title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

MIsh Mash of emotions..........

My little sister's 65th birthday--- 






I never thought I'd live long enough to see her this old!
====================
My best friend's 5th year sadiversary.

68 years we held each other up--







Bethie and I visited her in the hospital hospice
our last time--4 days before she died.

I never thought I'd outlive her.  She fought that evil demon ovarian cancer, for four years, with grace and positiveness, even through her husband's illness and death.  She put all of us in awe with her happy spirit.
Toward the end, she told her family, "Take care of Jude.  This is going to hit her hard."

and it did--------

I still miss her--more than anyone.
======================

Today, I am to eat light as I prepare for the dreaded COLONOSCOPY PREP day tomorrow.  I fear tomorrow evening/night more than I have feared anything in a very long time!!!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sister!

    Sorry for the loss of your best friend... 5 years ago.

    You will get through prep day, and the actual procedure will be so easy. They will give you (what I used to call a Manhattan in an IV) an IV. And it will be all over... Before you know it. Think positive thoughts. Worry doesn't change anything, and only upsets us.

    Lots and lots of gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that. I love the Propofol in the arm. Always wake up smiling. It's not the procedure--it's the PREP!!

      Delete
    2. When I got my last colonoscopy I asked him if I was getting the Michael Jackson special....He said yes...��

      Delete
  2. I didn't think the prep was as bad as people made it seem! And it felt so great to have a totally empty system for one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be the best part--sparkling clean and the weight loss. LOL

      Delete
  3. Sadiversaries still creep up on us don't they. Sorry about Arlene.

    Good luck with your procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about you best bud. I know how much I love mine, and can't bear to think of losing her. Good luck with the prep. It may not be as bad as you think. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your been bless to have such a wonderful sister in your life.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about you today, and hoping you're fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all my comments on different dates you can see I've been catching up. Am sure you must miss your life long friend. Lost a SIL to that cancer years ago when chemo for it was experimental and life expectancy was virtually none. We're left with only memories.

    Given our time difference you're likely getting ready to go in for your examination. Hope you were able to relax and all will be over probably when you read this. I trust the results will be to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you today, Judy. Praying all goes well for you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you Judy, and am guessing that you are probably done with the whole thing by now. Trusting that your results will be good, and you can put that worry behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such sweet pictures judy!! you are lucky to be able to miss someone so much - to have had that deep, deep love. cherish those memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious memories. I too dreaded the colonoscopy prep but it turned out to be not such a big deal. You'll do great. xoxo

    ReplyDelete