title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Questions and Answers

If any of you or if you know of anyone, who would like their genealogy done, please e-mail me with a mailing address and I will send you a brochure that explains pricing and all that will be included in the finished book.  I will even waive the usual $100.00 deposit I normally require.  We can even set up a payment plan so you don't have to pay for it all at once.  I need the work and something to occupy my brain.  

Most genealogists will send you pages that look like this and leave it for you to figure out:

My pedigree pages show each individual, then I add pages that show the other family members information and other pages that show the written story of the direct ancestors.  Plus any photos you want added or ones I find, plus--much more. Each book is about 100+ pages with a real nice front and back cover and printed on acid free, archival paper.  They also make nice gifts for family members.

============================
Someone, I think Deb, asked how far along I was with the cross stitched baby quilt.


What with the basketball tournament continuing until April and then baseball games starting--I should have it finished by the 1st of May.
======================
PT went very well today.  I have been asking, the last couple of weeks, if my therapist could do the traction machine on my neck.

Finally today, because I still have numbness in my arms and hands, she relented.  She got me adjusted in the head contraption and started it.  OMGosh!  It felt soooooooo good to have my neck stretched up, held for a few minutes, then released and repeat, and repeat, and repeat.  I could almost feel the vertebrae opening up and letting the nerves flow.

My therapist doesn't like to use the kind of "tools" I have had other therapists use with good results.  She prefers manipulations, with her hands which are extremely painful.

She said that we will do the traction each visit from now on.  YAY!!! Anytime I have had PT on my neck, traction is the only thing that gave me really good results!

She had an intern there who is 19 years old.  We had a great conservation about woman's lib, and politics and religion.  My therapist is almost 30, so her mother would be in her 50's.  I told her we needed her mother to join us next time to get a perspective on how it was when she was growing up.  Then we'd have an old woman, one my daughter's age, the therapist my grand daughter's age and the intern, a younger grand daughter.

We agreed on most of the religion and woman's lib stuff.  They are both Liberals, but calm, moderate Liberals, so we all agreed in most part on politics.    I sure got my money's worth today and stirred up my brain.  I loved it.

I would truly enjoy being in a conversation/discussion group---with people younger than me.  When I tried the Senior Citizen group, those people are way too old for me--as are my School chums luncheon group.

They don't want to explore philosophies, or anything interesting.  They mostly just complain about their husbands, and moan about their illnesses.

I do like interacting with younger's and I need the stimulation to keep my brain from dying out.  LOL
===================
This little Princess is 13 years old today.



 and nearly as tall as Gramma.  My New Jersey girl, Elise Ann.
<sigh>

17 comments:

  1. What a beauty she is, and look at that totally natural blond hair!!!!! Wow, what a knock-out she will be!!!!!

    Hope Daddy is prepared, to chase the boys away. -gigggles-

    So nice a picture of you and her.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It seems that most older people, are content to "vegetate"!!! Don't make them "think," or "ponder"... And especially, don't ask them to consider their life-long-held views/opinions.

    Just let them moan about their husbands, kids, illnesses.

    Oh Babe, you hit the nail on the head here!!!!

    And that is why I liked to find younger blogs, etc. Ones which ponder things. Ones which let the reader into their minds, and not just into their homes.

    My issue has been, that those I found and enjoyed, have allowed themselves to be filled-to-the-brim, with false information. Giving me no room, to have a different opinion on 'things.' Thus, alienating me. -sigh-

    And because of this, I can not comment in their blogs, anymore.

    So, I just read them, for the fun and stimulation they give me. And skip over their political rants and insults.

    Bahhh-humbug.....

    But it sure was nice, while it lasted.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone is welcome to leave a differing opinion here. As you know, I live with family members and friends that are from every area of the political, religious, philosophical spectrum, most of them different than mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby quilt is lovely, and your granddaughter is beautiful!

    I can attest to the wonderful work you put into the genealogy; it's a treasure my brother and I wouldn't have had if not for you! I'll try to think if anyone I know would be interested in having theirs done.

    For me, I don't usually get into debates about politics, but do enjoy exchanging ideas on other things. Like you, though, Judy the "old people" are just too old for us. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your therapy is going well. Funny you should mention liking being around younger people. I feel that way at the gym. Even though there isn't much conversation going on there, just knowing I'm working at the same things they are, lightens my mood. I like the senior hall but conversations are rarely deep and I miss that the most, living alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm glad your therapist finally decided to listen to you! Your baby quilt is going to be awesome and your granddaughter is a lovely young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes keeping your mind challenged and occupied is the key to remaining sharp and young!

    love the pic of you and Elise she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judi, does the back of the baby quilt look like? Do you have to keep you stitching extra neat in the back or is the back covered with something? I want to do one for my new grandson, but I worry if the back stitching will be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt is two layers--the printed front and the quilted back. I move my needle between the layers to keep the back of the quilt with no stitches.

      Delete
  9. I found an enjoyable discussion group at a Unitarian-Universalist Church about 20 miles from our home. No need to be a church member to participate, and several regulars are not. If a UU church is near you, you may want to see if they have discussion groups--I'm told many do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous pictures of two beauties, with amazing smiles. The quilt looks great, it's commingling along nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so sweet! Comes from good stock. Your explanation for expanding one's circle down in age is terrific. We can all learn from each other, right? I've made a new friend who is 47. Maybe I can go younger...

    I'm so glad that neck stretcher feels so good. Oh, my. I DO hope you have good results with it!

    I need to spread the word about your genealogy work. It's terrific!

    Will do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your granddaughter is a beauty!! I just turned 50 in January and if I lived closer to you (I'm in New York) I would sit and talk with you happily!! I love the knowledge and wisdom of those older than me!! I hope everything went well with your colonoscopy. I just found your blog thru "Moon Spinners." She's another lady whose blog I enjoy reading. Looking forward to catching up on your past posts. : ) xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, am most appreciative of the genealogy books you research and prepare as have been my family members. I can well imagine long after I'm gone my descendants will be especially pleased to have our history.

    I wonder if traction "hanging yourself" with an under-the-chin strap attached to a cord that hangs over a door top would help you -- depending on what spinal units are involved, I suppose. I recall that was one daily treatment I was instructed to do some years ago for select cervical units.

    I, too, enjoy the input from a variety of age groups. I recall my Mom saying much the same thing when she was approaching 90, that she didn't enjoy being stuck with just a bunch of old people -- in their thinking, or lack of it, she was saying. That was one fun thing about working as long as I did, having the opportunity to interact with so many different age co-workers and patients.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't do anything "old" so I totally hear you there. And I have no need for joining groups. I don't play well with others; it's my fault but it's a fact. I'm okay with it because if anyone needs me, they know where to find me and if they know me at all, they know I stand ready to help, if only in lending moral support and prayers. Elise Ann is gorgeous, and such a sweet-looking girl. Precious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete