title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Truly Lovely Day

I woke up to a bit of haze that turned into nice, warm sunshine and 58 degrees.

I was even inspired to do a bit of vacuuming and dusting and straightening up.  Not in the mood to run up to Walmart, but I needed to take in two bags of pop bottles to return, the cats needed wet food and I needed one last batch of squirrel food and bird seed.

After I got underway, I kind of enjoyed myself.  The Walmart was pretty quiet and calm.  No little kids running around and screaming, just a lot of old people like me, strolling along and looking at everything.

After I left there, I stopped at the Tractor Supply store and got a couple of bags of peanuts, a larger bag of shelled corn, sunflowers seeds and a medium size bag of bird seed.  It was all pretty heavy, but I got it all unloaded, filled up the feeders and put away the groceries.

I got a lot of liquid stuff to drink, some orange Popsicles, and orange jello, chicken broth, some Gatorade and lots of water--in preparation for my two day preparation for the colonoscopy next week.

Then Karen called and wanted to know if I wanted to go out for supper!  We haven't done that in quite a long time so I was excited.  We went to an authentic, hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant.  She had General Taos (?) chicken and I had my usual beef and Chinese veggies.  Of course we had the obligatory hot Oolong tea, white rice, soup and egg roll.  We both brought more home than we ate.

We had a wonderful catch-up conservation.  Of course, we talked a lot about her grandbaby, Della.  Della will be baptized April 2.  The other grandma may not come as, come to find out, she is a bit miffed about the whole thing.  Luckily, her son, the husband/Daddy doesn't mind at all.  He doesn't care if the baby is raised Jewish or Catholic.  

Now we all went to the Jewish naming and blessing event the other grandma had and although none of us understood the Hebrew words or the whole ceremony, we found it very interesting and lots of fun.  I like the Jewish grandma and I hope the she comes.  I told Karen, she could sit with me because I won't be going through all the "rigmarole" of kneeling and crossing and getting Holy water sprinkled on me.

Personally, I think it is wonderful that Della will enjoy all the traditions of the Jewish faith and also all the traditions of the Christian faith.  She will learn all the prophecies of the Old Testament and see them come to fruition in the New Testament.
and probably disappoint both grandmas when she grows up, discards both religions and becomes a Methodist.  HAH!

I felt so good today, both emotionally and physically.  I can tell I am standing straighter from the PT and walked all over Walmart, tall and with a firm stride.

I felt alive!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Now that's a happy post, Judy! So glad you're feeling well, and enjoyed dinner with Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had so many pleasant things to write about. I wish I had someone to got to a Chinese restaurant with. I miss that and pizza since my husband died.

    I love that Della's parents are observing the traditions of the religions of both her parents. I hope the other grandmother goes to the baptized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. Life is good...enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you're feeling better, Judy. I can almost see the 'spring' in your step walking through Walmart. How nice, also, to have spent time with your daughter. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww - this was so fun to read judy, i love when you are happy and things are going well for you!!! age is just a number and you have a great spirit number!!

    and i happen to love when walmart is empty. mine is only empty at midnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeeee? The PT is helping. You are really getting the kinks out! And your body, is thus, moving in the way it was designed to move!!!!!

    Yessssssss!!!!!

    Plus, the warm weather. A perfect time of year, to get stretched out and limbered up!

    Gentle Spring hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great day! Standing tall is a great thing. Every little bit of strength we gain is awesome. In so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful day! Hope you have lots more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our former neighbors two children thoroughly enjoyed their mixed religious world -- celebrating forever, it seemed, through the December, January holidays.

    ReplyDelete