title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, October 17, 2016

Mundane Monday

Not much going on here.

My MSU Spartans are having a miserable football season.  I've been a fan since I was 10--so I've seen the good, the bad and (this season) the ugly.

I managed to make a return of "too short" jeans, at the Penny's store at the BIG mall, south of here, which meant driving through a huge, scary round-about.

NOT your average traffic circle!!!
The general rule is: Yield to cars coming from your left.  Which I did, but I was in the wrong lane and almost got shoved off onto the expressway, heading south.  Managed to blinker light myself into the correct lane and made it there and back unscathed.  Don't think I will need to go out there again.

There are Four Hundred and Forty-Two thousand stores and restaurants in the Mall, but I see no need to investigate any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
==============
Today, or tomorrow, depending on my mood, there will be a trip to Discount Tire to have 4 new ones put on the old car.  Not that my other ones are worn thin, but they are 7 years old and cracked from weathering and with a predicted fierce winter headed our way, I want (and have the money for) new ones.  Git 'er done!
===========================

Back to my laundry--later-------------------

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate those round-abouts! I've never seen a double one like your picture though. I just came back from a hair raising trip on the expressway where a hug truck was swerving back and forth across three lanes in front of me. He was either drunk or falling asleep. I got off the first chance I could.

    Most malls are filled up with stuff we don't need or can get by mail. I hate shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in some area's they call them "round-a-bouts"...i do love that name better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't like that big mall either! The only two times I have been there in the past 5 years was to go to the Apple store! Otherwise, I avoid it like the plague!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That roundabout looks like a nightmare to negotiate. I'm glad you made it out alive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate those roundabouts. Yikes....try them in England where they are backwards, because you drive on the left side of the road.

    I hate malls even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH ... I don't know which I hate more: complicated roundabouts, or shopping malls. I have despised malls for a very long time. Reading the comment above, it seems I'm in good company. xoxo

    ReplyDelete