title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, October 31, 2016

Life is good...........

I love this photo of Della.  Only 5 days old and it looks like she is cooing and smiling at her dog.  Last I knew, 5 day old babies were not capable of cooing or smiling.


Happy Family 
==========================

Friday night, John carried Maisey over for one last good-bye.  She hasn't eaten very much in the last two weeks and would only eat from my hand.  I was sad to see them leave and ever sadder when I saw John and Maisey drive by at 10:00 on Saturday morning.  Heading to the vets office and Maisey's journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

My Spartans lost against our instate rivals, University of Michigan, but...the game was a lot better than I had thought.  Our team is really down this year.  A lot of guys hurt and unable to play and a lot of true Freshmen taking their place,  I feared something like a 40-0 score.  It was 32 to 23.  So I didn't feel too bad.

I did get to watch my 2nd favorite team, the Florida State Seminoles beat Clemson--which was not predicted to happen.

John stopped in around 9:30.  He hadn't been home all day.  Couldn't stand to go back into his now empty home.  He was so very upset.  He and Maisey had been together for 15 years.  He has been spending nearly $400.00 a month the last two years to keep her alive.  She was born with Cushing's Syndrome and the last two years as liver disease, pancreatitis, kidney failure and prone to seizures.  Every time the vet thought it might be Maisey's last visit, that pooch always came out of it and was happy and well for a couple of months.

Needless to say, John gave Maisey the very best life she could have had.

There comes a time when our pets are in such a tired, sad state that we know---------------

I am sure going to miss her.


========================
My Extra-Daughter Chris, the one who visited me last fall in her tiny camper, sold that tiny camper.  Her back and legs ached after her long camping trip around the States, because at no time was she ever able to sit or stand upright in that little thing.  So, she sold it.

She started the hunt for a "regular" camper trailer this summer.  Then, her career Army hubs was being transferred from Italy back to the States for his last 3 years until retirement.

She trekked over to Italy for a couple of weeks to help get him moved to his new base.  Hawaii.  She got to spend a couple of weeks there too, getting him settled.

When she got back to Texas, she found a trailer exactly like she wanted at a dealership a couple of hours away.  She drove up to make the deal.  After a couple of hours back and forth, they settled on a price.  There was a catch.  She could only get it for that price IF she financed it through their dealership.  She had cash in hand, but if she paid cash, it would cost $2K more.

Wait.  What?

She looked around on the Internet and found one--here on the west side of the State, that was $2K cheaper than the one in Texas.  She figured it was worth $2K to drive up from Texas, stop in to see her "Mom" (me) and spend the day.

We had a wonderful time yesterday.  We went out to lunch and then I drove her up to the cider mill.  We sat down by the river, listening to the water burbble and bubble over the rocks and ate our Cinnamon sugared doughnuts and drank our little pints of cider.

I just got a message from her, that she arrived in Grand Rapids.  The trailer is 2 feet longer than the one in Texas, even has a slide out where the couch sits and they did accept cash.  The dealership wants her to spend the night in the trailer to make sure everything is comfortable for her and that all the appliances, heater, A/C, shower, toilet works correctly.

She will start back to Texas tomorrow.
======================
I will have the long awaited photos of my room divider on Wednesday or Thursday.  I promise.  My little sister was impressed, so it must look all right.

16 comments:

  1. awe, poor John. And, you, Judy I know you're going to miss that sweet little dog. :(

    Della is just simply adorable! So precious, I love the pictures. Do they live close enough that you can see her whenever possible?

    You haven't mentioned Jen lately, or if so I missed it.

    I'm happy for Chris! Now, will she move to Hawaii also? She sounds like a wonderful, caring extra daughter for you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No--the kids live quite a few miles from here and...I don't know how to get there. LOL The thing about Chris--they were going to retire to the house in Texas--now she is trying to sell it because his parents in Idaho need a bit of care. So, Chris is moving to Idaho and get a place near his parents. Then, when he retires in 3 years, they will live there. Chris is going back to Hawaii to visit in the spring for their 25th anniversary.

      Delete
  2. So sweet, that Great Grand!! Beautiful. And what fun to see Chris - I also can't WAIT to see your room divider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babies born via C-section always look better. None of the trauma to their face smashed or reddened trying to get down that tunnel to the new world. LOL

      Delete
  3. Poor John. I feel bad for him. It's hard to lose a beloved pet. Good thing Chris got a new trailer. I can't imagine spending so much time sleeping in that tiny thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is reacting similar as to how I acted when Fred died. Foggy headed, just thinking about his dog. Wandering around not quite knowing what to do. Forgetting to eat--not being able to sleep. He is truly grieving.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Maisy. It sounds like it was well past the point when John needed to let go...still that doesn't make it any easier after 15 years.

    Chris sure sounds like a smart, self-reliant lady. I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with her.

    Can't wait to see your room divider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris is very self-reliant and confident. So unlike the 30 year old who came to live with me for a year. We have a very close, easy relationship--the total opposite she and her mother had. Her mother was so much like Dar they could be sisters!!

      Delete
  5. sad news about maisy. your room looks awesome, it shows all the thought you put into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. It looks even better now. :-)

      Delete
  6. I remember well when Chris visited you last year. Good on her, wheeling and dealing for just the right camper. She's intrepid. I'm so sorry about Maisie. It's a sad day when we say goodbye to those pets who are like our babies. I miss my Javier so much. Prayers for John. Della's adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that he doesn't have Maisey to walk twice a day, I don't think he will ever stop in for a visit. Today--I talked to no other human being!

      Delete
  7. That baby is just beautiful!

    Maybe you should walk down to John's and visit him? It would probably really perk him up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes my heart sing, that your 'extra' daughter visited you. And that she found a new camper with headroom. God is so economical in His/her planning.

    Great grandbaby Della is such a dear! Is the dog with her the family pet or a stuffed animal? Can't tell!

    Poor John. His dog may have been is best friend. Do you miss his conversations and his little pooch? Dar can go days and weeks go without visiting. Oh! If only Chris lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog is real. It is a year old now. Named Rupert. He was really cute last Christmas, not so much now, in my opinion. A Golden Doodle or something like that.

      Delete