title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Whassup?

What unimaginably beautiful weather we are having!!  Unimaginable because last week we were inundated with snow, gray clouds and rain every day and, none of us could imagine that spring would spring so quickly.

So my Forsythia's not going to bloom this year, and many of my Daffodils are laying face down on the ground, BUT the Tulips are just coming into bud and the Lilac bushes look like they are going to do well, and----I made it through another winter!!!!!
=============
Doing a bit of spring house cleaning every day--doors and windows open to the fresh breeze.  Still have to turn the furnace on at night, but................the cats do love sitting in the open windows or front door and looking at their outside world through just the screen.

I am up to my grommets in genealogy.  Probably the most extensive one I have ever done.  The only thing about genealogy that is disappointing is that, we get facts and dates, but we don't often get the family stories.  

When I did the one for my family, included in each person's "facts" on Family Tree Maker, I put in a brief description of the person, i.e., their profession, a bit of their life history.  Then, when I finally finished, I uploaded my Family Tree to Ancestry.com.  That way, anyone else looking around, will find a bit more than just facts and figures.  It's also nice to have photos of the people too.

I got up to see Pearl and Merle--well it wasn't planned, Pearl called and wanted me to tell her how to get into Face Book.  "Something went wrong.  I think I've been hacked.  I got in yesterday, but can't today."

So, up there I trotted and had her try it and found out why she couldn't get in.  She was clicking on the wrong desk-top icon!?????????????!!!!!!

Don't ask.  I don't know.  It's like her memory just flips out every now and then.  She messed up her on-line bank again, by putting in the wrong password--3 times--and got locked out.  (Sigh)

Merle is doing well with Parkinson's exercise class and riding a stationary bike and then riding his own bike around the Park.  All the new ways to combat the advancing disease.

I think I have found a way to keep Darlene out of my house.  When she was here the other night, she saw two ants climbing up the wall behind me.  She got very nervous.  I took a Kleenex and got them and disposed of them, but she had a shudder.  Then she saw another one and I just ignored it.  Apparently ants bother her a lot.  They don't bother me...so I think I will put out some sugar and invite even more inside.  LOL
<maybe I could find and train a pet spider?>

John is so funny!  He and Maizey stop in here every, single night!!  Around 9:00 nowadays.  He goes on and on, about stupid people, stupid drivers, stupid laws, stupid politicians--on and on and on!  Then, when he is all done with his rant, he looks at me, smile and says, "And how was your day?"  Because I told him once how Dar irritates me because all she does is talk about herself.

I could not live an entire day with that man!  He is not mellow in the least!  Every little thing makes him upset!  I can't bear to ride with him in the car because he rants and raves about everyone else on the road!

But he did give me 2# of sliced ham.  HAH!

Okay--I gotta get to bed so I can get up tomorrow and do something useful and see if I can find my way out of the 1500's and back to the present.  It's truly amazing how surnames change down through the generations.

9 comments:

  1. You should become a private detective! Can you imagine what you might uncover?? Put me down next on your list of genealogy projects!

    So glad your weather is improving. It's already warming up over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do encourage those ants LOL

    We'll now be getting your yummy warm weather in the east. Garden calling!

    It would be fun to visit some of the places our ancestors come from. Our family does have a few photos, going back three generations, and a silver pitcher, with the inscription, Charles. _. Rood. When I visit the homestead, I'll look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ants don't bother me so much either, but I don't like spiders and I hate centipedes. You gotta respect ants. They have such a strong work ethic and are physically strong. They can support 5,000 times their own weight. Cool, huh! I bet their work ethic is much greater than Dar's. Ha!

    I'd have to ask John to leave if he came by at 9. That's my bedtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ants don't bother me when I see two or three, but the hills they make in the yard are dangerous with the kids running around. I heard if you spray them with salt water it sends them bye bye. It's worked a few times.

    John is really funny, but yeah that negativity doesn't sound so great.

    You're working hard, Judy. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an ant hill in my basement that I spray when I remember and ants inside by my front door. They only bother me because they are so tiny I'm afraid I could eat them accidentally if they got in my kitchen. I just vacuum then up ever so often.

    We finally had a great weather day today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same weather here....chilly this morning but it is currently around 70 degrees and the weekend is to be more of the same and no rain, no snow! :)
    I think my lilac might make it too which is amazing given the weather extremes we have had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, you have a huge load of super book material. I love coming here, 'specially to read about Dar, the rich girl with the crazy (and sad, too) family thing! I want to know more about Merle & Pearl. I mean there's enough material there for just one book. ( Merle with is full frontal hugs, and Pearl, God bless her! I identify so with her. I forget passwords, lose things like my keys and cell and house phone IN the house 10 times a day! I spend my days looking for whatever I've lost in the clutter in this old house. I worry about my memory at 66 years old. :0 ) And then, John--bless HIS heart (Ok, I'm below the Mason-Dixon line here in VA, and we use that phrase a lot-- passed down from our ancestors, I guess.)I don't know how old the fellow is, but he snow blows the heck out of your little village, gives you ham, ;), unloads your groceries, visits everyday. Is he (was he) ever good-looking, do you think? ;)Is he sweet on you?? Plus, he's got Maisie, who thinks she's yours!! I'd love to read the imaginary book, and more snippets of your life and your family, too.
    Life is trippy, isn't it?! I am reading your 'book', right now as I write this, "live as it happens!" :) I get disappointed when you don't have a post up, of course, I'd love to hear about your years in the other state you lived in for years--sorry, don't remember which one. But most days aren't so adventure-filled as this, but when they aren't, I'd covet more memories you haven't shared yet. I've read all your former posts, and Judy, it always seems our family (that we love so much), hurt us the most. But then, it's because we love them so that they've got the power to cut us so deeply, to make our lives so hard. Love should not hurt.:(
    Life!! I love biographies and autobiographies, always have been interested in people's everyday lives, and blogs are so perfect for me---and you've got a thoughtful writing style.
    Oh! I knit and crochet, too! I love seeing what you churn out for Chris.(Oh! Sorry for running on!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! I understand "Bless your heart", isn't exactly a compliment down south. :-) I saw a photo of John when he was in the Marines. VA VA VOOM! But he never has been over 5'7", so I never would have been attracted to him. I'm 5'11" and short boys always made me feel odd. I never have lived in any other state besides Michigan. I have lived in other areas of this State, but no one, or now how will I ever live anywhere else--unless it's Heaven. I can always hope!! I love biographies and autobiographies too! and diaries and journals and blogs. I think it is the "snoop" in me! HAH! Gosh--I don't know what more I could share of my life. I have written things in this blog that NO ONE knows about me--that is why no one in my family knows I have a blog. I DO have an image to maintain. LOL

      Delete
    2. Well, sometimes " Oh, bless his little heart!", means totally that you want that little sick baby to be blessed by God and to get well.

      Then there's well.... the "other blessing!"
      Sorry, I got mixed up on state area, and whole state! After having lived in only two tiny homes in one tiny county my whole life, about 16 years with my parents, and the rest of 50 out of my entire 66 years with my husband in out GI house that had been moved from one of VA's port cities. Basically, I've been married since I was a child. :) (With child!) Now with 3 grandchildren!
      Lol! I had a sneaky feeling about John being cute!
      Oh... I've got too much crazy family history to start writing it, and my memory is awful. Not sure I could stand to sort through it all.
      I'd much rather read others! Like yours!

      Delete