title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, April 18, 2016

I'm Old and I'm Getting Cranky!

Neighbor's that mow their lawn on Sunday's annoy me to the nth degree.  Especially when they were home all day Saturday and could have done it, or the retirees that have all week to do it.  I live TOOOO close and windows open, with the roar of these smelly, exhaust spewing machines going past my house, barely 15 feet away!!!  Sunday is supposed to be a quiet day!

I cannot stand to listen to Ted Cruz' voice.  Nasally and whiny sounding!  "They" say, Kasich is the only one who has a chance to beat HiLIARy in November.  How can we get him elected?  Just a real down-to-earth guy.

What the heck is happening in Houston and Texas with rain of Biblical proportions?  Did you see that on the news?  Is this another city built below sea level, so they have no drainage.  Idiots!!

It took my 5 hours to clean my wee 16 x 18' living room today.   Work 15 minutes, rest 10.  My back is causing me problems for the last couple of months.  I thought that problem had been taken care of when I had my last hip replacement.  Haven't had any back pain since--until February--when I carried in heavy stuff.  GEEZ LOUISE!

Got bedroom/bath/utility/kitchen/living room all done.  I always leave this awful room for the last.  Suppose to do the worst first, but.................I need to really get my, "If I have to, I can do anything", theme song going before I tackle this room.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe Wednesday.

The clutter in this room isn't helped by the fact that when I am working on genealogy, I have stacks and stacks of papers I have printed out.  Family groups.  Sorted by oldest to youngest ancestor.  I even have two TV trays in here to hold the excess!  Plus my desk is piled high, all centered and encircled around my desk chair.  I LOVE IT!!!!!
<but anyone who enters can see it from the front door>

The Park brought in two dumpsters--for us residents to use to throw away our stuff while spring cleaning. The dumpster for my area of the park was suppose to arrive today.  They dropped it off late Friday night. I went up there to dump some stuff and it was full!! The people that live in the nearest area to the dumpster, saw it set in place Friday night and had all weekend to fill it--and they did!  I'll just put my stuff out on Thursday with the rest of my garbage.

John was really ticked off.  "They said the dumpster would be ready today and yet those people used it early.  That's just not fair!  They shouldn't have used it until the proper time!"  

I replied, "Mellow out, Kid.  Just put your junk out on garbage day."

Then I said, "Tomorrow is yard waste pick-up day. I've got some branches and stuff I gotta get in the bag.  Come and help me."    and he did, but he continued to grumble about the dumpster issue.

I can see why he has been divorced twice.  He would drive me nuts!!!!!
=================
Today, Susan's youngest boy, Matthew would have been 40 years old!  He had already been accepted to Michigan State to study Architecture.  He would have been wonderful at that.  Unfortunately, he died one month after his 18th birthday and two weeks before his high school graduation.  He was the happiest, easy going kid I ever met.  He called me "Awunt Juday".  He died of A.L.L.=Leukemia, supposedly the easiest one to cure.  He lived here in Michigan with his Dad.  My sister, Susan, lived way out in New York.  Can you even imagine the trips she made back in forth--in her car--alone?

Pammie called me tonight and I found out something that is a great relief to me.  My son Mark, has had good luck with his cancer with the pills and infusion they have given him, but a month ago, his oncologist told him he needed to start chemotherapy to really put a stop to it.  Mark was really upset.  Apparently he thought the pills were going to be enough.  He probably didn't understand all the doc told him on his first few visits.  His partner, Cindy is not much better.  She goes with him, but doesn't know what questions to ask and doesn't remember what the doc said any better than Mark.

He asked Pam what she thought he should do. Should he do the chemo?  Pammie told him that decision was entirely up to him.  She couldn't give any advice because she didn't know anything about cancer or what treatments he should have.

Well, I have been praying that he would opt for the chemo.

Pammie told me tonight that Mark has decided to go with the therapy.  The oncologist told him they could practically guarantee him 8 more years and by then, newer treatments will have come along.  He promised Mark that he won't be sick, they have stuff to counteract the poison chemo.  The oncologist told him to keep smoking weed and to use the Cannabis oil and to make brownies with it, sprinkle it on his salad.  (Lordy!)

I have read a lot about how they are having remarkable results with Cannabis killing cancer cells.

Mark said to Pammie, "I guess Ma can't be mad at me now for smoking weed!"

Brats!  They are ALL brats!!!

 Gotta get this posted so it still says "Monday" at the top.  Talk with you later.


13 comments:

  1. It must be so hard to lost a son or a daughter. Even after all these years Susan's sadiversary must bring up lots of memories.

    You can't stand Ted Cruz's voice and I can't stand his face. He reminds me of spooky Grandpa Munster from the Monster's TV show. What shallow people we've become with age. LOL I supposed we'd both overlook those things if we liked him as a person?

    I've been doing my spring cleaning in the winter in recent years. I thought, what the heck since no one burns coal anymore to leave deposits on the walls so cleaning doesn't need to be seasonal anymore like it did when spring cleaning became the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing what marijuana can do for people with cancer. It's a wonder drug! I only wish it would cure it! Another reason to make it legal! I'm glad Mark decided to go with his doctors recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never be a cure for Mark. Just a maintenance program to give him a few more years and hopefully feeling pretty good.

      Delete
  3. Your poor sister, Susan! Living apart from her son, then having to drive oodles of miles to accompany him through a heart wrenching dying. You were closer, and must have loved him as generously as you love your other grandchildren. So sad. In unlived life leaves such a sad hole.

    I am thrilled ( a qualified 'thrilled') your son is going for chemo. Hah! Oncologists tell you side effects can be mitigated, but every body reacts to this poison differently. Hope his Doctor does his part to stay on top of chemo's side effects. I hear cannabis is good. I wish it had been around 15 years ago for my hubbie! One good thing about chemo - the body springs back and the cancer is gone. I wish Mark the best.

    So sorry your back is still hurting. Maybe a muscle spasm that won't release? I know you're doing all the right things. For me it took someone doing deep muscle work right where it hurt, plus the Advil or something stronger, plus the ice. Chiropractors help somewhat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My insurance used to pay most of the Chiropractor's work, now it doesn't. Physical Therapy is paid in total, through Medicare and my supplement, so that is the route I will take--when I get "round-to-it".

      Delete
  4. i clean good over the winter, when it's crapy out and i find it easy to keep up, it's just chuck and i. but still the dust falls and the cobwebs form, no matter!!!! and on the hardwood floors i always have dust bunnies. i have a shark cordless sweeper that i like, once charged it is easy to move around and it is good for "keeping up"!!!

    very sad about matthew, he had his whole life in front of him. with that said, it makes me appreciate my life more!!!

    cannabis is a great natural "drug"!! i have used it for my MS symptoms when nothing else is helping with great results. i don't like to smoke it, other forms work better and "feel" better!!! lets keep the pot thing between us!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tickles me because years ago I asked Mark to get me some pot so I could try it. His response, "Mother! Don't you dare use that stuff! It will mess with your mind!"

      Delete
  5. It sounds more like John is the grumpy one!

    Those birthdays are so difficult; I know Susan's will never heal, or yours, and I wish people would stop saying "time heals all wounds".

    I need to do some cleaning around here, but it seems like as soon as I do, the kids come. :)

    Having tried the "stuff" once, I can tell you it does mess up your mind. But, I'm glad it helps Mark and glad too that he's decided to do the treatment.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then, me and the kids will be talking about a memory and Mark has said, "I don't remember that." Then Pammie will say, "Smoking weed does that to your memory!" They are all brats, but I tell you, those two oldest ones are the worst. LOL

      Delete
  6. No, Houston was not built below sea level. We have no levees as they do in New Orleans. We ARE, however on the coastal plain where the topography is flat and slopes to the Gulf. Houston's problem (and IS where they are stupid) is they have no zoning. There also is no limit on expansion which means the area is expanding outward rapidly. To the west were the rice fields. They historically were wetlands and supposed to collect water. They are now covered over with streets, houses, and shopping centers. This is an extra unusual event. Anyone who gets 14 inches of rain in a very few hours will have problems with water. This water had no place to go except into the previously existing developments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything covered with concrete and no where to drain.

      Delete
  7. No, Houston was not built below sea level. We have no levees as they do in New Orleans. We ARE, however on the coastal plain where the topography is flat and slopes to the Gulf. Houston's problem (and IS where they are stupid) is they have no zoning. There also is no limit on expansion which means the area is expanding outward rapidly. To the west were the rice fields. They historically were wetlands and supposed to collect water. They are now covered over with streets, houses, and shopping centers. This is an extra unusual event. Anyone who gets 14 inches of rain in a very few hours will have problems with water. This water had no place to go except into the previously existing developments.

    ReplyDelete