title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, April 22, 2016

Peace--Fun--Chaos

Shut my clock radio off last night and woke up to my Cuckoo Clock chirruping at 9:00.  Perfect!

Had a nice morning, in front of my computer, then a ham sammich, watched my Soap and then at 2:00, got a list made and up to Brighton I drove.

I had a ball!  

To Staples first, had to get a new Tri-Color inkjet cartridge,  Then out and across the street to the Bank, to put the cash I have saved into the checking account so I can finally get the last major repair done on my car.

Out on the street and across the main drag to Michael's/JoAnn's hunting for a skein of gray yarn.

Left there and traveled down to the end of that mall area and across the main drag into the Meijers gas station ($2.09), $20.00 nearly filled the tank, and then over to the Meijer's store.

My food allowance card was loaded up with the $15.00 a month I get and I was out of milk, meat, bread and Diet Pepsi, so I got that and then went up to the front of the store and decided to go through Darlene's line.  I had under 10 products and could have gone through the fast lane, but.............

My Lord!!  She yaks to every customer and takes forever to check them out!!!  She has always told me her line was the longest in the store because so many customers like her.  I think her line is the longest because she is the slowest, but that's just my opinion.

Thankfully my total came to $13.89--enough on the Welfare Card to cover that.  YAY.

I stopped at Subway on the way home to use my Gift Card.
=========================
I got home and unloaded everything.  Nice and relaxed and smiling at how much fun it had been today to run all over Brighton, and how I had planned my "travel" so I made no back-tracks and didn't have to turn left, only to come home and that was at a left turn light.  Feeling pretty smug.

Had half my Subway and watched the news and then---all heck broke out!!

Dar came busting in the door, lit up her cigarette, and started in on her tirade.  She only got about three minutes into her rant and there was a knock at the door.  It was John and Maizey.

John had brought me two Blueberry Muffins he got at Costco--giant things they are and really good.  Maizey wanted her treat of course, and John and Dar got to talking.

It was kind of funny actually.  Both of them talk a blue streak and they were talking over each other, because they are those kinds of people, so I just sat in my chair, giving Maizey her Cheerios's for her treat and listened.  Or tried to listen and sometimes, just blanked John and Dar out!!  They were talking about all the management jobs they have held and each one reported on how good they were at their job!

This went on for about 35 minutes and John had said something Dar didn't agree with and she was trying to expound on her theory, and then just, not so casually, jumped up and decided to go home.  Well, of course, the minute she was gone, John decided it was time for him to leave too.  She acted ticked-off when she left, John was clueless, as usual.  HAH.

I think she was perturbed because she didn't have a chance to finish her rant to me AND she didn't care for John talking so much, interrupting her, as she interrupted him, on and on.

What a hoot!

I fed my cats at 9:00 and now it is peaceful and quiet again.
========================
Tomorrow I want to clean up my porch, fill up the bird feeders, take down the squirrel feeder and haul my planters to the spots I want for this summers annuals.

It promises to be a nice, sunny weekend.

16 comments:

  1. You should feel happy, and smug, too! You've got your life budgeted. I don't know if I ever will..
    I am such a hermit..sort of fearing going out,(and people knocking on the door, too!), I do believe I'd find a a tree to live in somewhere. You really have a rich life, even with the bad things in the past and now, Judy. You've grown into a very smart, giving, sensible woman, even though you've been treated very badly. If you ever look down on yourself again, please think, " Trudy in Virginia says I'm smart and giving an funny, so I'm gonna love me more!" You really deserve it, lady! And please, don't run out of things to write about!
    xx Trudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Trudy, you are so funny! John and Dar are the very people who get on my case because I "don't get out as much as I should and socialize with people!" Because they are the kind of people that HAVE to go somewhere every single day, and often, my car sits in my drive for days at a time without moving. HAH! IF I thought I would get good cable/internet connections, I'd love a small cottage in the woods, with no one within 1/4 mile of me!

      I feel like I'm still living back in the 60's when we had the energy crunch and to save gas, I'd cluster my trips to town. A doctor's appointment, would lead into a dentist's appointment and then grocery shopping afterwards. I lived out in the country and it was 15 miles to the nearest town, so to save gas, we "arranged" trips to town.

      Delete
  2. I plan my errands, the same way...so I don't have to make left hand turns. Old people driving. LOL But it really takes the stress out of traffic to do it that way.

    If Dar talks as crazy to customers in line as she does to you, maybe people who are bored actually to pick her line for the entertainment value. I think I would if I had the time and was in the right mood.

    Glad you had a great day! Have some more, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, she yakked constantly to the lady ahead of me who had a huge cart full. The lady just stood there and didn't respond--trying to watch the total of her order build. Then Dar went into her spiel about why the lady didn't have M-Perks and how much she could have saved with M-Perks, and how the lady could sign up on line and blah, blah, blah. The woman responded, "I am only in town to visit my sister. Where I live, we don't have this kind of store, so I don't need Perks." Dar said, "Oh."
      Then when it was my turn, Dar started yakking to the lady BEHIND me, all the time she rang up my small order. She is a weird one!

      Delete
  3. you have taken a turn to the happy side and i love it!!! it's nice to come here and read that you have had a wonderful day....things did go well!!!

    but now i am a little upset though, that you only get 15 bucks on your card for food. that is ridiculous...i assume you have other money you can alot for food but 15 dollars is crazy!!

    i get those yacky checkout peeps all the time, that i don't know....i have that face, the one that says, talk to me!!!! have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time, I was getting $85 a month, then down to $55, then $35, and now $15. Not for any explained reason. I guess we have more people on the Welfare Rolls, so we have to thin it out. If they give the most to families, that is fine with me. I have $170.00 in my budget for groceries. And I go to the Food Bank where I can get products that are past the grocery store sell date. It is quite an experience to be poor, but good for me as it keeps me humble and truly thankful for anything I get.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an (almost) perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Lately, nothing seems to bother me.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you accomplished a lot. I love days like that. So satisfying. I wish I knew some of my neighbors. Yours are so... um.... interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the strangest people I have ever met in my entire life! I had close neighbors when I lived in Saginaw, before I moved here, and they all seemed pretty normal. But I have to admit--I liked it a lot better, living in the country, where my nearest neighbor was 1/4 mile away and that neighbor was family. LOL

      Delete
  6. Where's my comment? I know I left one, but then again maybe I read the post and just thought I did. I'm not sure I'm doing very well with short term memory loss. If I never told you about that, I will one day. Anyway, yes, I'm so glad you had enough on the card to get what you needed. I'm with Debbie though, and think you should get more as I know you could use it.

    John and Dar?
    Dar and John?
    Glad that wasn't me sitting there trying to keep up. :)

    I have news for Dar though; when I was a cashier after I retired? People did like to come through my line because I remembered their names, and asked about their family. But, that as I was scanning. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You left one on yesterday's post saying you'd be back to read it, but had the kidlets coming over and it was raining. LOL

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah! See? My memory is the pits. :)

      Delete
  7. Grouping tasks is just plain SMART ... not limited to old drivers! I avoid left turns ... as does UPS! After doing many studies, they determined they saved time and gasoline by not making left turns. I heard that on NPR the other day! It made ME feel smug!

    $15 a month? That might be worth a phone call or a visit!

    You have done amazing things with just your optimism!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love days where it seems like everything goes according to plan - yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete