title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, March 7, 2016

Spring Is In The Air--Tra La Tra La

One of my blog buddies, Teresa, is going to send up some nice warm air from where she lives in Chicago.  We get Chicago's weather a day later, so.......thanks in advance, Teresa.  LOL
===================
I wasted an entire weekend.  Well--not exactly wasted, but---I had such a back ache I could hardly walk.  I put my TENS pads on my back Saturday morning, plugged them into the device and had the pulsating-electric current going into the painful areas, off and on, most of the day.

That night, I took a Percocet that the doc gave me and slept really well.  However, the Percocet (oxycodone)  made me groggy and dizzy all day yesterday.  So I wasted Sunday.

Spent both days sitting in my recliner watching basketball games and crocheting.  Which in the long run, isn't good for my back or legs.

I need to walk, but considering I couldn't walk--------

ARGGH!  It is a Catch 22 situation.  I haven't had very bad back issues since I got my last hip replacement, so I was surprised.

I did watch a good (to me) movie On Demand, and it only cost me $2.99.  Blythe Danner and Sam Elliott in "I'll See You In My Dreams".  Movie for old, widowed or alone people.  Parts of it reminded me of me---and Fred.

John and Maizey stopped in both days, which was nice, but also tiring.

I couldn't believe that Maggie The Cat came out of hiding to visit with Maizey.  She even laid down in a submissive pose.  I told John to hang on tight to Maizey's lease because if she had run over to Maggie, my cat would have scratched and bit the poor doggie.


I watched the last Downton Abbey episode.  It was wonderful, but oh, I do feel sad that the Series is over.  I have each of the 6 DVD's so I can watch is all again, but..........I did look forward to Sunday nights and the viewing.  Sigh.

I enjoyed watching these animals coming in to their feeder.
Fox Squirrel

 Gray Squirrel
This afternoon I got in to see the Chiropractor.
"Whadja do now?" he asked.


"Something new for you to work on Doc.  My back."
"Your back?  You haven't had trouble with your back for years."

"I know.  I was protecting my left shoulder, so I think I lifted something too heavy with my right hand and...."

"Face down on the table, please."

and he used the tapper on my right lower back and then up on my right shoulder and then I got the big MS (muscle stimulator) pads on my lower back and walked out of there a new woman.

Of course, it isn't fixed yet--I go back Friday, but it sure feels a lot better.

Dar stopped in tonight, just as I was getting my supper ready.  She was all ablaze with anger and had just blown up at her son and his kids.   She asked her grand daughter to clean the bathroom they use and she found out her son had done it instead.

As we talked, she calmed down a little bit and I found out that the Dad had cleaned the bathroom because the grand daughter didn't know how.

"How can a girl be fourteen and not know how to clean a bathroom?"  Dar asked.

"Because she never has before and doesn't know how to do it.  Why don't you teach her---in a nice way?"

"She doesn't know to make a bed either!"

Poor Dar.  These kids have basically not learned how to do anything because they lived in a shack or trailer and slept in sleeping bags with an outside privy.  Dar just can't get that through her head.

"You have to be very specific with things you want them to do.  Write it out for them."

When Dar says, "Empty the trash and take the trash can to the curb."  Her grandson empties the kitchen garbage pail, puts it in the trash can and takes it out to the curb.  He doesn't realize there is more than one waste basket in the house and he needs to empty them all, and put in new bags.  Last week he took out 1 trash can, they have 2, but he didn't realize he had to take out 2 because Dar said, "Empty the trash and take the trash can to the curb."

He did just exactly what she had requested.  She will have to say, "Empty all the waste baskets in each room, into the garbage bag.  Put new bags in the waste baskets.  Take the full bag AND the bag from the kitchen and put them in the outside trash canS and take both cans to the curb."

Yes--it would drive me nutz too.  But these kids have the training of 5 year olds, so they need to be taught.

They have had no schooling or socialization and living in the conditions they did, they didn't have trash pick-up, nor bedding to launder and re-make the bed.  They don't know they are suppose to shower and change their clothes more than once a week.

A sad situation made even more difficult by a demanding, critical grandma.
==============
I raised the lower part of the glass storm door up about 7 inches so the nice warm clean 62 degree air could come in and air out this house!  Warmer tomorrow.  

YAY!!!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for that warm weather! I'm so sick of being cold.

    I saw that movie with my Movie and Lunch Club. We all liked it, too.

    Sorry about your back and the wasted weekend. Be careful with that Percocet!! It's a narcotic with some very dangerous interactions with other drugs. Drink lots of water when it's in your system. I have a relative who is addicted to it and it's almost killed her four times.

    Gosh, it's not hard to figure out why Dar's grandkids don't know how to do things. It's too bad their grandmother isn't someone like you who'd take the time to teach them what they need to know to live the civilize world. It's very sad, actually.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the Percocet after my hip surgery because I am allergic to Vicodin and Tramadol. I had a bottle of 30 and they lasted me 4 years. LOL This is half the strength I used then. I usually take a Tylenol PM, unless I am hurting really bad at bedtime.

      Delete
  2. I have a 10'a arriving
    maybe tomorrow
    Hope it works....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your back, hate when you don't feel well, Judy. Hopefully, Friday will be a big help!

    Yes, those children; how can one expect them to know to do things they've never been taught. Actually, I feel sorry for them and their dad. It's a sad situation. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your back is feeling better already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCH on your aching back! I have only been to a chiropractor once in my life. One of my brothers goes every two weeks....and swears by it.

    I do feel back for Dar's son and grandkids. She is certainly not nurturing them after the loss of their Mom. It just seems so EASY to ask "will you be in charge of emptying the trash on XXX and XXX. There are trash cans in Room A, B and C. And on XXXX please take the big can out to the road for pick up! Thank you and please ask me if you need anything. Sheesh!

    I had to teach my stepson how to clean at home. And he is a Mensa member ... just had never had to do it before. Now he's Mr. Clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're having very warm weather, too. Windows open. Nice.

    Dar's situation is pretty awful for all of them. Hopefully, she will be more specific from now on. It will save everyone a lot of frustration.

    I can't believe how effective your chiropractor is. I've heard mixed reviews about them. I had a friend in MD whose husband was a chiropractor. And I had a friend who had some success with chiropractors. I also had a friend who got relief for his fibromyalgia through acupuncture. It's not a cure but the treatment gave him relief for some time, and then he would return for another treatment.

    I started Downton Abbey yesterday. My D-I-L set up their Amazon Prime on our television so we could use it, too. Amazon owns the rights to Downton Abbey episodes, and I've been thinking of watching it ever since she set up the Amazon. I can't believe I started it just as you finished it. I'm looking forward to it. I've only seen the first episode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy,

    Thanks for the mention in your post! Both of your sweet comments made me smile and feel special. You are funny and witty with a good sense of humor. We had a beautiful, warm day here in Chicago yesterday, and I was wishing this weather would come your way soon. I am not only sending you beautiful weather but lots of greetings. Among them are good health, and I hope you are feeling better today and that your back pain is gone. For now, have yourself a great day, Judy. Spring is just around the corner!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete