title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, May 26, 2014

Tuesday--I Think

Today's high temperature was:  82
Muggy
A small shower this evening
==================================

Bella--I have a bone to pick with you (that's a weird saying, isn't it?)--anyway, I started reading "The Age of Miracles" last evening.  You are right.  2:00 a.m. and I finally made myself put it down and go to bed.  WOW!!  It is a fascinating read!!
=====================
Last Friday was Maddie's last day of school.  Most of the Seniors last day of school--if they had a certain GPA, they didn't have to take final exams.

This is a picture of the Maddie plays in--the Wind Ensemble.  The band director is going to lose her entire Horn section.

Matt is laying down and lookie who is sitting right beside him.  Apparently they are still liking each other. :-)


Sadly, I did not get to the Memorial Day parade uptown.  I would have had to park and walk
at least five blocks and there is no way I could.
            but pictures were posted on Face Book.


There's Maddie--down at the end


Matt, bringing the band to Attention!





...and you want to know how seriously
he takes his Drum Major job?
It is up to him to control all
250 kids in the marching band. 
He never smiles when he is on duty.
Oh--I love this boy!!!



It is a strange pose,
Maddie, stretching for ballet practice.
Her last ballet recital is this Saturday.
I think she might have long legs like Gramma?



...and this is Pure Michigan!
Lake Superior, still filled with ice, while people sun bathe on the beach.
Ah-hh, da Yoopers are weird!
========================================

<if you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know.  
There is no need to use names here>
They have left their church.  Apparently the head minister has been involved in something suspicious, or corrupt or.......

They have also found that the church school was using an old way of testing the children, (Iowa testing) so their grades and GPA's were inflated.  Many teacher's left and now a lot of classes are taught by mother's.  Many families have pulled their children from the school and have also left the church.

The influential families that were paying for the schooling, the wealthy families are leaving in droves, so....the future doesn't look good.

To me this is a real tragedy.  To realize after all this time that you thought your child was getting a superior education only to find out, they are far behind other children their age.  How are they ever to catch up in public school.  

The kids are thrilled to be going to public school this next fall.  Their classes, especially this last year, have been chaotic to say the least.  There has been a large influx of troubled children enrolled.  Children that other schools had refused to take because they needed a different, special atmosphere--for the Autistic, or the developmentally challenged, or emotionally troubled.  

There has been much sadness and shocking news to the family that had embedded themselves and their money and time in the church and school.  As the Mother said, "We have been drinking the Kool-Aid for five years and now we find...it was poisoned all along."

For the fifth time in 14 years, the parents had thought to move and the father to go to work for his father.  The Grandfather is very wealthy.  He has many offices and he has wanted his son to take over the business, but...he won't release his hold. He won't allow his son to come in with new ways of treatment.  Ways that are more modern and have proved to be better.  He still wants control.

Each time, the son has realized this and in the end, decided to stay where he was.  The Grandfather took the son and two of his children on spring vacation to Aruba, where he had long talks with the son.  Promising the son many things.  The son thought, perhaps this time, his father was ready.  He and the Mother thought to move.

Two weeks ago, the Grandfather has started reneging on his promises.  Salary pay was lowered.  Control was back in his favor, so the Father and Mother decided to keep their family here.  With their eldest son starting high school next fall, they wanted to be in a permanent location so as not to disturb the children during their school years.  So here they will stay.

Because the children will be going to public school, the Mother may not have to work such long hours to pay for tuition at a private school--this is a good thing!!

The Mother and her older sister had a long talk last week.  They were in the home alone, so they had a lot of time to talk uninterrupted.

The older sister mentioned, "This minister that you now find out is mentally unstable, is the same one that told you not to forgive your Mom.  That "honor thy Mother," did not come into play." 

The Mother, nodded her head and said, "It probably would be a good idea if I made up with Mom."

The sister agreed. 





8 comments:

  1. Judy, I knew right where you were going with this post and I just burst in to tears as I got to the end. My heart is with you for a long over-due resolution. What a sad situation .
    The Lake Superior photo is hilarious.....takes a long time for all that ice to move on out.
    The water at our beaches is still very cold, in fact the air is cold here, too. Heat is running at my house this morning....very cold.
    Nothing like a good book to keep one up all night. I've done that so many times, even knowing the alarm would go off at 5 am!
    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers for God to grab hold of hearts and minds and truth prevail. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First: You probably know another Bella. I didn't read that book. :)
    Second: Wow! I mean WOW!!! This sounds very promising. Fingers crossed for the two of you.
    Third: That photo of Lake Superior? Wow! Just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying it happens. I really think it will, and oh what a day of rejoicing that will be!

    Love the pics, and yes I'd say Maddie has your long legs! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read "Age of Miracles" awhile ago and I loved it!

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed regarding those nameless people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm betting the mother of woman in the story above is going have a great summer ahead now that her daughter's Kool-Aid drinking binge has ended. Whatever happens this must be a tremendous weight lifted off the mother's shoulders. LOL

    This trick might work for you when it comes to going to parades and things that would require a lot of walking. I go to large events about an hour and a half early, before the close up parking spaces are all filled. I either have a meal on sight, bring a book or a whatever to pass the extra time. I'd be sitting at home, so I just sit in a change of scenery before the event starts. I started this back when my husband became wheel chair bound so it's been working for me for 14 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well--crud! I am losing my memory. Someone posted on their blog that they read the book and couldn't put it down. Was reading while they were cooking supper and ignoring hubby and all that good stuff. Well--it is a great book!!! You oughta read it Bella. Marla, it is good, isn't it? and--thanks to all for the prayers--I knew you would all know what I was posting about. I have prayed every night for this and.........

    ReplyDelete