title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, May 22, 2019


WOW!!

PT today, more stretches and leg strengthening. At the end, he asked to see how fast I could walk to the end of the building. As I was walking faster and faster, it occurred to me, "I wonder if I can run." It's been many years since I've been able to run.

As I neared the end of the walkway, I turned around and started jogging back toward him. At first I felt like Frankenstein, glumping along, unsteady and weaving from side to side--then my steps became more regular and smoother.

The shocked look on his face, as I jogged faster. I'm sure he thought, "this old woman is going to fall and break a hip."

Meanwhile I am yelling, "I can run! I can run!"

When I left there, I walked really fast to my car and there was no pain in my back!

This weekend will be the real test. I will be walking a lot, and standing a lot.
I report back to PT next Wednesday. The way my back feels, I think it may be my last session.

YOWSA. I feel great!

6 comments:

  1. HOORAY for you! Wowza, running???? I can barely get myself to walk ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I haven't run in years either so I know how much of an accomplishment this was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl. I'm happy these days to walk without falling. Sometimes, I'll be walking and then my feet start backing up. Weird, I know.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is amazing. Sounds like PT was the perfect thing for you! Those therapists are miracle workers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep doing those exercises! I just heard that if you regularly exercise and miss 3 straight days you can set yourself back to square one. Movement is the best weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My client been using a cane and had nerve simulator put in and the other day he tried running.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete