title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, May 4, 2019

I promised myself that I would start posting more on here.  I can't believe it's been a whole week.  I blab too much on FB and should save those posts and put them on here instead.
============
There has been a lot of rain and consequently a lot of flooding in the Detroit area.  Big cities are covered in concrete so there is nothing to absorb large amounts of rain and it just builds up.  Plus, there is Lake Erie nearby and the St. Clair river.  People love to live on the water, until an easterly wind drives it into their homes.  
===============
Today, it is sunny.  My Tulips have opened up.  The Daffodils are still being daffy.  Orioles, Grosbeak and Red-winged Blackbirds are back at the feeders.  I put my Hummingbird feeder up, but have not seen any.  They usually come rolling around May 15th, but can be earlier.




My lawn is rich and green and covered in beautiful sunny, yellow Dandelion blossoms.  When I was a kid, our house was quite a ways back from the road.  The front lawn went from house to road.  In the spring, that long lawn was covered with Dandelions and my Mother thought it was the most beautiful "garden".  Perhaps that is why I love Dandelions?
=================
I am finishing up a genealogy that I started the beginning of April.  It has been so interesting.  Research shows great grandfather's fighting in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.  Being captured by Indians in the French Indian War.  

You can always tell in a genealogy if the father went off to fight.  On the family group page, there will be one or two children born, than a gap of a few years, then six or seven more children born.

I've often wondered why there are no soldiers on my father's side of the family.  I know none of them would have enlisted on their own, but............................I can't remember their dates right now, but maybe they were lucky enough to be either too young or too old to be drafted.

My Daddy was just the right age for WWII, but he got a deferment because of a heart murmur and his father was ill, so he had two farms to take care of.  He wouldn't have wanted to go anyway.
=====================
Did I show you the pillow front for Della's pillow I finished?

I also crocheted and stuffed a dog that looks kind of like their dog.

I think I will give her the dog the next time I see her and wait on the pillow until baby brother is born and I get to see him.

Most people rush in to see the new baby.  I've never done that.  I always talk to the older sibling(s) for awhile and then ask them if I can see their new baby.  There is so much attention given to the baby and I don't want the older child to feel they are kind of overlooked.
================
Now I am working on the worded Baby Boy blanket for the new baby boy--arriving in July, and also started x-stitching the wedding shower gift for my grandson Stephen, who is getting married NEXT June.  I won't be in crunch time for this one!!! (like I was with Maddie's.)
 I'm doing this in blue.  The pattern was free!!

==================
As for physical therapy--after 3 weeks, my back felt good.  But...after the Wednesday treatment, it feels worse than it did when we began.  My last session is Monday and then Wednesday, back to the Physiatrist to see what he'll do next.

I wish he'd give me another week of Prednisone, so I could work on picking up sticks and working in my gardens with no pain, but I am sure he won't.

11 comments:

  1. The dog you crocheted is very cute, and I like how you don't rush to see a new baby but talk to the siblings first. That is a lovely x-stitch you show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crocheted dog, those always make me wish I could crochet.

    Now days the siblings of newborns aren't as neglected as they once were. They have big sister/brother t-shirts, cards, hats and people bring them gifts.

    Love your birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure keep yourself busy. I guess my artistic talent is making my computer do what I want. Good job on all.

    Sorry your back is still giving you pain. Chronic pain sucks. I think I would take up marijuana/CBD when it's my turn. Next week is annual physical, ladie's exam and two birthday lunches! Yay me. Weather is turning HOT but no word of when the pool opens.

    Keep on blogging on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little dog is really cute. Della will be pleased. Della is not a name you hear much now a days. My mother had a cousin Della, married to John. They often travelled through California and would stop to visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am jealous of your beautiful birds judy, i don't see those at my feeders!! you are so talented with your handmade items, you seem to finish things very quickly!!

    and a kind way to approach children and a baby, i will have to remember that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you would try to post every few days! I get a bit worried not seeing a post. I figure you are deep in an ancestry though, and Ed and I still talk back and forth about the one you made for us and we are so pleased with it. It's so odd that my hubby's and my own family, (our father's sides), just go nowhere! I'm trying to gather as many pictures as I've got ID'd , and somehow add them to our book. Maybe just manila envelopes with sheets that I have printed pictures on, it'll be something else! Love you, girl. Hope PT gets you straightened out. You've got blankets to make, and the little dog was precious! Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm away for a while and Maddie's married? ok, it's been two years.

    Jeez. What did they do to you, at physical therapy. I had something like that this winter. Scared me, because I thought I'd done permanent damage. All because I lifted a few potted plants.

    The gal treating it told me to take three Advil twice a day for a while, to get the inflammation down. Took this high dosage for six weeks, way too long. But the inflammation did go away, and my stomach recovered with probiotics.

    Prayers for PT to help you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a little comfort before the pain returned. I'm in the exact shape you are in. My knee is now in vastly worse shape, but I'm pressing on. This wearing out stuff requires a lot of humor to survive. Hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stuffed dog is adorable. She'll love it.
    The humming birds are ignoring my food, too. I know they're around here but sometimes they're picky. Then I'll change their sugar water and they'll be all over it.
    Sorry the PT isn't working. I was hoping it would.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We live along the St Clair River and our dock currently is at water level. A bit South of us folks are sandbagging to save their homes. Found your blog via Acorn Hollow. Janice

    ReplyDelete