title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, May 9, 2019

My PT on this past Monday seemed to really help.  I woke up  Tuesday morning with hardly any pain.  Of course it got a bit worse as I walked through the day, but all in all....I was pretty happy.

Back to the Physiatrist on Wednesday--he checked me out and recommended 4 more weeks of PT AND he prescribed another pack of Prednisone.  I LOVE Prednisone.  While I am on it, I have no pain, no where and my attitude is way up there.  It makes me feel so good.

He said that sometimes the Prednisone, will help for longer than it is taken.  That it knocks out the inflammation and...since he noticed the inflammation is down--he is hoping this might really help.  Back to him in six weeks.  I gotta call and get my PT started back up.

All I want is to be able to walk up that aisle at Maddie's wedding and not be screaming in pain!
=====================
Speaking of Maddie, she graduated Nursing School last week with a 4.0= A.  She is working at a large hospital in this area--the same one Fred was always in, and she has already been hired full-time by them.

How long will that last?  She gets married on May 25th and I figured she'll be pregnant by May 31st.  HAH!  She and her "to-be" are both virgins and in their marriage are not going to ever use any form of birth control.  YIKES!
=================
Jennifer was in the area, from New Jersey, here on business.  Since that was the case, she and Karen and Maddie took me to supper at Outback.

I haven't seen Jen in nearly a year, still, when we hugged, I noticed she kind of held back.  When Karen hugs me, it is full on with a full kiss on the mouth.  Jen sort of hugs me lightly and an air kiss directed somewhere near my cheek.

Oh well, it is as it is and at least she is cordial and talkative.


That old woman in the back-center is me.  I look like the Wreck of the Hesperes!!  Trying to let my hair grow out a bit for the wedding.  I can't wait until I can get it cut waaaaaaaay short again in June!
============================
This morning, I woke up at 7:45.  Unheard of for me.  I had a terrific pain in between my shoulder blades, into my left shoulder.  I, of course, assumed I was having a heart attack or AFib, so I clipped my Pulse-Ox on my finger and my heart rate was steady at 61.

It may have been I slept wrong?  Then I had a bout of diarrhea and a lot of burping, so it probably was from the French Onion soup I ate at supper...because after all that, the pain disappeared.  Can gas build up that high in your back?
==============
I went to the Old School Gal Pals luncheon today.  It's the first time I've been in 5 months.  We had a good chat.  I wasn't really feeling all that well, so was glad to get home.  I sat down in my recliner at 5:00 and woke up at 7:00.

Like the saying, "I guess I really needed the nap."

12 comments:

  1. I'm not a lip kisser with family either because I don't like sharing germs. Maybe that's all Jen is doing with the air kisses.

    Half the people I know have been talking about having diarrhea. It seems to be going around, but, yes, gas pain can go up that high. Glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen and Pammie are my lip kissers. They always have been. I don't have anyone else that does. My little sister and I never kiss and rarely hug. I find that kind of strange. We just never have.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I too have two hour naps. Love group in that photo. That are some wonderful smiles there. :) You do sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely take an afternoon nap because I sleep in late in the morning and, sometimes, those naps make me groggy for the rest of the day. Yesterday, it wasn't planned. I sat down to watch TV and woke up 2 hours later. It sort of stunned me. LOL

      Delete
  3. Maddie's getting married any day now. Cool! No comment about her future sex life. lol

    And you do NOT look like the wreck of the Hesperes. You are beautiful. I am SO glad the PT is helping again. We need all the babying we can get just to keep functioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of help IS needed just to function. LOL
      I made a list of things I have to do and am exhausted just from looking at it.
      Is your house finished?

      Delete
    2. No! Coming down the home stretch, though, with more time on my hands.

      My goodness, Judy, the learning curve was steep, steeper than I ever imagined. In order to stay true to my vision I had to learn enough to advocate for my vision, down to the tiniest details.

      The general contractor has for the most part been supportive. Only tension is over money. No money leaves my fist until I have triple checked his charges. Please let this be over!!!

      Delete
  4. Good to hear from you! I guess maybe you had a fart attack?

    I like your hair a little longer. Hopefully some can help you for the wedding? Just a bit of mousse, curling iron and hair spray. Maybe a small flower in your hair?

    You look happy and healthy (all things considered) and keep up with the PT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh JB. If I wore a flower in my hair, everyone would think I had totally and finally gone over the edge. LOL
    Right now I'm worrying about finding comfortable shoes for the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shoes from last wedding? Have so much fun!

      Delete
    2. Last wedding shoes were 15 years old, falling apart and heels, hurt my feet and back. Going looking for some flats.

      Delete
  6. virgins??? no birth control, ever?? oh boy, no further comment!!

    i hope you continue to feel better. are you feeling better?? i got a little confused!!

    ReplyDelete