title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sometimes my life is so strange, I just have to laugh.

I had my flower money all tucked away and the list made out and calculated. $70.00.

I had to go to Walmart to pick up a prescription, which was no charge today. I looked through their garden center, it was a mess, but I did find a beleaguered geranium which should come to life once I get it planted and I got some bird seed because I am all out. $19.82

Then over to Lowes where I found two beautiful tomato plants, and red impatiens. I bought a hanging basket of yellow petunias because I can pull that apart and it cost less than buying single ones. Found some white ones on sale to--they are near death, but I think they will come back when I dead head them. $45.93
I got 4 dollars and 25 cents back.


Then over to Meijer because I have been out of milk, bread, butter, cereal, jam and fruit for over a week.
My food assistance--($16.00) was good on the 21st and I had 4 dollars and 25 cents.


I got what I needed and up to pay. Swiped my Bridge card and the rest of the bill was $3.89. I handed her the 4.00 left from my flower purchase and...................
I GOT CHANGE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!


i have lees than a quarter tank of gas and two necessary trips to Brighton next week.

I have $4.45 in my checking account, but all the bills for May are paid.

I laughed half the way home.

It's hysterical the way I live, but everything is great!

4 comments:

  1. I used to live just like that. When my checking account got that low, I would take the bus. I took the bus a lot and laughed about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the wedding tomorrow? I know you must be so excited for Maddie and her soon to be husband. I feel like I know your kids and grand's. Hope when you get some photos after the wedding, you'll share. I know she's going to be a beautiful bride.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all works out, doesn't it? God amazes me all the time that way. Reminds me of the widow with her oil and flour.

    ReplyDelete