title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 6, 2017

Time change--Life the same

I had a neat blog to post on Friday.  However blogger and I had a fight and he wouldn't let me post any photos and half the post was in a different font and color--quite on it's own.  After 90 minutes, I just gave up.

Nothing much happening around here anyway.

I woke up on my own--which is usually 9:00, but the clock said 8:00.  It made me smile.  At least today, I didn't feel like a lay-a-bed, lazy bum.  LOL.

I saw the ambulance go passed and sure enough, it stopped at Merle and Pearl's.  She had fallen again and because she is so heavy, Merle can't lift her, so they just call the ambulance people.  They don't get charged for it--I imagine their insurance company does however. I wonder how long they will let this 2-3 times a month calls be made.
=============
Michigan State beat Penn State in the last few seconds with a field goal.  I never thought that would happened and had reconciled myself to Michigan State getting beat.  Penn State is like my second favorite BIG Ten college and the first of the season, I thought they would win it all.  They still may, as they will be in the playoffs.  

This Saturday we play Ohio State and there is no way we can win that one.  We have a true Freshman quarter back, but he has been doing great.
==========

Sunday, my grand daughter Susanna, from Portland, OR, ran in the New York marathon.  Apparently there was a way to watch her run--Karen had texted the others kids on how to do that.  I was left out of that  message.  It's almost like the kids don't remember that those lovely smart phones that they text with can also be used to make phone calls.
=============
The news from Sutherland, Texas just makes me sick.  It is a small town, just like my hometown of Byron--about 700 population.  I could just imagine some mad man walking into one of our two churches and blasting away.  Our sanctuaries are small--it's amazing that all the congregants weren't killed.

He was going after his mother-in-law who goes to church there, but happened not to go on Sunday.

Apparently the gun laws we have in place aren't being obeyed, as he had no license, had been court martialed and arrested for abuse.  The Air Force said they had "forgotten" to put him on the list to not to able to own a gun.  So when the "sellers" checked his background references, there was nothing there to keep him from buying.
=============
I got a nice e-mail from a lady who wants her husband's genealogy done.  I am happy and excited!  You know how obsessed I get over doing a genealogy.  I spent 4 hours today digging.  I think it's going to be difficult, because a lot of the records I want come from "across the big water" and they are very difficult to get, but.......................dig I shall until I run into that brick wall.   Hopefully I can find some things to fill in the blank areas they have.
============
I did get my water heater drained--really good.  Still a bit of small pieces of lime and calcium in there, but not like before AND I got all the rust out of the bottom.   My sister Susan and her hubs, came down and put the plastic up on my back door for me.  This year, I didn't pack it with pink insulation, we just used a heavy duty plastic.  That way, I could leave my blinds partly open and the afternoon light still comes in through the plastic.
=============
Tomorrow, I go back for my lung CAT scan--to check and see if there are any changes from when I had it done back in February.  This is a free one from Medicare that is available ONCE, to check for cancer, to ex smokers between the ages of 50 and 77.  Mine came back in February with notice of a tiny nodule in my lower right.  Because of that, I can get another one in six months.  Simple, takes about 10 minutes, no contrast.  I will be anxious to see if the nodule is still there, has grown, or has shrunk.  Sometimes they appear and six months later are gone.

Other than that and my lunch with the Old School Gal Pals on Thursday, my week is free and you  know where I'll be..............on this computer with my nose stuck in old census records, passenger lists, death notices and grave yards.

9 comments:

  1. Bloggers was giving me fits on Friday, too. Someone else was also complaining about it. I hate when that happens!

    I didn't think anyone gets charged when you fall and the fire department comes pick you up. It's a community service, tax payer funded because the guys gotta be on call anyway. I had to use it for my husband a few times and his niece with MS used it a lot. I think if you over use it, they will send someone from the health department out to evaluate if you should be living alone or not.

    I have to admit that I like texting and understand completely why younger people like it better than calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger issues is why I rarely post anymore. Not sure why, after so many years of being great, this happens.
    Sad to hear about Pearl...and it must be a burden in so many ways for Merle.
    Thank you for your kind comments on my last post. It all continues to be a work in progress. Some days I barely move, other days, like today, I am full of energy and seeming to be back to myself. TIME.
    Good luck with your project, and how nice you are ready for winter! Love to you, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing your post
    when waking this morning
    was going to email you
    Happy to see this post. A special cousin did all of my
    genealogy, Big file - so pleased and children always l the looking through the file.
    Same problem with blogger about 10 days ago and also was going
    to stop and I love to write :) It cleared up on its own.
    I have called 9ll - 3 time through local fire department and always a $100 charge. On texting this one needs a new phone and to learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that you got a genealogy to do. I know you were praying for that. I hope the test comes back wonderful. We are seeing some fall color at last, and it's about to turn off cool. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Judy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Texas shooting is just devastating. Happened same day as an injury to my grandson ( football ) so I was aware of it but reading more about it today. Horrific! Sick, sick sick person...with more details coming out and still able to purchase guns :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound (read) so much happier when you have a PROJECT!!! Genealogy. Congrats! And lucky recipient I might add.

    Man ... I have read about you cleaning out your hot water tank so many times ... I've never had mine done! Maybe I should call a plumber ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never can be sure of the outcome no matter how good the teams when Mich. teams and Ohio State play as they often upset each other. Glad to hear you got a genealogy order — had fwded your info to some family/friends but don’t know if any decided to contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you got "stuff" going on....

    i too have had trouble with blogger - blogger usually wins!!

    i too have been passing your information on to people, when they talk about wanting genealogy work done. i'm so happy you got the one job, that will really help you out going forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids should get together and buy a smart phone for you for Christmas. They are not all expensive. Congrats on the ancestry job. I know that made you happy.
    What's up with Blogger? They must be doing updates. I dunno.

    ReplyDelete