title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

It's a good day..........

Cool/cold, but the sun shines.

27 degrees when I woke up this morning.
Yesterday, Don the Lawn Mowing Man came by and for two hours, raked up every single leaf on me and my neighbors yards.  I have 8 yard waste bags stuffed.

This morning, when I looked out--it was raining leaves!  That freeze and a little breeze must have sent a signal to my Maple trees to shake off their leaves.  There is as much in the drive and on the lawn as there was yesterday morning when Don started.  LOL

The genealogy is coming along nicely.  I didn't get back as far as I wanted, because on the Paternal side, they are fairly recent immigrants--70 years.  The records I would have to access are from a country that is in much upheaval, so the records are inaccessible.  POOP!!  I need to learn how to hack archival records in foreign countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe how fast time goes when I have my nose buried deep in genealogical research.  It is so interesting and I am skipping from one record to another, printing them out to scan later.  I heard the cuckoo clock tell me it was noon today and I looked up and couldn't believe it.

This afternoon, I ran up to Howell and got my yearly oil change.  Since I only drive about 2,500 miles a year, they told me once a year oil change would be enough.  The old oil wasn't even dirty!!  Got all the fluid tanks filled, the tires checked and inflated.  Got $7.00 off the price.

Then I bopped over to the next door car wash, ordered up the super-dooper, wash, under carriage and all that and got a $1.50 discount on that.

Drove on up to the bank to deposit a gift I received, and then home.  All in one hour.

I parked my car on the other side of the drive so that empty space could fill up with leaves.
Sorry--wanted to insert a photo, but blogger won't let me.

Tonight, Salmon patties for supper and then watch Survivor and cross stitch.

I got all my nylon net scrubbies and dish cloths done for my 13 people.  I could start my spaghetti sauce project now, but I think I will wait until after Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow--lunch with the Old School Gal Pals.  Forecast of snow squalls.  YIKES.


15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Wednesday. Can't believe the deal you got on an oil change and car wash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far here, not a leaf has been touched. At this rate, I wonder if any will be. Actually, not all that many leaves have fallen though. (Especially if you don't look for them.)

    Our front yard is mostly weeds anyway. We don't "feed" it. Weeds are green. They don't mind leaves on top. ,-)

    Some leaves don't seem to bother little back yard either. It is grass!!!

    Years ago, our son-in-law redid all 3 of our yards, on this street. We bought, he did the laying of sod. I would not let him touch my little back yard.

    Needless to say, my little back yard, is still green with grass. All 3 front yards "died" over time. Smart me! ,-)

    Excellent deals on your car stuff!!!!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nice dandelion base for my lawn. LOL
      Pretty when the bloom and then green the rest of summer.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you really drive few miles. I get my car serviced about every 5 months, with fewer than 3,000 miles each time, but with all the dirt and dust here, I want to get clean oil and have all the systems checked.

    The ac has to be serviced once a year. Hoses and other rubber pieces wear out and have to be replaced, too. Our mechanic tells me when I will need a battery or new tires. The last service in August I had to have some gaskets replaced. I will have it serviced again in January and will get new windshield wipers.

    Do you have snow tires or chains for driving in the snow? I wouldn't have a clue how to drive in snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No special tires needed here. My family out on the farms use them, but here, the salt trucks are out before the snow puts one flake on the road. They keep the roads very clear.

      Delete
    2. That's good. Nice to live in a place that does that.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a good day!
    I can't remember when I've bopped anywhere, but I remember being able to. Wish I had appreciated it like I should have! Good health is everything!

    We've only had one frost here in VA, but early Friday morning is supposed to bring temps down to the mid-20s. I love fall and winter, so I can usually take it. We had a really mild winter last year---I'd like to see a bit of snow!
    Wanted to tell you David's been on just one round (4 shots) of Humira a little over a month, and it has helped a lot! He's grown both in inches and weight, and he looks and sounds really good. We're thanking everyone who has been praying for him, and wanted to say thanks again!
    xo's
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still beautiful around here, but we've had rain for a couple of days, and a lot of the leaves dropped. Congrats on you great deals. Don't you just love when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful to have a hobby you love so much, that you just lose track of time. Be careful tomorrow driving. Sometimes people get wacky and forget how to drive when it first starts to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your enthusiasm about your genealogy work, i'm glad you have a new job. i watch survivor too, i just love that show - i'm not sure why!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a productive day! Good for you. Yesterday we had a true fall day: Highs in the low fifties, with persistent (if not particularly heavy) rain. Of COURSE, instead of staying home with candles lit and lamplight and enjoying the sound of rain on the roof, I had to be out in it all afternoon. But I got some things done too. Today the sun is shining brightly and the high should be about 65. I'm so happy that you're enjoying doing a genealogy. Blogger had better let you post pictures of your gal pals lunch, and of the snow. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. we had our first snow today as well! :) THRILLED the grand kids.

    ReplyDelete