title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

65 degrees today

Yard waste pick-up came by this morning, around 9:00.  The guy picked up my small bundle of sticks, by the string handle I had made, and they held together while he threw them into the back of the truck.  Done with all that until next spring.  Now all I have to do is pay the lawn mowing/leaf raking guy.  That may take two payments--half this month and half next.

I hung my evergreen, decorated wreath on the front door.  That may be the extent of my Christmas decorating this year.  I am just not in the mood.  Do you remember last year.  I posted a photo of the 452,000 boxes of decorations sitting all over my living room, as I was putting stuff out.  It takes me a week!  

My sister decorates 4 trees and this year, she bought three more, because they were on sale.  We will have our Christmas at her house this year, so I can get my fill of all the "pretties", without breaking my back.

No one ever comes to visit to see MY "pretties", plus, I spend Christmas Day alone, which is usually the day I put all the decorations away,  so.....

Maybe I will put my Thomas Kincaid lighted tree on my kitchen table and call it good.
=============
The Christmas cards are done and in their envelopes, oh yes, and stamped.  I will mail them out around the 11th most probably.  Plus, I need to find 4 crisp and clean $10.00 bills to put in Jen's kids cards.  They will not be here for Christmas--for the 3rd year in a row. :-(

6 comments:

  1. It was 65 here today too. I actually washed my outside Windows. Oh, and I wrapped some presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finished with the decorations. H put a couple of garlands wrapped in lights down the railings on the front steps yesterday, and wants to wrap the lamp post with some today. I had a friend who used to decorate several trees. That's not for me. I enjoy the decorations, and I put some effort into them, but I have a limit. Know what I mean? I say, everyone should do what they feel comfortable with, and that can change from year to year. I haven't started my Christmas cards yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand
    All done in the past is no more.
    Card sending even finished.
    It all happens with time.
    But it is alright.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the 2nd new post, which I had not seen. Grrrr... Sometimes, it seems as if my Blogger showing new posts Gadget doesn't show all new posts. But it's random. I'll see new posts, then old posts, then new posts. -sigh- I'm just going to have to check each one.

    Like everything else, it seems best to do our seasonal decorating, as it feels good, to us. Why not?

    Your lighted ceramic tree sounds as if it would be just right. You have an open floor plan, and can see it, when in your living room. Start with that, and who knows, maybe you'll want a couple of more things....

    But lugging "485" decoration boxes in and out, does not sound like a good thing, that's for sure.

    Your sister.... 7 Christmas trees! Oh mercy! -grin-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got my little tree decorated; kind of a Charlie brown, but the kids love it. :)

    No card sending this year, I say now. But, who knows?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little ceramic tree is just right! And if the mood takes you, you can put up any of the other things that bring you joy. It IS a lot of work. I can't remember how I worked full time and did it all. I had a collection of Christmas music snow globes ... eventually had enough to have one on each stair step! The Christmas Village. At least two trees. Bathrooms and kitchen. And something small in our bedrooms. You're right! It takes a week to set everything up and another week to take it all down!

    I'm still into baking cookies and making Chex Mix though!

    ReplyDelete