title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, August 21, 2017

Wondrous

What a nice weekend I had.  For the first time, I got to meet, in person, a blog buddy.  I was kind of nervous.  We have our own perception of what the people are like, from reading their blogs. Meeting them in person might show us that they are entirely different.  I was afraid I might disappoint her.

SHE was exactly like I thought she would be.  Jenny Webber.   http://www.jennyweber.com/

I had seen photos of her and her family and I once commented that if I ever met her handsome husband, I'd probably fall into a faint at his feet.

Well, I managed to stay upright, but YOWZA!!  He is 6'5" tall, trim, strong jaw, tanned, steel gray hair, wonderful smile--he reminded me of Fred.

Jenny is a tiny little thing--a foot shorter than her husband.  Full of energy.  I adored her immediately.

She came in with a bag of goodies for me, snacks and apples and Raspberry preserves, my favorite Cheerio's, French Toast bread, that is delish and...and--a 6-pack of Diet Pepsi.  

It was like talking to an old friend.  We knew of each other's children, her son Andrew serving another deployment and I have been praying for him for over a year.  We chatted about them and our backgrounds.  We agreed on how much we are sadden by and dislike the current issues in our society.

She and her husband are about the age of my kids, I would guess and so, I felt like I had visited with family.
==========
They had driven up from South Carolina to Toledo, Ohio to visit family.  Then drove on up from Toledo to Lansing, MI to visit another blog buddy.  Well on the way from Toledo to Lansing runs the expressway that is just a mile from my place.
==============

Before they left, her husband gave me a little booklet that is about their church.  He told me they have a live stream of Sunday morning services.

On Sunday morning, I got up and went on the website at 11:00 and watched live.  It was the coolest thing!!!  He had explained it was a small church with only about 500 members.

Little?  That's a Mega church to me.  My church has about 120 people in attendance on a Sunday Traditional service.

I have never "attended" a Southern Baptist church service, but I knew every hymn they had and sang along.  The preacher was more spirited than our Methodist preachers get, but he reminded me of how my Grandpa preached in the 40's and 50's.  

He'd get to shouting and then his voice would get real low and soft.  I could tell, this man was filled with the spirit.  There would be no "sleepers" in his congregation.  LOL

His message was strong and true.  Cast your cares on God.  Trust in Jesus.  As God was, He will always be.  Standing on the promises of God, the same now as they've always been.

I will watch again next Sunday morning.
================
Jennifer, I know you are reading this and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping in.  It was my privilege to have you and Greg visit me, in my wee home.  Next time you are up this way, leave enough time for a visit to The Farm. 

May our God continue to bless you and your family!!

XX OO

14 comments:

  1. ooooh how wonderful!! i am so happy for you judy, that it all went so well. she brought you love and some nice goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, it was Jenny who came to visit!!!! So happy to hear that she is as cool a gal, as she sounds on her blog. Love her!!!!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now.... You will please go back to your 'Calm Down' post, and read my today's comment. Please and thank you.

    You really don't want me to explode, from curiosity, do you? Do you? Do you? If I do, I'll leave instructions, to send pics of the explosion, to you! >,-)))))

    Happy Eclipse day!

    Sushhhhhh...... Don't tell..... But I want to pop a bottle of "bubbly," when it is over. To celebrate! I am a wee bit sick of all the hype.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! So happy for you and Jenny; Greg of course. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special!! She's become a wonderful friend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that you got to meet and spend time together and your description of them made me smile as when I was a kid we'd spend time with an Uncle and Aunt and their kids on occasion, and he was well over 6 feet and she was a tiny little thing, barely coming to his chest level if that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I've met a few people who read my blog, narrowly missed another, and it is such a small world. Keep on blogging on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you could enjoy meeting and visiting with some blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our social media sure expands our world, doesn't it? It's especially nice to meet a fellow blogger who is just the same in real life as they are "on paper."

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting visit! How fun to meet in person. What a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was just as much a treat for Greg and me as for you. He stands only six foot four but, who's counting? Haahaaha and anyone who describes me as a tiny little thing is a friend for life. Also just for clarification: our church is not Southern Baptist. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Gantt Street an independent baptist church. Our pastor is certainly a spirit-filled man, though, and I know he would be humbled to hear that you joined us by means of internet and enjoyed the service. I will sure tell him and we do hope you'll "come and be with" us any time you are so inclined. Isn't technology amazing?

    Your little home is exactly the comfy haven I expected it to be, and I will never forget the sand cranes we saw in your neighborhood, and the sweet breeze coming in your wide, tall windows, and the tinkling of the wind chime outside. It was a lovely day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew when I typed "Southern" Baptist, I was wrong. Southern Baptist churches are quite different. I enjoyed it anyway and will be back this Sunday. Love to Greg and you

      Delete
  12. Hey Judy, (I'm a Southern Baptist, by the way!) Ours is one out in the country, I think they're up to, 40+ ----that's with about 14 kids who enjoyed Bible School and Christmas plays, too. There was one 3-year-old, towheaded boy when we started going.(about 5 years ago.), now we have a "group" of kids of all ages.
    I'm so glad you met a blogging friend and that youall had a good time.
    You've gotten past your "bored" place, I'm happy to see!

    xo's!

    ReplyDelete