title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Interesting Day

My oldest grandson, Marcus, messaged me last night at 11:15--this photo.  He and Morgan just engaged and wanted me to be the first to know.  Made my heart glad--the first to know.

Morgan is the girl I was telling you about that dances ballet and raises and shows hogs at the fairs.
A farm girl, after my own heart and a little tiny thing.


This is the baby quilt I had set aside for them. 
===============================================

 This morning at 9:30, the guys arrived to tell me I had to move my car as they were going to start taking up the cement in my driveway in 10-15 minutes.  I was still in my jammies, but I scurried about and moved it out back, near my shed.


 At 3:30 they were back.

Watch video here.


and when they took up that big chunk, I yelled, "WATCH OUT THERE'S A BEES NEST!"

Watch video here:


Look at the amazing tunnels those ground bees have made!!

The guys said they'd come back tomorrow to finish up.  Hope the bees have a new home.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely about being told first! Yes!!! Remember this, when times come along, and you get to feeling "blue." :-)

    Mud bees!!!!!!

    You went down there, to film?!?!?

    Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus and Morgan, look how cute they are! Congratulations to them, and you for being the first to know.

    I read about the driveway on FB. A mess, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really sweet when you get to be the first to know. I had the same thing when my great-nephew knew he and his wife were having the boy I wanted.

    The bees nest is nasty! And scary, enough bees to kill a person. What did they do about them so they don't swamp to another place in the park?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could watch a forklift all day long. Mesmerizing.
    What a cute couple Marcus and Morgan make. So sweet that they wanted you to be the first to know.
    That video of the bees is really something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your grandson. They make a cute couple. What an honor to be the first to know. They must think an awful lot for you. Ok, I consider myself somewhat savvy when it comes to the outdoors, but I have never seen or heard of ground bees. I actually had to google it. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew about Ground Wasps--holes in the lawn, with the nest below. My grandson got bit several times when he decided to poke sticks down a hole he had found. I just never knew bees did that. They are like bumble bees. I had seen the hole several weeks ago, but didn't try to flood them out with water. Like I told the guy this morning, when he came back to spray, "Better a nest of bees, than snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS to the newly engaged! They look so young ... and adorable.

    This whole driveway/bee project is very very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Our condo had a huge hive of honey bees ... a bee scientist came, plucked the Queen from her throne and put her in a little cage. He put the cage in his enclosed truck and within 15 minutes, all the bees had followed her. They drove off, about an hour away. Next morning we still had about 1,000 bees ... turns out there were TWO queens ... so they had to come back to get the rest of them! Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww, what a sweet couple, he is so handsome!! congrats to the happy couple!!! i LOVE their quilt, they will too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Grandma of the Groom!!! What a sweet couple, and how precious that he wanted to share that with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW those ground bees are amazing!

    And what a super-cute couple! Congratulations to them and how sweet that he let you know right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wasn't able to comment til now! I love that baby quilt! I hope they enjoy it for years!
    They're a cute couple!
    Those videos were great! I have see so many ground bees and don't want to feel them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haaahaha I can't wait to show Greg those guys taking up the cement. To think the Raven was parked a few feet away just a couple of days ago! I can't wait to see your new driveway. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and I meant to say, Congratulations to the happy couple! They look so excited. It's precious. xoxo

    ReplyDelete