title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I woke up frustrated and cranky this morning.



I had forgotten to put my bite guard in last night, and I bite a hunk out of my cheek during a dream.  When I woke up, Buddy decided to jump off the bed and dug two of his back claws into my calf when he launched himself.  My eye is still very irritated and all the goop and drops I have to put in it, get on my eye lashes and thus my glasses and everything is blurry.  My back hurt, I have a pain running from my right index finger down to my wrist and my right thumb joint was screaming, plus, I had a headache.

A couple of hours later, I sat down and watched the Weather Channel and thought, what a whiny, unappreciative woman I am!  What those people are going through is unimaginable!  This flood is of Biblical proportions and here I am, having a pity party because I don't feel good!  I am so sorry!
===========================
The guys came back to work some more on the driveway.  I sat on the porch, in my rocker and watched.

No--it's not a crime scene.  They aren't searching for Hoffa's body.  They built the frame.
Can you believe, there are still some small bees in the lower, right corner?


This guy is drilling the holes in the cement slab that is already there to put re-bar into, 
so that the 2 slabs will be as one, and one won't
heave up higher than the other and crack.

This guy is leveling and smoothing out the ground.

Trimming up the end of the driveway here.  I hope my neighbor's don't mind all the dust headed toward their open windows.

They think they will put in the mesh and pour the cement tomorrow afternoon, although it is supposed to rain and I don't think they pour cement when it is raining.

Then it has to cure for 7 days before I can use it.  So---maybe by September 6th, I won't have to tote my groceries so far?

=================================
Today is Karen and Mark's 36th anniversary.  I think their daughter said it best. 


    "The most hardworking people I know- working for our family, for each other, for God, for 36 years!!! Thank you for showing us how love conquers all, every day. Happy anniversary mum and pops, I love you!"
    She's right.  They have the most wonderful marriage and family I have ever known, and the cutest babies and nicest adult children.

11 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad for "whining as you call it", Judy. Yes, it's horrific, and sad what's going on in Texas. But, we still have to think about what's going on around us. Your eye is a big deal!

    Karen's family - all so pretty or handsome. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mercy. But even with all the bad stuff elsewhere, you have a right to a pity party!!!!! That eye, all by itself, is a really, really hard thing to endure.

    I know! I know! Even just regular blogging, seems almost "not right," with all the TX horrors. I said that, in my post, this morning.

    But as people are always saying, when awful things happen, the rest of us have to keep on going.<---Sounds good, any way.

    What can I say, about the eye? Just keep doing what you are told to do. Even though it's almost like... "The cure is almost as bad as the disease." NOT really though!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pity parties are a necessary thing once in a while. YOU have a big issue with that eye problem. Then all the concrete dust and dirt flying around your house cannot possibly be doing you any good!

    I love it when our kids are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is relative, so you're entitled to grouch abit about your ailments. Now I understand why my dentist and endodonist put glasses on me when they treat me as that was never done for many years. You're the first person I've heard of who had eye issues from dental work, but expect it must happen more frequently than I ever knew. Sure hope that clears up soon for you. Am sure you'll be glad to have that concrete job done -- just be patient a while longer.

    Not only do I think about the Texas area, maybe soon to be New Orleans, too, i often think about the refugees in other parts of the world -- how fortunate we are to live in U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Karen and Mark, and may they have many more happy anniversaries. Your driveway is going to be just sensational. I can't wait to see the finished product. I hope you feel better soon, Judy. Sounds like a bunch of things ganged up on you. It doesn't mean you're not grateful for all you've got. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think...I know everyone grumble and let loose about life troubles. It was fine until I got a phone call that my client and my supervisor is having a yelling match...now I need to bury my head in some beer.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be cranky, too, if had all those aches and pains gong on all at once. But I know what you mean about watching the hurricane coverage and feeling bad because they are going through so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the driveway might be done by Halloween? :)

    Sure hope that eye, and all those other minor things that when added to other things, make us fit to be tied. Yes--I know it is a poor sentence structure. ;) What do you expect from me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, what's going on in Texas kinda puts our little aggravations into perspective. That eye looks pretty mean. Take care of it and I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always use to sit a while in the bed before getting up from the bed to rest myself. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such sweet words about karen and mark!!!

    ReplyDelete