title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Life is Humming Along

It was 81 degrees today and a bit sticky and I am probably the only one in Michigan complaining about it.  I have a fine tuned preference for 68-75 degrees and humidity around 40%.  When the humidity gets real high, it makes me physically sick.  I had a bad heat stroke when I was 15 and ever since then............  I took the cover off the air conditioning unit this afternoon--just in case, but I guess it is going to cool down a bit the rest of the week.

I spent all morning on the genealogy.  I wanted to get a hair cut, but my stylist at Fantastic Sam's was all booked up.  At that place, you cannot make an appointment ahead of time.  You have to call the morning you want your cut and get a spot in the schedule.  I called at 10:04 and was told the stylist I wanted was booked up until 7:00pm.

Now, I ask you, if I called 4 minutes after they opened, how many calls came in before that to fill up my stylist's schedule?  I "think" they are allowing people to call the day before, but they sure won't let me do it.

So, I will try tomorrow and if she is "booked" I will just ask for someone who knows how to cut short hair.  My hair is long and thick and hot right now.
===========
At 7:00, I walked up to visit Pearl and Merle, but couldn't find them home, so I walked across the street to visit Dar and her Dad.  Her Dad now sits out in front of the house, in a chair, in the sun, with his shirt off.  Now to see a 95 year old man shirtless can be a bit staggering.  I don't know why he doesn't sit in the sun in the back yard, but.............................

Dar showed me her new Smart Phone--some kind of fancy thing I will tell you.  You can talk to it and tell it where you want to go and the GPS will talk back as you drive along.  Talk about distraction!

Then she told me how many On Demand movies they watch on TV--those cost $4.99 to watch and they watch 2 a day.

Then she started telling me about the new sneakers she got.

" I was told to get a good support shoe  Now, you know I don't like to spend money (oh really?), so Dad and I walked around the store for about 3 hours, talking about it.  Then I decided......................."

Just then Dad threw his hands up in the air and said, "Just show her the damn shoes!"

I just about chocked on my laughter and said, "We gotta hear the story first, Mickey." he rolled his eyes.

She went and got them and took them out of the box.  They are slip-ons.  Sketchers.  I don't see as how they are very good in the support department, but.........................................
=====================
I got my January cross stitch project--finally--mounted on the foam core.  I could not find a frame narrow enough or long enough.  So I just put a nice heavy backing on it and glued a hanger on the back.


Up above the back door it went.  It just fits that 6" space.


10 comments:

  1. OH! I love that cross stitch! A perfect fit for that space.

    I'm glad the weather is more conducive to walking over to the neighbors. I LOVE those stories most of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cross stitch is so wonderful and what a great place to put it.
    you have interesting neighbors for sure. Working full time I have very little time to visit
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cross stitching machine!

    I've never heard of a hair salon where you couldn't make appointments ahead of time! I can't believe they can do that and stay in business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "People Are Funny"

    A take on the old, old tv show "Kids Are Funny."

    -smirk-

    Great place, for your cross stitch. You have really perked up that back door spot now.

    Weather... oh I agree.... heat/humidity take a toll on me. Ugh...

    But I also hate to have to have A/C on, and close up all windows/doors/curtains/drapes. Did someone say; "Make up your mind?!?!?!" -grin-

    good luck with getting a hair cut. Can;t make appointment, other than on THAT day. that rots! Thankfully, they don't do that, where we go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cross stitch! I have a great one I need to finish. Got distracted by crochet and knit projects...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cross stich looks perfect up there above you window! Whenever we travel we always use the GPS on our phone. It only talks to you when a turn is coming up. We used it when we drove to Maine a few years ago, and when we drove down South last year. It was invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy, I didn't know you could use GPS on a smartphone! I thought that was with IPhone's. Thanks for that!

      Delete
  7. Oh, Judy, I love the cross stitch; that's really beautiful! You're so good at crafts, and the genealogy too. I was looking at the one you made for us, and I take it out often to go through it.

    Dar's dad? I can't imagine how he looks out there, but goodness at 95 he's entitled, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he lived in a retirement home park in AZ or FL, no one would notice, but up here--everyone laughs at him behind his back.

      Delete