title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, April 21, 2017

A Good Week----------------------

Kathleen Gentile, thank you so much for the lovely card, which touched my heart, and the information clipping.  I DO get help with my Medicare insurance.  Thank Goodness.
=======================================
I am hoping to get back on the daily post bandwagon.  I'm trying to get everything  organized once again.  I cannot believe how tied to this computer I have become.  Face Book starts and ends each day.  Plus, I had 256 e-mails to go through, bills to pay and a new genealogy to start.

You know how I get when I am researching a genealogy!  Time flies by.  I am so engrossed in the search.  Just when I think I have found all that I can on a person--there's another tiny clue that needs to be investigated.  I am trying to keep myself at 4 hours on the genealogy and then get out of this room and do whatever household chores I have to do.

I forgot one item when I was spring cleaning.  I need to strip my bed and flip my memory foam topper.  I remember how heavy that thing is an how unwielding it is to maneuver.  I gotta do it though.  Don't be scared for me--I don't have to climb anything.  HAH!

Did I tell you, Karen came over on Tuesday to help me do some outside chores?  She cleaned up that large oval garden I have around my Lilac bushes--she wanted to mulch, but I have too many spring bulbs and Hosta's coming up right now--we need to wait.

Then she hefted a couple of plastic storage boxes out of my office closet for me to put things in.  Then she ironed the new office curtains while I sat in here, on my desk and put them on their rods.  What a great help she was!!!

I am done with Physical therapy.  Glad to report that my neck and shoulder are doing great.  I had 5 sessions left on Medicare for the year, so I had her work on my lower back.  Lost cause!!  All the PT did was irritate it and make it inflamed and it hurts worse now, than when she started.  HAH!!!  When a person has herniated discs, arthritis and spinal stenosis, there isn't much to be done to help.

I have heard people discussing taking Turmeric supplements to help with arthritis.  I read up on it and knew I probably couldn't take it.  Anything that has the words "anti-inflammatory" on the label is off limits for me because they all interact with the blood thinners.  So no--Advil, Alleve, Naproxen, Aspirin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil--nothing like that.  I can take Tylenol which helps hardly at all.  Even though I knew I "probably" couldn't take it, I did call the doctor to ask.  He said, "Absolutely not."

We got about 2 inches of rain yesterday and none of the predicted severe thunderstorms, thank goodness.  We did need the rain.  All of our spring flowers look much better than they did a year ago.  My Forsythia had few blooms on it last spring, this year it is loaded and gleaming beautiful bright yellow.

Guess there's nothing else going on around here.  Hope you have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad Karen and you have a productive day of work and mother-daughter bonding. That's got to feel really good to get so much done with someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, for the help!!!!

    What blood thinners do you take? I take Plavix and a whole Aspirin a day. Do to having 3 stents, 8 years ago. The only pain med I can take, is Tylenol, according to my heart doc. When I had the bad pain, with the knee, I could take some others, for a little time.

    And I agree, Tylenol helps a headache, but not big pain.

    Mercy, you do a LOT of net stuff!!! :-) But we do, what we enjoy doing, and that is that! :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on one of the new ones--Xarelto. They made me take it because I had a tiny AFIB (rapid heat rate) for a couple of days. I don't like taking it, but "they" said, "While AFIB won't kill ya, it can throw a clot and you could have a stroke." Okay, Okay!!

      Delete
  3. i'm glad you had a good week, and therapy is over YaY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy that you and Karen spent the day together. It sounds like she was very helpful.
    I can only take Tylenol, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed getting to know you through your videos---I've felt like that just reading here, too! I hope you will make more.

    I have to take Warfarin, because I threw a huge clot last May, and part of it is in my lung. Ready to move to my brain or heart anytime. I feel rather like a timebomb. My doctor--- who saved my life --- doesn't believe in Xarelto...he believes in Warfarin; since then I have had to go get an INR done every week, and they can't get it to a correct level. I'm not sure I could afford Xarelto, though. It's a bother, and the more I fall, the more threat of the clot moving. :sigh:

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cardiologist doesn't like Coumadin/Warfarin for that very reason. Hard to get the INR at a good level and keep it there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Another genealogy! Life is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geneology can be so much fun :) been there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geneology can be so much fun :) been there! :)

    ReplyDelete