title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 17, 2014

Too Early For This

It might be difficult to see, but this is what's going on outside at this very moment.

Looking out my living room window, past my porch toward the street light.


Expected 3-4 inches tonight.  Where is it coming from?  The  West side of the State--lake effect snow off Lake Michigan and yet, we are miles and miles and miles away from there--185 miles away and it's effecting us.  The winds are carrying it to us--25-30 mile an hour winds.

Oh well--it is expected to be 50 degrees by Sunday and warmer next week.
======================
I had my appointment at the Food Pantry this morning at 10:15 and I did better this time, but still...not what I am allowed.  I have 60# of food I can get.  Last time I got 25 and this time 42.  I have asked them to move me back down to 40#--I just don't need that much stuff.

I did score big on the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce so I can cook another 2 batches of spaghetti sauce for my guys for Christmas.  I had heard we were going to get a turkey, but I did not.  Maybe only families get turkeys.  They did throw in a pound of cheese--that awful slimy processed cheese that they give out for surplus needs.  I don't eat much cheese.  I tried to think how I could use if, but couldn't come up with a thing.  Pearl didn't want it, so......maybe Dar would like it?

Speaking of which--Dar had her procedure today.  They drained off a bunch of stuff from the "sac" and have come to the determination (like the ER doc), that she DOES have a hernia.  Which is also what I told her over a month ago.

She thought they could repair it with a laser, I told her I didn't think so and sure enough, they will do it out patient.  Put a screen in and fix it.  Takes about 4 hours and then they let you come home.  She had taken one of her tranquilizers and seemed in good spirits when she got home--she called, so I know.
========================
That's about all I have for today.  Tomorrow will be busy--making more spaghetti sauce, laundry, etc.  Glad I went out today so I can just stay home and watch it snow tomorrow.
  

7 comments:

  1. We have 7 1/2 inches of snow on the other side of the state and that's a low figure to what some have just a few miles away. It's crazy! They say it will melt on Sunday but we're getting a lot more snow in between now and then. That melt snow will probably turn to ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this morning that every state...EVERY...has some part of it under freezing temps.

    Which might make sense if this was January :) Well I hope your snow is pretty in the morning ..the first one is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like a little snow... not as much as you got last year... but a little here and there throughout the winter. I love it.

    I think your spaghetti sauce gift is a wonderful/delicious idea. What a great gift. I like to give and receive food gifts. I have one friend who is such a good cook. She has given jams and soups and cakes and cookies over the years. In fact, the older I get the more I subscribe to that idea of gifts that are gone by the time January is gone, things we use and get pleasure out of instead of things that pile up around the house and have to go to goodwill or a landfill one day. Spaghetti sauce is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great way to think of it - gone by January! We don't need any more clutter in our lives. Or maybe experiences - like toward a trip or something for the family.

      Delete
  4. I think I'll give gerbil soup this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At this rate you are probably on track for a white Christmas! It's great to catch up with your posts again. Here in the UK it's exceptionally mild and wet.... more floods for us, I'm afraid! All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you can stay in - it's so cold! Ugh. Do you not care for homemade mac & cheese? That's what my kiddos would want with cheese :-) Also, they love potato or broccoli cheese soup too.

    ReplyDelete