title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I See In The Western Sky.............

.....cold weather and probably snow approaching! BRING IT ON!! I'm ready.

Dar had her CAT scan and she didn't react to any of the things she thought she was allergic too.  She doesn't know the results as yet, but "they" think, perhaps an abscess.  She pronounced it "absuss".

Pearl said she had another loose tooth.  She went to the dentist and it was only a cracked filling.  She got that fixed.

Merle had a flat tire and when he took it in, it was found that the valve stem had broken off.  They repaired it for free.

Life is good in the hood!
---------------------------------------
Today, at noon, I was just getting ready to get out of this room and I saw a car pull up in front of the house.  It was the same color as my neighbor Tami's car and I thought she had pulled up a bit to be able to back into her drive.  Then I noticed her car was already in her drive.

I looked again and the car was pulling away.  A few seconds later, it came back from the other way, stopped across the street, between the new neighbor's house and Jackie's.  There was an older man, dressed in a grey suit, with a full head of pure white hair.  Just as I was getting curious, I saw him take a picture of my house.  I trotted to the front door,..I was going to go out on the porch and say,, "May I help you?"  But he drove away.  He didn't speed away--he just drove slowly away.  I wish I had got his license plate number.  Dagnabbit!!

I had to run up to the store and on the way back, I stopped into the park office.  Rob, the manager was in the office, so I told him about the picture taking guy.

"Did someone stop in here and ask for my address?"

"Nope.  Why didn't you call us, I'd have driven right over."

"It was noon.  The office is closed."

"Are you being investigated by the F.B.I.?"

"Perhaps.  I have said some really bad things about the President on Face Book."

"Who hasn't!"

"Well--maybe it was a nice older gentleman and he was checking out the place because he wants to move in with me."

"That's possible."

"Well...he better be rich because NO ONE is moving in with me unless they are rich!"
===============
It is kind of unsettling.  Pearl said, "they probably had the wrong address.  You know there is another house with your house number on the street behind us."

"Yeah.  I know."

I guess I will wait and see what happens.  You can be sure I will be watching for him to return!
===========================
This is my Mother's father.  He was 31 and had five children when he enlisted in WWI.  He was a minister and poor and he thought his allotment check would help take care of his family.  He was a fine horseman, so they put him in the Cavalry, where he acted as Chaplain's mate, medic and bugler.  This next picture is of a small trumpet he used to wear on his watch chain.

Here he is when he was older.
I think I look a lot like him.






8 comments:

  1. Get ready, Jean. You've got snow coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it! And I have to go to the doctor's tomorrow on our first day of snow!

    That's weird about the guy with the camera. Maybe he's taking a picture of a place he once lived in like we do when we're tracing family history?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. An old guy bought this place new and died 5 years later and I bought it.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your grandfather survived WW1. Up there with the Calvary - the fear and fighting he must have encountered would make my heart stop. What was he like? In his photo, he isn't smiling. You smile often. So. No. I don't see the resemblance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, through the eyes. He probably wasn't on the front lines, being a medic and chaplain's mate. He was a smiling person, but not in these "formal" photos. He was a minister--he had to look sober, LOL.

      Delete
  4. Maybe a little resemblance, but he sure looks like someone I've seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the guy you bought the house from die in your house? Don't know why I asked that. :)
    Anyway, it is weird that someone took a picture of your house. It's not like you have a huge injury claim against an insurance company, and they're trying to prove you're not really injured. You know how they spy on people who claim an back injury, and take pix of them emptying their kitty litter out of their car. :)

    ReplyDelete