title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I've Got No Complaints--well--maybe one?

Today's high temperature was: 58 degrees
Sunny all day
=============================
With this new time change, I am waking up at 8:00 every day!  That's early for me :-). but it feels like 9:00 and...........

Anyway--I went to bed smiling and I woke up smiling and I feel like I can breathe again.  I don't know why, but I feel a bit safer this morning.  What a sweep, huh?  The biggest majority in the house since 1920 and the biggest majority in the Senate since WWII.  I don't know if they can get any work done, but I feel better.

I listened to a few political pundits today and one of the things I found interesting; they said that most of the Democrats used nasty campaign ads, blasting their opponent, while the Republicans didn't--instead they focused on their own accomplishments.  People are so sick of the nasty stuff that may have made a difference.  There were quite a large number of cross over votes, as Democrats voted for Republicans this time.  A clear voice to the Prez. that even his own party constituents are not all that pleased with the job he is doing.  I imagine he felt terrible last night and this morning, but hey...he isn't the first nor will he be the last that this has happened to.  

More important, to me, is this may very well scare Hillary from running.  I can only hope.  Anyone but her!!  From what I have read and the Secret Service reports, she is one nasty, vicious, woman that has a mouth worse than any sailor.  Plus, Bill has a sweetie and if they went back to the WH, he'd have to give her up, unless he stays in Chapaqua--she lives just up the street from them.

I also heard a couple pundits say that this Republican sweep just may help President Obama because there are a few things he wants to approve, but his more Liberal senators don't like.  This way he could run it through the house and senate, where the Repubs would sign on and then he could sign it and blame the Republican pressure.  One of which is the Pipeline--he really wants it.

Who knows--time will tell.
=========================
Pearl called at 8:45 and wondered if I had any condensed milk.  I said I didn't and I wanted to know what she was baking.

"I want to make pumpkin pie."

"You use condensed milk in pumpkin pie?"

"No.  Geez...I said evaporated milk."

"Oh.  No I don't have any of that either."

After my Soap, I decided to run up to Wal-Mart.  I had to get paper products and stuff that I knew would be cheaper there.  I got Pearl a can of evaporated milk and dropped it off on the way home.

An hour or so later, she came down with a piece of pumpkin pie for me.  YUM!  but...it looked strange to me.  I didn't say anything...........

Pearl said, "I wanted a creamy taste so I put a block of cream cheese in it."
<ohmygosh-I hate cream cheese>

"Okay.  Thanks."

I ate it after my supper.  No--I tried to eat it.

Apparently she didn't beat the cream cheese to make it soft and creamy, she must have just worked it into the pumpkin mix with a fork because there were chunks of cream cheese all through it.

After the first gag, I threw it away.  Even the part where there was no cream cheese chunks, tasted funny.  I don't think she put a bit of sugar in that mix.

I have a pumpkin pie recipe that has whipping cream in it and it is delish--maybe that is what she was going for?
================================
See ya tomorrow!
  


10 comments:

  1. I think a lot of us can breathe a little easier now. I watched CNN for most of the coverage and every time the Republicans got another seat I felt relief. Maybe now things can get done the way they are supposed to, although I think the prez is still going to try and sneak things in on his own. He is like NASCAR ~ he makes up his own rules as he goes along.
    Nope, I do not want Hillary as president I don't care if she is female. People will vote for her (if she runs) just because she's female and won't even think about some of the crap she has pulled...just like they voted B.O. in just because he's black. The American people can be so stupid and crazy at times. They don't think things through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YuP. They had the first Catholic president and the first black president and now they want to be known as having the first woman--whether any of them are trained to do the job seems not to matter. My Liberal friends are saying the same thing you said, "How can people be so stupid." meaning us of course. HAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, up at 4:30 and that would be 5:30.
    We are all different.
    Love the mornings
    my high energy time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one sad story. I LOVE pumpkin pie and if I was handed a piece and all happy and excited about eating it only to find it....tampered with...I'd be very very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very sad when woman who have been cooking all their lives start losing their skills and making mistakes like that.One of my sister-in-laws still tries to send dishes to everyone in the family who is sick or super busy and I hear tell most of it gets thrown as uneatable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch on the bad tasting pie. I cannot imagine chunks of cream cheese in pumpkin pie...poor Pearl. I do have a very good recipe for a pumpkin pie with sweetened condensed milk and it has a streusel topping, and I have also tasted a wonderful pumpkin cheesecake that I loved, but nothing with chunks.
    So happy the elections are over, as the viciousness was so awful. I remain a staunch independent.
    Off to do errands this morning....so happy you are happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe - poor Pearle. My mom got on a pumpkin pie craving one time; she made two every day - one for her, and one for the neighbor with cancer. I think even he got tired of them.

    I "accidently" (and I mean that literally) caught part of HIS HONOR's speech yesterday; the part where he said "I am STILL the President" Okay, then.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss you! Although I don't always comment, I do love hearing how your day is going. Hope you're busy and toasty warm!

    I wonder if Pearl or Merle even ate her pumpkin pie?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are you? Hope you're good.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a good pumpkin pie recipe. Haven't made it for awhile and was just thinking about it today. I like pumpkin pie better than baked goods with pumpkin in them. I love cream cheese but lumpy pumpkin pie doesn't sound so good. Poor Pearl.

    ReplyDelete