title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Reports of Me Losing My Mind, Have Been Greatly Exagerrated

I mentioned that I ran uptown yesterday to get a new color inkjet refill and that it didn't work?  

This morning, at 10:00 I decided to run in and get another one.  It is a 10 mile round trip.  No big deal, except when I am trying to keep enough gas in the car until the end of the month.  

I got up to Cartridge World, "Didn't I just see you yesterday?"--she checked the injket and said, "yes", it was dead.  Something goes wrong with those little copper looking thingies that match up with the printer's little copper looking thingies.  I got back home, popped in the new inkjet cartridge and voila--it printed out two pages.  

Then stopped.

The tear drop light for the BLACK inkjet cartridge was now blinking!

I wanted to cry, scream or throw the dang cartridge through the front window--but--taking the path of least resistance, I got in my car and drove back up to the store.

"Didn't I just see you a half hour ago?"

"Yeah.  You will never guess."

"What?  That new one was dead too?"

"No.  It works great.  The black one is acting up.  I don't know if it is empty or what, but it won't print."

So she took it in the back room and weighed it and it wasn't totally empty, so she came out with a new one and did not charge me a thing---and I bought it way back in late September.

Back home--having put 30 miles on the car in the past 24 hours--popped in the cartridge--everything works just fine!

ARGGH!!
=================================

Sunday, I went up to visit Pearl for an hour.  We were talking about Christmas decorating.

"I'm not putting up a tree this year," she said.

"Oh...that's what you said last year and then you went up to Wal-Mart and bought one...just like mine."

"I didn't buy a tree last year.  I used the one that Marge gave me."

"Marge got you a tree two years ago--at Salvation Army.  Remember, Dar was working there and helped them get it?"

"No.  That was last fall."

"Dar hasn't worked at Salvation Army for almost eighteen months.  Remember, you put up the tree and you didn't like it.  Merle had put the lights on wrong.  You threw out the tree after Christmas?"

"Yes, that was this January."

"2014?"

"Yes."

"Wow.  I must be losing it.  I remember you calling me mid December last year and you asked me where I got my tree.  You wanted one that already had lights on it.  I told you Wal-Mart and you and Merle went that afternoon and bought one and put it up."

"We looked, but we didn't buy one."

"Oh.  Hm-mm. It seems I remember you having a pre-lit tree...over in the south east corner of the living room."  I pointed.

"If we did...where would we have it stored?  We got rid of our storage unit up town."

"Yes...I know.  This past June."

"No it wasn't.  It was last month?"

"Last month?"

"Yes, October."

"But...Marge sold your stuff on the Face Book garage sale this summer.  Remember you were mad because she sold your set of dishes for twenty bucks and you thought she should have got fifty?  It was shortly after my birthday."

"Your birthday?  Your birthday is in June."

"I know."

"Well...whatever.  We never bought a tree at Wal-Mart and we didn't have one last year and...I'm not putting one up this year."

"Hm-mm.  Okay."



Today, Pearl called.

"I was talking to Merle and he seems to remember looking at trees at Wal-Mart last December.  I decided to read back through my journals just to see.  Guess what?"

"What?"

"It says here...went to Wal-Mart.  Got a tree with lights already on it."

"YAY!".

"Yes but...we can't find the tree.  We don't know where we stored it."

"Oh my!   Maybe you stored it at Marge's."

"Why would we store it there?"

"Because you didn't have room at your place?"
================================

So, the call came in this afternoon.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"We didn't have room to store it in our shed, so Marge took it home with her and put it in her shed.  I feel like I have a new Christmas tree for this year."

"Great!  Are you going to put it up?"

"I don't think so."

GEEZ LOUISE!!!
==============================

Dar called at 3:00--

"Do you like pudding?"

"Nope.  Only Tapioca."

"I'm going back to work this weekend."

"You got a work release from the surgeon?"

"No--but I'm going back to work."

"How can you do that without a release?"

"I asked them to schedule me to work.  The surgeon has Wednesday and Thursday to get the release---I called and told her office girl to make it happen!"

"But--you only have one day to do that."

"Two."

"Just Wednesday.  Thursday is a holiday---Thanksgiving."


"OH MY GAWD--I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT!  I'M CALLING HER OFFICE BACK RIGHT NOW AND TELL HER TO GET ON IT!"

"Oka........................."

"BYE!"
============================

My last batch of spaghetti sauce (I think) has simmered for 6 hours.  Now into the refrigerator to sit overnight and then out tomorrow, cover off and simmer until it gets nice and thick.

weird looking picture


now you can better see the size of the pot
===========================


Oh--by the way--it has NOTHING to do with race.  It is all about behavior!

5 comments:

  1. My mom used to make spaghetti sauce and she always cooked it for hours and hours, too. I don't think a lot of people do and that's what makes it so good.

    Pearl and your tree story made me laugh right out loud.

    I think your last line is referring to the stuff going on in Ferguson? What gets me is none of the people looting, demonstrating and speaking on TV had the time to review all the stuff the grand jury saw---and there was a LOT released---yet within minutes of the announcement they we're calling it unfair and rigged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big pot! I know your sauce is wonderful.

    Dar? Yeah, I think she might be lacking in a brain cell. But who I am; just basing on what you tell us.

    Pearl? Now, I can relate to her about the tree. I had to ask the family what we did last year at Christmas. I knew they came hear the a bit before Christmas Eve, but had no clue who had been here. Britt was close to her due date, but she tells me they were here. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. Margie in Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make ordinary life lively and fun!! I love reading about these neighbors!!! Don't you feel like you might be the only NORMAL person there? Ah ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sauce looks yummy. That's one of the greatest gifts going. They will love it.

    Pearl's tree will be brand new to her. Let us know if she actually puts it up.

    ReplyDelete