title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

OUCH!



I rarely take medicine for my arthritis.  Usually, any pain I have is sharp and fleeting.  It does not stay around and ache--until this dang shoulder issue.  It just sits there, down in that joint, and aches and aches and only hurts sharp, when I raise that arm.  Even the muscle in my upper arm hurts--if I squeeze it...so I don't.

My TENS unit worked great last night--I slept well and woke up with no pain, but, a few hours into the day, and it is aching again.  I finally rummaged around in the medicine cabinet until I found a bottle of 500 mg Naproxen tables the doc gave me a few years ago.

I am a pill hoarder.  I have Tylenol 3 (with Codeine) in case of a toothache.  I have Percocet left from my hip surgery two years ago.  I have the Naproxen the doc gave me BEFORE the hip surgery.  I also have Amoxycillin--it is not old, that I have to take before dental visits.  In fact, I get my antibiotic from the orthopedic surgeon instead of the dentist, because the ortho guy gives me 28 and the dentist only gives me 4 at a time.   That way, if I get a UTI, I have antibiotic on hand.

I know, you are going to tell me they are too old to take and will not work, or work too much.  So far, so good.  They are all "hard milled" and I don't think lose their effectiveness like capsules would.

So I took a Naproxen this morning and about to take another one for tonight. so I can sleep.  I usually sleep on the side of the ouchie shoulder, so that isn't helping one bit!!!
===================
Look what Maggie the Cat did to me in the middle of the night.


She sleeps down by my ankles and apparently I moved my feet in the middle of the night and she tried to pull my foot back, or thought we were playing a game of Tug-Of-War?  I felt the pain at 3:00, yelled "NO" and kicked her off the foot of the bed.  Do you know how bad a cat scratch stings and burns and hurts?  I got up, slathered some Neosporin on it and went back to sleep.  Dang Cat!!!  Buddy would NEVER do that to his Mommy--although he did nip me the other day because I quit stroking his head! 

I tried to clip her nails tonight.  She was sitting on my lap and I was petting her and she closed her eyes.  I reached for her front paw and stroked it and she didn't bite me.  Then I reached for the clippers and gradually reached for the paw again, she opened one eye and flew off my lap.
======================
Those of you who commented on Brooklyn The Brat--I didn't feel it was my place to say anything.  Not my family--not my brat!  HAH!

It occurred to me this morning that Darlene seems to be coming over here everyday now.  She has not mentioned Judy L. or Sheila in quite some time.  I am wondering if they have dropped her.  When I got up this morning, I peeked out and saw that her car was gone.  Hurray!!  She had to work.  Of course, then I figured she'd be over tonight when she got home, but...she did not.  Hurray, again.  

As to Jean's response about the sign for my front door.  I did have a couple of signs made up, after Fred died and she seemed to think it was her duty to come everyday to check on me...when I wanted to see no one--especially her.  

I had a "In the Shower" sign.  A "Taking a nap" sign and A "I'm at Pearl's" sign.

A lot of times, I'd put up the "In the Shower" sign, when I wasn't or the "Taking a nap" sign--I never take naps.  I just could not stand her mood swings at that time...and at that time, she was in a continual mental state because of her daughter.

She is not nearly as bad now, but when she does come over, it is NOT to check on me or see how my day is going.  It is always all about her--always!!  At least Pearl and I sit and chat about both our lives, our the world or old times--we have a shared communication.  That has never, ever happened with Dar.  If I do make a mistake and go to say something pertaining to my life, she looks at her watch, checks her cell phone.  She can hardly wait until I shut-up so she can get back to telling me all about her.

There is no way I can change that woman  I guess I will have to look to her visits as fodder for my blog, LOL

I am kind of nervous about the predicted storm tomorrow.  We don't have the high heat and humidity we normally have with severe thunderstorms, but they are saying we are going to have strong winds.  They are coming down from a high elevation.  If we all live through that, the highs are going to be in the low to mid '60's the rest of the week and weekend and the lows in the '40's.  That means our first frost is not all that far away.  

Fall is here and it feels weird to me.  I feel like I have had a really long spring and I am still waiting for summer!


5 comments:

  1. I've been dealing with a neck/shoulder pain all summer, too! I hate it. I'm not a pill taker but I do have some luck with BenGay patches. Trouble is they smell so strong and if you have to go someplace, I don't like to wear them.

    Your issue with neighbors feeling free to drop in/walk right in anytime reminds of my husband. We had this ongoing debate about that because I would stand at the door and talk to them through the screen and he, of course, was brought up on a farm and thought that was very rude not to ask them in. I was brought up in the city and we didn't do that every single time someone came to the door---ust too many of them and you'd never have any privacy. We picked and chose our times to invite them in, or not. You've got lots of friends now and I don't so that might be a statement on which course was/is the best. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Jean--us farm people are like that. No knocking required--just walk on in, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I feel kind of bad about an ex-neighbor of mine. She was just the sweetest lady; always there for me. But, when she visited, I knew it was going to be for a VERY long time. When I moved, I had told her I'd keep in touch; she called a few times but then that kind of dropped off. Here now that I'm back in the same county and not that far from her, I really should go and visit. But, here's the thing about going to her house. She has two (really cute) little Poodles, and I have nothing against them with the exception they will not leave me alone! Not for a minute; and I'm trying to hear what she's talking about. I do feel badly for her since it now seems she's lost her connection with her daughter who lives in the SAME neighborhood. Oh, darn it. I should call her.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lordy Sally--I know that feeling--that is why I don't like little jittery, yappy dogs. Plus, I seem to have an allergy to Poodles--I get all stuffed up when I am around them. You could just call her, but if she doesn't know that you've moved closer--maybe not mention that fact?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you'll get frost soon. I'm still wearing flip flops.
    I'm so sorry about your shoulder. Sometimes things like that take a while to heal.
    What is up with that bad Maggie girl. She needs to be nice to Mama.
    When I lived at Dad's, people just walked right in. Wasn't my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete