title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, May 14, 2018

Recap


May 1st--by budget was in the red $67.00
May 3rd-I received notice that my monthly budget payment for my electricity was being lowered by $7.00 a month.
May 5th- I received a check from one of my genealogy clients to pay account in full.

MY BUDGET WAS NOW IN THE BLACK.

May 9th-the pilot light on my water heater blew out again.
May 10th-lunch with the Old School Gal Pals--cost more than I had in cash--had to use Debit card.
May 11th- service guy lit pilot light and told me I probably needed a higher exhaust flue up on the roof to keep it from blowing out every time we have a storm.  Cost estimate: $200.00
May 11th-evening, microwave oven blew up.  Made horrible noise, grinding noise, then light started flashing, sparks started flying and door popped open.  Cost estimate for new one-$50.00-$70.00

MY BUDGET IS IN THE DARK, DARK RED.

May 12th-Got Mother's Day check from Jen- $100.00--new microwave in the future, with some left over.  Also got a call from Pammie.  She is having so much fun and sounds so relaxed and happy that I could not be sad that she has moved out to NJ.

May 14th- Shoes arrived I had ordered for wedding.  So low cut on sides that my foot spreads out.  Have to return to Mall, which involves driving through two round-abouts!
May 14th-Got car license renewal from state.  Cost-gone up from $71.00 to $85.00 for my 20 year old car.

I can't wait to see what disasters await me the last half of this month!!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about all that red. My 10 year old car, and 24 year old truck registration quadrupled. I so understand your reds. Hope you find shoes your feet like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the good side I'll bet your car insurance is significantly low on the 20 year old car. But, oh my gosh, everything seems to go up with no end in sight!

    Glad Pammie seems happy in New Jersey. That takes the sting out of her leaving. Her sister is fortunate that they have a built in nanny they can trust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it really doesn't matter how MUCH money you have, there are always surprises to the budget, big and small. We always sent Mom and Dad money (six of us) My sister and I would find a reason EVERY month ... Snowman Fund, Flag Day, anything. We each gave what we could afford.

    It takes a village to help out!

    I'm just starting my wedding outfit shopping .... comfortable stylish shoes will be the hardest!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I hate it when microwaves go rogue. Thank God they are not expensive to replace. I'm so sorry about your financial angst. Praying with you that every expense is resolved in God's perfect timing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing ever seems to get cheaper. Hope someone buys you a lottery ticket and you win big! I'm so glad Pammie is happy and relaxed. We are always happier when our kids are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the microwave blowing up was a blessing? Ditch it, get some more counter space, and use the $100 for something else? If my daughter weren't here, I would get rid of mine.

    Mels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I hate roundabouts! And smart-alecky children. But at least she sent you a Benjamin, and you got a new microwave. Well played. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh-oh! That comment ^^^ was meant for the most recent post. I'll go put it there too.

    As you were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wish you did not have to worry about money...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete