title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, November 19, 2017

It goes on..........

My continuing dilemma with the yard waste bags-------I woke up Friday morning and checked the weather forecast.  Rain beginning at 3:00 and continuing through the night, with hard continual rain and wind gusts on Saturday.

After my Soap, I hied myself into Brighton and bought a 10 x 14' heavy plastic tarp.  I was in such an angry, frustrated state that I took that tarp and spent 20 minutes, quickly wrapping it over and around all the leaf bags.

I tucked some of it under the heavy bags, put rocks on the rest of the edges to hold them down.  Put the heavy branches and my heavy garden hose on top to help hold it down and then---parked my car close to them, to make a wind break.

When I was finished--I noticed that I had gone at this job with such resolve and determination, that although my back hurt, I was exhilarated in such a way that I said, "Don't tell me I can't still do things!!"  I felt like Rocky Balboa!!!

and rain it did and wind gusts we had, but that tarp stayed in place.  

Now, this morning we had a bit of snow, but--the rest of the day and tonight is suppose to be dry and Monday, the forecast is for 44 degrees and full sun.

I will whip that tarp off and let those bags dry out all day Monday and hopefully--early Tuesday when the yard waste guys come to pick-up...those bags will hold together, and they will be carted away and my dilemma will be over!
===========================
Saturday, I watched college football all day long--which gave me lots of time to work on the new cross stitch.  This one is the most difficult I have ever tackled.

On the pattern, there is no picture of what the finished product will look like.  




Other patterns look like this.  The squares have the symbol of the color floss to use, but at least, the shape of what it is going to look like is very apparent.



 Not this one, just row after row of dark to light browns and tans.  I found I could only do a ten stitch across by 10 rows down, or I'd get mixed up on the colors.  In that space of 100 tiny stitches might be over 15 shades of color used.  So for the last couple of weeks, I just kept stitching along--knowing what the final product would look like--eventually--from the cover photo on the pattern package, but not knowing when it was going to take shape.


Friday night, I noticed something was changing on the far right side.


AHA!  Disciples are appearing.  It's like a miracle!!! (Kidding).


and another one.........................

Now I see why color shade placement is so critical.  None of these figures are going to be outlined to give them definition.  It is going to be through color changes alone.  
YOWZA!!

Maybe--someday--if I live along enough, the finished product will appear.



9 comments:

  1. Do you have some German heritage? :-) Your stubbornness, concerning both the covering the bags, and the cross stitch, sound quite German to me.

    Both my husband and I, have German blood. Takes one to know one, as the old saying goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is as square as they come! With an equal amount of English tough upper lip thrown in!

      Delete
  2. Your leaf dilemma is bringing flashbacks to me. I used to live in a house where we averaged 40 to 50 large plastic bags of leaves and on the night before trash day I worried about the teens who'd sometimes come by and rip open the bags. A couple times leaves at the curb were set on fire---not ours but in the neighborhood. Hope your pick up day comes and goes without more drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have blessed some teen agers for setting my leaves on fire. LOL

      Delete
  3. I'd be in the ER from all that! Just pulling wet, heavy clothes from the washer is a killer, then reaching far into the back o the dryer to get them out. I've got a muscle strain from washing last night. :(

    Those cross stitches are things of beauty, aren't they? I loved seeings formed with thread!
    xo's,
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I certainly hope you live long enough! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be well worth all the time and effort you're putting into it! So pretty! If I were doing this, I'd dare not put it aside or I'd lose my place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you deserve a medal for fighting with those leaf bags so much. Looks like you won, though. I can't wait until they're carted off and you don't have to look at them any more. That cross stitch is daunting just to look at. I cannot imagine attempting that. Your middle name must be Determination. Judy D, that's how I'm going to think of you from now on. Haahaha Happy Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - that cross stitch is stunning! I just picked up a 10+ year-old project that I apparently stopped because the 3 color grass was too complicated to do with three children talking to me...so now I'm 1/3 of the way through it! Can't wait to see the end product. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete