title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 11, 2015

Sunday, the 6th.


Chris arrived at 9:50.  She said she couldn't wait until 10:00.

We decided to go to another Flint favorite eating place--Halo Burger, which recently has moved to Brighton.  Halo Burger is famous for their olive burger.



 Oh My Gosh--so yummy!

 ...and, of course, split an order of Tater Tots.

The burgers aren't as good as they were, back in the 50-60's, but Chris did get a Boston Cooler--vanilla ice cream with VERNOR'S Ginger Ale.  Has to be Vernor's, another made in Michigan product.
======================
Then, up the street, back to JoAnn's because she needed more yarn(?)


















Across the street to Meijer's because she needed some Melatonin, some salads and some fresh fruit.
We did not find the LIQUID Melatonin she wanted, but I found a big plastic storage box to put all my new yarn in.





We went thorough Dar's check-out line, so that Chris could meet her.  I don't think Chris was impressed, but Darlene was very nice.

Back on the road and headed home.  I was feeling pretty good.  Not tired at all! 

I pulled into Merle and Pearl's driveway so that she could meet them.  We had a nice chat.  They were very interested in what her little trailer is like.

Chris wanted to go up to Wal-Mart.  So we put her stuff in the refrigerator and off we went.

On the way out, we saw John and Maisey and his next door neighbor, Jeff, standing in John's driveway, so I pulled in to introduce her.  

John asked her about her little trailer then he started bragging about his camper.  We left pretty soon and as I pulled away, Chris said, "You aren't all twitter-pated about him, are you?"

"No"

"Good!"

We got to Wal-Mart and she found the kind of Melatonin she wanted.  Then we checked out their yarn department, then over to the meat department, where she got 3# of (Michigan made) Koegel Viennas.




Now, when she gets back home, she can make her own Coney Dogs. :-)
===========
Back home, I collapsed in my chair with an ice cold Diet Pepsi and we chattered on until 7:00, when she had to leave.

I was tired out, but not exhausted and feeling very content and happy.

6 comments:

  1. You've done enough shopping and eating out since C\hris came to town to last a whole year. Sounds like fun, though. I'm glad the "happy" is still on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day. You and Chris are glowing! I'm so proud of her for traveling by herself with her trailer. For me, in my little RV - It takes a great deal of fortitude, faith, and good fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty smiles! I know you're missing her already, but so happy for the time y'all got to spend together. I'm happy for you both. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look so happy! Good times! How wonderful that you get to test her patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. My college roommate was from Michigan and she introduced me to Vernor's. I don't drink soda pop anymore but would you believe, they have Vernor's her on the shelves in South Carolina? Yeah! Right next to the Cheerwine! Some Vernor's with vanilla ice cream sounds absolutely inspired.

    ReplyDelete