title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Paranoia

I have NEVER been paranoid in my entire life--but since the last 2 years and having my words misinterpreted, and the fact that Jen's husband is waiting to strike if I goof up again--I get scared.  Especially when I am in their home, which isn't very often and not for very long at a time.

Pam called me this morning.  She only just now found my voice mail on her phone.  She thought the way we left it Wednesday was....if they had the showing she would call and let me know when she and Evan were coming over.  Since the people cancelled the showing, and she and Little Guy weren't coming over, she didn't call.

WHEW!!!  Off the hook!  Of course, all day Thursday and Friday, I racked my brain, trying to remember every word I had said to the kids.  I laid in bed both those nights, not being able to sleep and praying to God to "fix it". 

These kids are not at all like Karen's kids.  They are very sensitive and take things quite personally.  (They are going to have a hard time in life, aren't they?)  So, I never know what I might say jokingly could be heard and repeated to Mom or Dad in a different context.

So--Pammie is bringing Evan over either Monday on his birthday or Tuesday.  It matters naught to me which day.
<this evening I was sitting out on the porch thinking and it occurred to me, if that family moves to New Jersey, I won't see them very often and...I just might rest a whole lot easier.  Not nice to say, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about every word that comes out of my mouth!>
========================
A nice thing this morning, around 10:00..in drove my sister and BIL and he had his chain saw and cut down the almost dead Rose of Sharon bush in my back yard, took 4 small Maple trees out which were growing up through my Lilac bushes and taller than the buses AND, cleaned out the gutter on the long side of my porch, where I had mini Maple trees growing and a 3 feet high corn plant with a baby ear of corn on it, plus four years of packed in dead, soggy leaves, as my porch is right under the giant Maple tree.
The bush to the right of my shed



















Bush is down, now to tie it up in 4 feet length bundles for the yard waste people.
 

These kids work well together. 

Maple tree piles


My roof top garden!



Chuckie doesn't like heights so Susan is steadying the ladder for him. 
















My corn plant.  Chuck wanted to know if I were going to boil it for his lunch!

I am so blessed to have these two living close.  These are chores that children or grand children should do, but....................................probably they would if I ever asked them?  Anyway--Susan, Chuck and I have a great time together.  Lots of laughing goes on.

7 comments:

  1. That corn plant is amazing. I would have thought they'd need deeper roots than it could get up there. Bird poop plant, I imagine.

    It is sad to have kids and grand kids living so close and they don't think to come help you out. I imagine you've always prided yourself as being an independent, can-do person and they just don't think of you in any other way. Glad your sister and her husband know you can use the help.

    Maybe with Pam you need to start agreeing to have her call one way or the other when things like that come up. It's terrible to wait and know know what went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I have never needed help and never asked for it and I need to change. I know they would, if I only asked. For some reason, I feel more comfortable asking my sister and BIL. Also, I need to quit worrying and getting all jacked out of shape by assuming I have done something wrong when it concerns Jennifer. I should just assume that 'no news is good news." :-) Why am I so intimidated by her? I have been since she was 16! She has always been very quick to point out my failings. Always in a respectful manner, but her "knife" was nonetheless very sharp.

      Delete
    2. You are right, I have never needed help and never asked for it and I need to change. I know they would, if I only asked. For some reason, I feel more comfortable asking my sister and BIL. Also, I need to quit worrying and getting all jacked out of shape by assuming I have done something wrong when it concerns Jennifer. I should just assume that 'no news is good news." :-) Why am I so intimidated by her? I have been since she was 16! She has always been very quick to point out my failings. Always in a respectful manner, but her "knife" was nonetheless very sharp.

      Delete
    3. So glad your sis and b-I-l were helpful. I don't ask for help either although my brother has done a lot for me without me asking.

      Yeah, I get the way you feel about your daughter, Judy. Egg shells are so very difficult to walk on. It may turn out that when/if they do move, you'll hear from her more often.

      You're by Jennifer like I was with my mother. I pretty much had to watch what I said if I didn't want her wrath. She was a good woman; we just never clicked. :(

      Hope you're enjoying this Sunday; it keeps looking like rain here.

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Well if ever there is an apocalypse we can always grow corn in the gutters! That's hilarious! I'm glad things got straightened out with Pammie and that you should see them this week! Your sister and her hubby are wonderful to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh. Don't you wish people could see the best in us, and trust that we have their best interests at heart? And wish they would have our best interests at heart? >sigh<

    I am so happy your sister and bother-in-law helped you out with your jungle. It must feel so good to have it cleared out. Love the pics! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy my dear, be who you are and say what you think. Those who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter. That's not original with me but I have found that with very few exceptions, it's true. It's not always easy to do and not always fun to deal with the fallout, but it's an honest way to live. Of course we must always strive to be kind and tactful, which I'm sure you are. Your sister and BIL are pretty wonderful and your yard looks really nice. xoxo

    ReplyDelete