title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rainy, Gray, Chilly, Fun Day!

Is that even possible?  For someone to be almost 30 and be gay and not even know it?  Could he just be non-sexual?  Perhaps born with not enough testosterone?  He certainly doesn't act gay in the least. Interesting.  I will be so happy when sweet Susanna finds another nice man, who is a "real" man.
====================================
Look what I found this afternoon: "Asexual people, though lacking sexual attraction to any gender, might engage in purely romantic relationships, while others might not.[9][18][19] There are asexual-identified individuals who report that they feel sexual attraction but not the inclination to act on it because they have no true desire or need to engage in sexual or non-sexual activity (cuddling, hand-holding, etc.), while other asexuals engage in cuddling or other non-sexual physical activity."


That's him!  I have seen them cuddling and kissing.  They do almost everything together--like best pals.  The way he proposed to her was so romantic that the whole family thought it amazingly wonderful.  He appears to be very romantic, thoughtful to her with sweet little surprises.  Such a mystery!

Wow--something like this could really tear up a woman's self esteem.
==================
Pammie and Evan arrived just as my Soap was coming on.  I quickly determined that Evan's visit was far more important.  I had bought him a whole bunch of stuff from the Dollar store and he loved every single thing!  Especially the paddle ball that lights up when you bounce it.

Evan does not like/will not pose for pictures.





I had a cupcake and I put a candle in it and we sang Happy Birthday to him.  He wasn't a bit shy about that.  Usually kids hate to have that sung to them.

He's scarily smart, as was his older brother, Andrew, who he is the spitting image of.  Curious and wants to know how every things works.  Lots of questions and lots of explanations.  Today, he was curious about my floor registers and wanted to know what they were. 

So I took the vent off one and let him look down inside, then explained how it was a long tube that came from the furnace to carry the warm air to all the rooms.  I sent him seeing how many he could find and he figured out, they all laid along one straight course.  Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room and den.

Then I showed him the furnace and explained how it worked and turned on the fan, so the air would blow up from all the vents.

He came back in the living room, looked around and said, "There should be another vent there---under the couch."

Well, there is, but you can't see it and it is shut off.  What mystified me was why would he think that?  How did he deduce that?

Then Pam told me of an instance last week.  Evan's dad was trying to figure something out on the panel for the outdoor sprinkler system.  He had tried a couple of different switches and Evan said, "Dad...look..if you push that switch and hold it and then that switch, at the same time, I think it will work."

His Dad said, "Nah...I don't think........well...wait a minute..." he tried it and it worked.

This little boy just turned 4 yesterday.  Andrew was the same way and by the time he was 6, usually I had no idea what he was talking about, when he explained how computers worked.
==============

Scary!


Just before they left, I said, "Evan, come here.  I have something to tell you."

He came close, "What?'

"Every time, before you leave, you are supposed to give Mimi a hug.........." and he went to scamper away.  I caught him, leaned back in my big chair and hugged him and kissed on his cheek and nibbled at his ears.  Of course, he squirmed to get away, squealing, giggling and laughing, but I held on tight.
==============
This late afternoon, I drove my car to the service garage and John met me there after he got out of work and brought me home.  The Serpentine belts were there waiting for my car.  They thought they might have the job done before closing time, but I decided to come home, instead of waiting.  

After all, John was already there to pick me up and, just my luck, if I had stayed and waited for the job, something would have happened to make the job longer and I would have been stuck in Brighton.

Better safe than sorry. 

9 comments:

  1. I had a boyfriend in college who was affection, did romantic things for me and we did just about everything but IT. Twenty years later he came out of the closet. It took that long and his mother's death before he had the courage to admit to himself that he had gay desires. He was brought up in a very strict Christian church and that played heavy into his inability to be honest with himself and others for so many year. Who knows what is confusing or happening with your granddaughter's husband. In time the truth will come out. Very sad and whatever the issue, I truly don't believe it's a choice.

    Glad you had a good time with Even. Boy, he's getting big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Gay guys make the best, best friends. Doing "almost everything together" at their ages is another big clue that they were relating like girlfriends, not male, females.

      Delete
    2. Pammie and I were talking about it today and we both hope the divorce will help him discover whatever he needs. I want a gay guy friend! Pammie has two older gentlemen friends who have lived together for 25 years. She so enjoys their company.

      Delete
  2. I went back to read and catch up with Susanna's situation. It sounds like an amicable breakup. They'll probably remain friends. I'm glad she didn't have too much invested in the relationship or financially either.

    Evan is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know plenty of gay people (consider where I work) and some of them you can't really
    tell but some of them may as well have a neon sign on their foreheads! It's that obvious! Boy, Evan sure is getting big! I see a budding engineer! I'm so glad you got to visit with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know plenty of gay people (consider where I work) and some of them you can't really
    tell but some of them may as well have a neon sign on their foreheads! It's that obvious! Boy, Evan sure is getting big! I see a budding engineer! I'm so glad you got to visit with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing day. Glad you could see Evan, and how fun of you to show him how things work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love rain days, sounds like you had a fun one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evan is so adorable, and very smart! I know you both enjoyed the visit.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete