title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 25, 2015

Na Da

I have heard nothing from Pammie.  I know she was busy mowing her lawn today and probably tomorrow, so I will call her on Sunday afternoon to see about Monday.

I cut my perennials back this afternoon.  I found out something today---I can now bend over---way over to cut off the flowers.  Last fall I couldn't do that.  So, finally 3 years out from my last hip surgery and I am now flexible enough to bend over and way down. :-)

Of course tonight, my back and calves are a bit sore, but I am so happy.  When I had surgery, the ortho doc told me "nine months" before I'd be completely pain free.  The PT people told me, more like 18 months.  Others who had had hip surgery said, "more like two to three years."  The hip patients are right.  It has only been this summer that I can walk farther than ever and climb easier and now...bend over easier.  I have my flexibility back...and my balance.

There are an awfully lot of nerves that are cut in hip surgery, muscle, tendons.  It takes quite a long time for all those things to reconnect.  It is a very large area (inside) that is cut, removed and readjusted.  So, my scars have been gone for a year, but now...perhaps everything inside has settled down?


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new found flexibility! That's always a wonderful thing to gain something (health wise) at our ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so glad for you to be able to bend over, Judy. Such a blessing after all you've been through to get there. YAY!! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES! Years to get back to "normal", Maybe I should just enjoy being a couch potato! I do see improvement on my knee/leg every day ... but it still hurts like heck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you're hips are better. It means so much for quality of life. My perennials are still out there. Soon, I will cut them back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has got to feel really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am so happy for you Judy, that you can bend without pain and that your balance is back. I suffer constantly from hip pain due to osteoarthritis. A hip replacement isn't possible right now and I am terrified of surgery so it may never happen. But the thought of putting in three more years after surgery (if I did have it) is daunting. However even to my untrained year, that sounds about right. So again, I'm happy for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete