title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, August 7, 2015

The Road Less Traveled

What I saw out my bathroom window yesterday evening.  Poor Merle.  It looks like the mower is dragging him along.  Why doesn't he pay $20.00 to have it mowed every other week?  Why doesn't one of this 3 kids mow for him?




Ready for our walk today?  It was only 700 steps, so a short walk.  Yesterday, I walked 950 steps.

I turned right out of my drive--just like yesterday.


 Well--here's my favorite maintenance kid: Aaron.  He used to do yard work for me before the park hired him.
Just like yesterday...except

today--I am taking the road less traveled 

What's this?  Oh--where the park disposes of limbs and branched
 I walked back there--wetlands and the back of Corky, John and Jeff's units.













What unknown awaits around the curve?




More tall trees on my right in the wetlands and---

To my left, this fascinating pond. 
 All scummy and neat.  I'll bet there are big bull frogs in there.  Probably snakes (YIKES), dragonflys--who knows.

 WOW--the backs of the houses that are along the path I walked yesterday







Oh, this sign is hysterical.  25 hours, Video surveillance?  Yeah right!













The retention pond for our park. The water looks so clear and clean.  This is probably the drainage field for our sewer system, after the sewage has been processed?  I saw a duck, but could not get his picture.  RATZ!


Turn around and headed home.



I always like to take a little peek, just to see who might be out and about.  Nobody.







A form or flowering Oregano.  Called Kent Beauty.  Mine does not look like the pictured one.  RATZ!

‘Kent Beauty’ is a hybrid ornamental oregano (O. rotundifolium x O. scabrum) that is grown primarily for its attractive flowers and foliage. 






4 comments:

  1. Another great walk. I would like the wildlife around that pond, too, as long as the snakes didn't get too close. Bullfrogs would bring back great memories of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hear the "Peepers" in the spring. WOW--what I racket. I love it!

      Delete
  2. Good going, Judy. So proud of you. Now, if I could just get the energy going - unless I count chasing a 1 1/2 year old. I really miss my good walking place from before. Patti keeps saying "we need to walk" - um, yes that would be great if she ever gets well enough.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great exercise!! MS prevents my ability to walk any distance ~ boo - hoo ~

    ReplyDelete