title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, May 14, 2015

What?

This was me when I got up this morning.  I was supposed go up to The Farm and then out to lunch with my sister, BIL and friends of ours.  I hardly knew what day it was, let alone go through all that, so I called and canceled my visit.  Not only was I foggy, but my head felt like it was 2 feet square and about 6 inches above my neck--just floating there in the air--like a balloon on a string.

I kind of stumbled through the morning.

I have squirrel deterrent that I mix in with my bird seed.  As I mentioned yesterday, apparently my South of the Border rodents like that hot sauce, so---------------



...instead of fighting them, I put out a dish with corn and peanuts.  They do stay away from the bird feeders now, but.........................
...now I have birds eating the squirrel goodies.  I give up!  I am just going to keep the feeders filled and let whomever is hungry eat at whichever feeder they like.
=====================
I fell asleep watching my Soap!  Woke up at 3:00 and decided to run around and buy my annuals.  The weather man has promised we are all done with freezing night-time temperatures.  I went up to Lowe's first and their annuals looked terrible!
Then I drove next door to Wal-Mart and got a flat of Impatiens.

Then I drove across the road to Meijer's to get some Tiny Tunias.  I needed 10 and all they had were plants in large pots at $4.99 a pot!  I think not!

Then I came home and stopped at Bordine's garden center.  The minute I walked in the door, I felt better.  I love that place, but....they are more expensive--their plants are bigger, but...................I got my Tiny Tunia's, and my large Geraniums.  

Do you think you see a color scheme here?  I always plant all my container gardens in the same color scheme.  I have so many other colors in the perennial garden around my porch that I like to keep the containers the same.  I think I might have OCD.
<ya think?>

===============================




My grand daughter Madeleine was asked to be the God Mother of this beautiful baby girl, Astrid. How is Maddie ever going to be able to leave all those people she has known and grown to love in Guatemala?  She was suppose to come home at Easter time, but got her Visa renewed for another three months and will be coming home July 1st.  I have a feeling this won't be her last visit in that country.
===============================

The scent coming in through my open kitchen window is magnificent!


3 comments:

  1. I'm going to the bird store tomorrow to find out what I can feed my wookpeckers that the cow birds won't eat. I might have to give up, too. But the eat so much, so fast.

    Your color scheme for flowers is the same as what try to use. Needless to say, I like it.

    Hope your head is feeling better! I worry about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my lilac bush right now!! Hope you are feeling better today, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lilac photo!! My standard lilac is done, but the miniature one is just getting started. I'm hoping the rain this weekend doesn't take all the blooms/scent away. Your containers will be gorgeous! You sound like me on steroids the other day. It was horrible! Take care.

    ReplyDelete