title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day To Me


I got myself a Mother's Day present.



This is the home made one I had been using.

On Friday, a female Baltimore Oriole came to visit.
The first one I have ever seen 

I put up the new feeder, hoping they would like it and...

THEY DID!!
 
===================================

Doubling up on the new BP med.  Are you all tired of hearing about my ongoing battle with high blood pressure?  I know I am!  The day before my AFib incident, my BP was 117/62.  It has been that way for many years.  I took BP meds and they worked fine.  Then the hospital changed up my meds.  Then when I got home, they didn't work, so the doc added some more.  I was severely allergic to one of them and stopped taking it, so he added yet another new one.  Last Thursday, when my BP was 187/65 in his office, he doubled that new med.  It seems to be working.  At least today it is working.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

This week my new blood thinner med seems to be working also, as I know have a couple of Senior Tattoos.  That's what someone called the purple bruises that come to the surface of my thin skin, whenever I accidentally hit my wrist on the doorway.  I am a real clutch, so I expect to acquire more of these Senior Tattoos as I move through life.  I hate them!  They make me look like an old person--which I might be, but I have never thought of myself as old---and therein lies the problem with my upset over having to visit the doc every two weeks and having to check my BP three times a day!

I am having too admit I am old and it is really making me quite angry and sad!
==================
After her Yoga class, Karen took me out for brunch Saturday morning.  She was busy with her own kids on Mother's Day.  Her eldest, Helene, has completed her Master's degree at UCLA and is now home, safe and sound..interviewing for jobs.  I hope she gets the job in Michigan and not the one in Washington, DC!

Lenie's home and her brother Marcus has something growing on his face.




Karen and I were talking about friends.  She said that she had tried to set up a quick get together with some old friends she hasn't seem in a couple of years and one excuse came in after another, so she just forgot about it.  She said, "Everyone is so busy, as am I, but they couldn't seem to find a couple  hours over a weekend to get together.  I miss my friends.  In fact, they don't even exist anymore in my life."

I told Karen I felt the same way.  I miss my friends too.  Sure, I have "friends".  The girls I went to school with--I see them once a month.  Pearl is a friend, I can see her everyday.  What I miss most of all are FRIENDS!!!  That person I have history with.  The one that knew everything about me, good and bad, and would call me out when I was being an idiot, cry with me when I was sad.  That kind of friend.  Soul mate?

Karen's are too busy.  Most of mine are dead!
=========================
I went back to the dermatologist on Thursday afternoon.  He came into the room, "Well the good news is the biopsy on that spot on your leg is fine."

"Of course it is!  I told you it would be."  (I was grumpy)

"I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I am only doing my job and had to check it."

"Yes, I suppose.  Well, because you put me through that torture, can you do me one favor and blast this age spot on my face?"

"Sure.  It's the least I can do."

So he grabbed the pressurized nitrogen and blasted away.  At least I got something good out of the visit to secure my vanity.  I think he only did the biopsy to get money from my insurance company.  I have other "spots" that look far worse than that tiny pimple on the back of my calf!
========================
I got Mother's Day cards from Pam and Karen, also $30.00--which will go to the buying of annuals for my porch planters.  Did I get a card from Jen?  Did I expect to get a card from Jen?  No to both those questions.  I did get an e-mail from her asking me if I wanted the sewing machine back that I had given her.  They are "staging" their home for sale.  ARGGH!

Did I get a card or a phone call from my son?  You've got to be kidding, right?

HOWEVER--I will get to see Pam and little Evan this week.  Evan picked a very tall dandelion out of their yard.  He handed it to Pam and said, "This is for Mimi because it is tall like Mimi is."  So she is bringing him over either Monday or Tuesday morning.   
<tears--he remembers me!>

Something wonderful that was delivered on Saturday afternoon--from my "daughter" Chris.


Cutest ever?  I'm thinking, when the flowers are done, that cute little watering can will be on my porch filled with some annuals!

Now Chris is one of those FRIENDS that I have shared a WHOLE lot of my emotions/feelings with!! She witnessed the good, the bad and the ugly of my life and still loves me!!

I am very grateful and blessed.

6 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! What a nice surprise.

    I've never heard those bruises called senior tattoos. I have a stomach full of them from the daily shots I take. My husband was so bruised I used to worry people would think it was caregiver abuse.

    Glad you had a good Mother's Day. You're two for two plus Chris and that's not bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue onward
    doing the best we can.
    Guess that is life
    and so much we wish was different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cool bird feeder. We didn't put our hummingbird feeder up, we didn't see any reason to get them dependent when we will only take it away in a few weeks. Who knows if the new buyers will be interested in birds, but we will put all of our feeders out as soon as we get in the new house.

    I'm sorry that Jen didn't call you or come to see you. She will have such regrets someday. She is clueless. So foolish.

    I get those bruises, too. Senior tattoos is a good name for them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Oriole photos! The female is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've never seen one in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed your posts, and no I don't get tired of reading about your B.P. I hope it all gets straightened out. We have had Orioles visit us for 2 years now. They come and feast on the hummingbird feeders. I need to make them a feeder like you did! Hope you have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful flower arrangement - I love the colours. I hope that you soon start to settle into a routine with the new meds. It's horrible when you don't know how you're going to feel from one day to the next. Jx

    ReplyDelete