title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, May 29, 2015

Food For Thought

Today was quite uneventful.

Dar had to work.

It was hot and humid, so I stayed inside most of the day.

John picked me up at 6:30 and off we went, up to Howell to Asian Fusion.  An Asian buffet place.  YUCK!  I hate these kinds of places.  Chinese, Japanese, Thai and American and nothing has the distinct taste of the country it is from.  The eggs rolls were made of some kind of beef paste and tough.  I couldn't find any of the Oriental veggies I like.  There was NO steamed white rice that I could find.  However, the hot Oolong tea was good as were the Fortune Cookies.  and the red jello cubes I had for dessert were good.

Of course I didn't complains--are you nutz?  I ate more than I have in a week because....I was trying to find something from under those sneeze shields that tasted like Chinese!!!

When John went back for dessert--I looked at the bill, $23.00 and fished the last five dollars out of my billfold.  When we were ready to leave, I placed them on the table.

"What's that?" he asked.

"I told you last time that if we went out to eat again, I was going to leave the tip."

"If I invite someone out to eat, I pay for it."

"Look, I'm older than you and I'm bigger than you.  Unless you want me to take you down here...in front of all these people and beat you up...you will let me do the tip."

"I believe you could too.  Okay."
===========================
Well, we had a good time talking about when we were kids and the shows we used to watch on the 12-14" TV's our parents had.  "Sgt. Preston" and "Sky King" and "Howdy Dowdy."  And we talked about Maisey--it costs him over $300.00 a month, just for her special meds and food and he had her to the vet yesterday at $250.00 for tests and IV.

Then we waddled out to the car and I said, "I'm going home, find a Peacock feather, stick it down my throat.  Like the Romans used to do, so they could eat more."

"Sounds like my kind of people," he says.

He is extremely easy going, smiles and laughs all the time, just like I do, so it is pleasant being with him.  When we got to my house, I thanked him and he put his right arm out for a hug, so I hugged him and kissed him on his cheek.

"Thanks J. T." I said.

He replied, "Thanks J. J.  Have a good weekend."
================================
Then I saw him take Maisey for a walk up the service drive.  He's a good man.  A nice friend.






8 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, that dog is fat. No wonder it has so many health issues. I'll bet you and John are the talk of the park. LOL I'm glad you have a friend there to talk with who doesn't stress you out. You'll tell us if those kisses ever miss the cheek and fall on the lips, won't you? I have to tease you, it's in my blogger's contract.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know you will Jean. Actually, no one that knows me, (Dar, Pearl, Jackie, Tami) knows that John and I went to dine together. Dar was at work, Pearl was eating dinner, Jackie is on vakay and Tami was at work. I know they don't know or one of them would have asked, "What's up?" HAH. Maisey is very old--14 I think. Thus she has arthritis and kidney and liver problems and Cushing's Syndrome--so she is on the path to the Rainbow Bridge. He is just trying to give her a good end of life, I guess. He is a very tender hearted man. Easily manipulated I think. First of the week he called. He was going to the store for his elderly neighbor and wondered if I needed him to get me anything. If I had said, "yes", I know he would have picked up whatever I needed and not taken any money for it. He cleans everyone's driveway, in this area, in the winter and won't take even $$ for gas. He has offered to mow my lawn, no charge. I think he has a need to help others--I won't abuse his generous, giving spirit.

      Delete
    2. You can always tell at lot by how a man treats his dog. John is a good man to have for a friend.

      Delete
    3. and close to and loved his Mother--which also tells the kind of man he is.

      Delete
  2. I went to a Chinese buffet once...never again. I was used to the little places in New York that had the real stuff.

    Howdy Doody was my favorite show and don't forget Frontier Playhouse unless you weren't into westerns. Both those shows were on when it was time to do the dishes and I always begged to watch them. By the time they were over Mom had the dishes done.

    John seems like a really good friend. Those are hard to come by these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never much liked those buffets for the same reason. I'm glad you have a friend to do things with whose company you enjoy. You know when we go out with friends one pays for the meal and the other pays the tip, and then next time we switch. It just makes it a bit nicer I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not into Chinese myself but the rest are, and they all like Mexican food. I do, however, enjoy going to a Japanese restaurant. It's fun to watch them cook. :)

    I read on FB that you're getting rain; oh, how we need it here, but certainly not complaining after seeing the sadness in Texas.

    Hope you have a nice enjoyable weekend; at least Dar won't be over but just wait 'til she gets back with all the stories. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. John sounds kinda special. Never say never!

    ReplyDelete