title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, May 4, 2015

Good Stuff. Sad Stuff. Life Stuff.

I had to run up to Wal-Mart yesterday to get two prescriptions picked-up.  On the way home, I stopped at the car wash.  I was the last vehicle in a 5 car line-up and when I got in, the kids did an extra scrub with the brush and mop.  I felt like I had received an unexpected perk.

Not bad looking for a 17 year old car.  Eh?

I did a walk about to see how the spring flowers are doing.  Front garden doing well--on the way out, but lily plants coming on strong so soon will have more beautiful flowers.


Woodland flowers on left of my side garden, coming on strong.
May Apples, Trilliums, Violets.  
Jack-In-The-Pulpit not up as yet. 


Karen called and we chatted for a bit,  Oldest grand daughter Helene, has moved from LA back to Arizona for a week.  She has completed her Master's at UCLA and is back in AZ visiting friends.  Her Dad is flying out today to help her drive back to Michigan.  She already has a job interview with her Dad's company, and if she gets the position, will be moving to D.C. to work.

Maddie will be coming back from Guatemala on July 1st.  She HAS to come back, as she already had renewed her Visa for another 3 month stay.  It's a good thing she HAS to come home, or I don't think she'd ever leave there.  She will be going into a nursing program at a local college.  Nursing?  We haven't had a nurse in our family for 90+ years!  She wants to get her degree so she can go back and work at the clinic where she's been in Guatemala.

Pammie called in the late afternoon.  In our conversation, I asked if she had talked to Karen lately and she said, "Yes.  I saw her at Elise' volleyball game the other night."  I don't think she realized how much her words hurt me.

A big lump in my throat and tears started.  I thought perhaps things were improving with Jen, but apparently not.  Maybe it's her husband that can't stand for me to be in his line of sight?

They are going to be moving to NJ.  Do you know how much it would mean to me to be able to attend a volleyball game or band concert to see Elise perform? 

How much it would mean to go watch Little Boy play Soccer or Big Boy do his Karate thing?  To even be able to watch the 3 year old playing at his house?

If I knew where and when these events took place, I would go--sneak in and sit on the other side of the gym, just to see them.  I wouldn't go anywhere near Jen or her husband---I just want to see the kids...before they leave my life entirely.

Called my little sister as I haven't seen or heard from her since the hospital visit.  She was just returning from an Emmaus retreat weekend at a big church in Flint.  I hope I can get out to The Farm this week.

In the meantime--my "daughter" Chris is having me test a crochet pattern for her.  I am doing an XL Twin bed crocheted cover/blanket for her.  I am keeping notes on how many stitches, the size, the number of skeins, any changes in her pattern.  Can you believe it?  She is paying me to sit on my skinny behind, in my recliner, watching TV and crocheting.   It doesn't get much better than that!!!

Thankfully for Chris.  I don't know what I would do without her in my life.  She is always so loving and supportive to me.  Much more caring than any of my "real" kids!

7 comments:

  1. Even paying you to test the pattern Chris will be getting a bargain when you hand over that bed covering. That would cost a small fortune at a craft show. What kind of material are you crocheting...yarn like you'd use for afghans or the light weigh stuff you'd use for table coverings? I can't picture your project but I'm sure it will be beautiful, either way.

    Surely the school has a website that lists events like game times if you wanted to go to one of them. If they are moving soon what harm can you cause even if they do see you at one? You already gave zero contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much you shared
    goes on in most families.
    I have grandson thinking of moving
    cannot go to granddaughter's school things
    anymore - too far for me to drive.
    Your flowers
    beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have Chris in your life. I hope you can tak photos of the crochet pattern as you progress. You know we'd all love to see it.

    Your flowers are beautiful.

    Maybe Pammie can tell you when and where the kids are performing. This is ridiculous. I'm so sorry, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pattern Chris designed and will sell on Esty or Ravelry after we get the tests done, so--I will not share any photos of it--you know, because of Copyright and all that..

      Delete
  4. If only people would realize how badly they hurt one another by just being quiet and not saying anything. Like Jen and her husband...
    I am sure there are ways you can find out when and where these things take place and since it is not private property you have every right to be there to watch the kids do what they do best.
    Life is far too short to just sit back and let things happen and not be able to see those you love before it is too late and they are gone to another state far, far away...

    Yes, I was thrilled to death that Dale Jr. won the race yesterday. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately I've been learning how I can either 1) care enough to let my love out, or I can 2) protect myself after I've been hurt, by keeping my love from showing. It's a mighty step forward, to be vulnerable and reach out. It's so much easier to be just a little bit off-putting, like maybe Jen's being (though I don't know if this is in her heart or not). I love the idea of you finding out when and where the games, and events are, and showing up to give your grandkids oodles of love. Take heart. I believe love can be felt from afar. Your love comes through on these posts; surely it will come through in person even a hundred feet away, when you're sitting in the stands at a game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds as if Maddie has really found her place in life. Jx

    ReplyDelete