title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Obsessive and Completely Undisciplined!!!

Today's high temperature was:  26 degrees
2" of snow over night and this morning
======================================
Every single morning, when I come out into the living room, this sight greets me.  Maggie must do it during the night.  Cats are so sneaky--she pays no attention to it during the day.
It is hard to get straightened out properly.  I use my Grabbit stick
I had after hip surgery, when I couldn't bend over for 6 weeks.

I find myself talking to the cats like I did my kids.  When I swing my legs out of bed, they are all over me.  Meowing and carrying on.  "Are you ready for breakfast?  Just give Momma a minute to go potty."  "What's the matter, Honey?"  "Maggie, I said no!"  "Hey--quit wrestling...someone's gonna get hurt."  I guess, when you have no one else to talk to in the house, you talk to your pets!!
======================

A couple more inches of snow and Dan--my snow digger-outer guy showed up again.  This young man has ADHD and is very hyperactive.  He moves so fast, which gets him in trouble AND he will talk FOREVER!!!  But, I like him.  I didn't think a mere 2 inches of snow needed cleaning off the parking pad, but he cleaned off my car, swept the porch and railings and beat the snow out of my welcome mat, and shoveled the parking pad clean, so I gave him a 10 spot.  I am going to call on him, after Christmas, to haul all my heavy stuff back out to my shed and back to my bedroom closet.  Yes--I could do it, if I had too, but it makes my back and hips ache--so--I will pay him five or ten bucks and it will help both of us.
===========================
I went searching for a microwave yesterday.  I stopped at the Habitat for Humanity place, and the Salvation Army store, but they had nothing.  Then I went to Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot.  I knew the one I wanted, so I was just checking prices.  
Wal-Mart=152.00
Lowes = 126.00
Home Depot = 79.57
The same oven--such a price spread!

...AND, if I opened a charge card with them, they would take off $25.00.  So I did, although I will never use it--I don't like the Home Depot store all that much.  I prefer Lowes.  

The kid loaded it up for me and when I got home, I called Merle and he came down and brought it in and unboxed it for me.  I like it!  It is smaller then the one I had, but it is perfectly good enough for what I use one for. (Mine does not have any black on it--all white)
===========================
Then I went over to the JoAnne's store--just to check on cross stitch fabric--just to check.  I found just what I wanted!!!  A yard long and a yard wide--$5.00--off white.  So I got it.  Going to put it away until January 1st when I start the project of stitching the farm and town on it.

Undisciplined and obsessive as I am--I got it out this morning, measured it, marked it off with a chalk pencil and then--WOE IS ME--I had to start it while I watched my soap.

Starting with the barn

I have a photo of the house I grew up in (before the remodel), and I found other pictures that resemble the buildings on the farm and the town (school and church) and I scanned them and printed them out on graph paper and charted them so I would know how large they were going to be when stitched.  Of course, I have every color of floss known to mankind, so no need to buy that.  All this stuff was rattling around in my mind, so I just HAD to start--just to see--honest!!!  I have no self discipline or control!!!!!
  
The house is printed out on graph paper.  It will go down a bit and right of the barn--somewhere.  I gotta get a John Deere tractor, a couple of cows and a silo next to the barn first.  Just going on instinct and color choices and we will see what happens. It, of course, won't look like the photos, but it will do.
==================
I got a deal on gas yesterday too.  I have allotted $40.00 a month for gas.  Yesterday, I stopped to fill up--it was $3.09 a gallon.  I filled it up for $30.99.  YAY
=====================
I took Pearl and Merle's Christmas gifts up to them.  I made spaghetti sauce for Merle and two scrubbies for Pearl.  I also enclosed one of my books for their great grand daughter and a scrubbie and lottery ticket for their daughter--who have just moved into our park.

In case you are interested, here are the instructions on how to make the lighted Christmas balls that I have hanging outside.  Sounds like a good craft for you or your husband to make for next year. :-)






    



7 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you stay busy with projects and crafts. Your time is your own so what does it matter if you feel you have no discipline? That's the way most creative people are---they get an idea and can't quit thinking about it until they see if their idea is going to work.

    Can't believe that price spread on the microwave! Glad you go one at a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a reason we no longer have a Christmas tree in this house...too many cats. I know that I would find any one of the four nesting in it upon arising in the morning and I don't need that kind of stress.

    We talk to our cats as if they were children too. Some of your comments made me laugh because we use the same ones.

    We prefer Lowes and whenever anything dies that is the first place we visit to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent just amazes me....that light is so ingenious, and creating the cross stitch from the photos seems beyond wonderful....cannot wait to see that done. I get to feeling out of control with creativity some times and have to rein myself in. Ideas get all jumbled up in my head and then not much gets done. In the midst of trying to finish up two quilts here, get ready for Christmas and a spell of dogsitting, and last night I got all carried away with ideas for table runners for my daughter-in-law. All because I saw a fabric that matches their dining/living room colors perfectly (beautiful Hoffmann batik). LOL I succumbed, ordered the fabric from Calgary and will hopefully get it all done by next Fall. LOL Craziness. Oh, yes, and maybe a table runner for LM's daughter, Meg, too!
    Also, I so relate to talking to the cats. Now LM, the cat thief, is doing the same thing with MS G and he is constantly interrupting our phone conversations to talk with his baby girl. Oh my. Aren't we all funny. Buddy & Maggie are so lucky. What would you do without those two to herd you around and tell you what to do???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly my cats are not messing with the tree skirt this year! I am occasionally finding bulbs on the floor, though! You are too crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a site where you get the photos to cross stitch pattern? That is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I talk to my dogs like you do your cats, does that make us both nuts?!

    I love the Light Balls you made, I bet they're so pretty at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lighted ball is something. So pretty.
    I can't wait to see the cross stitch of you home place. What a project.
    Your cats are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete