title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Can See Daylight

Today's high temperature was: 42 degrees
Sunny and bright all day, with no wind!

=================================
more rungs added today



I have just finished a book I thoroughly enjoyed!  It is written by our friend Jean R. who comments on here everyday.  She wrote it as a diary of her first year as a widow.  How to cope.  How to figure out how to build a new life.  She is humorous in her writings--has a dark sense of humor at times, which I like because I have that also.  It is amazing some of the things we share.  She also likes light colors in her home--like you'd find in a beach cottage.

Her blog is here, and her book is here.

There are a couple of widows who read this blog and we all share one thing in common; our men died in January 2012.  Fred, January 1st.  Howard, January 2nd.  Don, January 18th.  We are all facing the end of the Terrible Second Year (which I pooh poohed, but it is true.)  I wonder if anyone has written how the 3rd year goes.  Maybe we will all find out--together? 

Thanks for all your help and understanding, Jean.  I do appreciate it.
===============================

I am having a hard time crocheting lately.  My Chiropractor's receptionist is having her first baby in February.  A girl, so I am trying to crochet her my favorite baby afghan.  It seems, almost every time I take my hook and hover over the "hole-stitch", my right hand starts shaking and jumps all around.  Plus I am having Carpal Tunnel syndrome quite a bit in both hands.  I am also just about to the point where I can't do cross stitch anymore, unless it is stamped cross stitch.  Those dang little holes are hard to aim my needle into with my right hand twitching.  It isn't Parkinson's or anything like that--it is called---some fancy name benign tremor.  Nothing to do about it--however, if I am a bit nervous or stressed, it is worse.  I did notice, Sunday afternoon, when I was wound tighter then a watch spring that has been wound too tight, I took an Ativan and it seemed to help the shakies.

I can't write anymore because of it--I had to sign my name the other day and had to hold my right hand with my left hand to steady it so I could get a decent signature.  BOTHERATION!!!
================================
I WILL have somewhere to go on Thanksgiving!  In fact, I have two invitations!  Karen is having her in-laws and other family members and invited me.  I didn't really want to go.  They are a noisy group--lots of kids.  I was pondering how to get out of it when my sister called and asked me.  She and her husband are going to be alone.  Then she also invited Pammie!  How nice to only have 4 people--and they all won't be watching and screaming at a football game.  YES--I am going to Susan's house--the old homestead--for Thanksgiving.  Maybe I can make it and stay for more then two hours?

5 comments:

  1. I wish you were near
    to help me remember and instruct me on crocheting.
    In the past I did this during the winter
    and at that time it probably saved me mentally.
    I have taken out my thread and needle
    and much I cannot remember. May check to see if someone will help me.
    All near coming to my cottage for Thanksgiving.
    Just cannot at this time travel to the big city.
    So will not have as many dishes
    and will start first of next week
    with the beginning of preparation.
    Time soon
    when I will not do this and I find the thought sad...
    Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a nice surprise it was to come here and find a review of my book! I'm so glad you got something useful out of it and understood my humor. Widows need to laugh together was much as we cry together, find the balance it takes to move forward. I don't know of anyone who has written about how the third year goes, but I have sneaky feeling we're both going to be doing that in our blogs.

    I had the same thing happen with Thanksgiving...no plans then two invitations. The first one I accepted and had to turn down the second but I wish it could be the other way around. I'm so happy for you, being able to be with Pammie and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with some wonderful people that you love being around. I think it is great how although Pammie is your daughter, she is also a great girlfriend for you.
    You can make it longer than 2 hours! Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving! Sounds like it will be nice an peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that a big accomplishment for Jean? Congrats!

    I keep saying that I should try crocheting or cross stitch again. I use to enjoy it but these old eyes don't cooperate anymore. I'm wondering if maybe I could still crochet because if I chose something simple, it would be repetitive and maybe I could feel my way through it. Maybe.

    So glad you're going to Susan's for Thanksgiving. You will be comfortable there.

    ReplyDelete