title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, November 1, 2013

Ever Forward

Today's high temperature was: 51 degrees
Rainy, very windy, cloudy
=======================================

Well--what do you do?  
Being betrayed.  
Knowing you were a sucker.  
Knowing you were too trusting--again.

Apparently, she took her own money, her investments and she locked them in place in a trust, not even using the interest.  Then for the last five years, she had a money market, checking and savings account--our money from Daddy's estate, and that is what she lived on.  Her $3,000 a month retirement condo, all new furniture for that condo, her trips, her mani-pedi's, her daughter's trips, a new diamond ring setting, bi-monthly massages;  her girls as the beneficiaries on those accounts.

What do you do when there is absolutely nothing you can do?

You can become angry.  You can rage and scream and cry and pound a hole in the wall...throw a chair through the window--none of it will change a thing.

You can hold that anger and thoughts of revenge inside.  You can become cynical, bitter and hold the grudge for the rest of your life.  Allowing all those feelings to ruin the rest of your life.

OR

You can take a deep breathe--put it behind you and continue on--forward, with hope and faith in the knowledge that God will continue to take care of you.

...and that's all of this matter I will ever post.
================================

I didn't think I wanted a quilt or a flowered fabric over my insulated back door.  I am not a flowery person and don't like a lot of "fou fou" in my house.  So--I took a Queen size flat sheet, folded it in half and tacked it to the top of the door.  It blends in with the walls and make me feel a lot better. At least I don't have to stare at insulation backing for the next four months!  Plus, the writing on the backing was upside down and you know what that will do to an obsessive person?  Drive her nuts!!!


So yesterday morning, I drove up to The Farm.  My cousin came in from a town west of here and met my sister and me there and then we all piled into the cousin's car and drove up to Frankenmuth to pick up another cousin and go out for lunch.  As you may or may not know, Frankenmuth, Michigan is a little town, famous for it's year round Christmas store, other neat stores and two wonderful restaurants, known for their chicken dinners.  My mother and I used to always go shopping there during deer season--while the men are away, Frankenmuth is bustling with women.  We ate at the Bavarian Inn--I had been contemplating a nice dish of fried chicken livers, which is just what I had.  They were delish and completely over priced.

Afterwards, we all went downstairs to the bakery to get some Stollen bread and the Frankenmuth cousin bought a lemon meringue pie and we went back to her house for desert.

We did not stop at the Christmas store on our way out of town, which was a great disappointment to me as I haven't been there in years, but I was already tired from all the walking and really just wanted to get home.

Sister Susan requested the lady play "Roll Out The Barrel," 
which she did and we all sang along--robustly!

Cousin Carolyn, Sister, Cousin Yvonne, Moi.
(Gosh--I look like my mother!)
=============================
I got home at dark, and it was rainy, but I didn't have too much of a problem driving.  Last night was Halloween and since I detest that "holiday" with every fiber in my body, I did not turn on my porch light.  We only had one car come through anyway.  The most trick or treaters I have ever had here in 10 years was 4, so no one missed out.  Everyone around here knows this is the old people's side of the park and we don't do trick or treat.
===============================
Unfortunately, (YAY) because I didn't get home until late, I missed the wedding of Tami and her live in, next door.  Both of these people are beyond weird and their main holiday is Halloween.  They had rented a large barn/pumpkin farm/haunted house for their reception.  They got married in the Howell cemetery.  She claims he is her Barnabas (he had a black tux and ruffled white shirt on) and she is his Rosette, and they will live together past eternity.  This is one of their pictures, taken in front of some family's small mausoleum.

Their whole wedding based around undead spirits flitting about, the devil coming up out of the ground, witches and ghosts, Zombies and darkness.  How lovely.  

Apparently a Wiccan or Warlock married them--I don't 
know for sure.
She now wishes to be addressed as---
Not Tamara, nor Tami--but, Ta-MAR-ah.
Which of course means Pearl, Dar, Jackie and I will continue to call her Tami, LOL.

==========================
Today, I put my huge bundles of stuff from Costco away--I have a large box of Zip Lock Freezer bags store in my bedroom closet!  I made a big pot of Chili and froze most of it and I made my tuna/macaroni casserole and froze all of it and next week, I will start my production of 30 quarts of spaghetti sauce for my "boy's" Christmas gift.

Tomorrow is the BIG GAME in this state--MSU vs U of M.  I have been trash talking on Face Book about how (U of M) Wolverines are members of the weasel family and that is why we call them Nasty Weasels and how a Spartan can take down a Nasty Weasel any day.  Of course, my one grandson, and other U of M friends do not disappoint with their trash talk back to me.  I am hoping it is a good game and not a total rout on either side.  We both need to win to be in Bowl contention--as well as bragging rights, so it will be intense.  I've loved this state rivalry since I was 12 and fell in love with MSU--so I will be nervous during the whole game.






  

3 comments:

  1. I don't get why so many adults love Halloween. It's like there's no line, anymore, when they feel they are too old to trick-or-treat. I don't like the holiday either.

    I was in Frankenmuth two summers ago and I think I was in that very restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fellow Halloween hater..... Nevertheless, your neighbours antics made me smile! It sounds as if you had a great day out with your sister and the cousins. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a nice visit with your family! always nice to eat out and catch up. boy sounds like one heck of a wedding your neighbors had! interesting and something to talk about! im glad halloween is over. never been a favorite of mine... enjoy your sunday. our football team the vikings play today.. i think they have won one so far. my boys are diehart fans i turn for the score once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete