title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 7, 2020

When our Governor finally allowed dog groomers to open up again, I got on the phone and called.  I told them I needed a shampoo and a hair cut.  We booked a time. They offered to clean my ears and paint my toe nails, which I thought was nice of them.  Then they asked if I wanted my anal glands expressed.  I hung up the phone.
=====================
The wedding yesterday was beautiful.  Probably the most beautiful I have ever attended.  Only 25 people were allowed to attend, so it made it seem more intimate.  I had time to talk with my grandson before the wedding, gave him my blessing and his penny I had saved from the day he was born--1994.  There was lots of hugging and I even got to meet and hold my new great grandson.  The grandkids were a bit hesitant about the hugs I wanted.  Afraid they may infect me with The Virus.  I told them, it was worth it and I was more than willing to take a chance.

The bride's grandma and I fell instantly in love.  We sat in big comfy chairs before the wedding and talked and talked.  Then the boys--my Marcus and the groom Stephen walked us to our places.  I cautioned them to walk slowly because Bride's Gramma and I both have back/leg issues.

After the ceremony, bride and groom walked out, followed by the two witnesses, then the parents.  Everyone else just stood around, so I got up, crossed the aisle and took Bride Gramma by the hand and we walked out by ourselves.  

There was a small reception at Karen and Mark's the rest of the afternoon.  For some reason, the bride's Uncle took an interest in me and we sat alone and talked for a couple of hours.  If that kid was only 15 years older, I may have "Cougared" him, but from knowing he's the father of the bride's, younger brother, I'd put his age at early sixties, and that's just a bit too young.

I almost reconsidered when I learned he is a Master Gardener.
=======================
Speaking of gardens.  Such a beautiful cool day today, I went out to dig the tall grasses out of my front garden.  I also have a giant Burdock living among my Hosta's.  It took me 30 minutes, sitting in my camp chair while digging.  I don't have enough strength to push a shovel in the ground, so I had to cut off the Burdock--knowing full well, it will just grow back again.
===============
Maybe I should make the long trip to the kids reception in late August and renew my friendship with Master Gardener, Scott?  

10 comments:

  1. Nothing like a little romance to warm up your old blood, I always say.

    Glad you enjoyed the wedding...hope everyone reminds safe from the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful you enjoyed the wedding. A master gardener huh good catch.
    I have been digging and transplanting and pulling and hauling until I am ready to drop but my rock gardens got the attention they have been needing for years.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and your rock gardens look great, Cathy.

      Delete
  3. A Master Gardner, oh my! I can see the attraction. I love a small wedding. As you say, they are more intimate. Weddings have gotten out of hand, and holy moly, the expense! Glad you enjoyed it, and that you had such charming company. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice. No elaborate affair like some, BUT they are having their reception in late August and I'll just bet, there will be a couple of hundred people there, lots of music and noise. I'm so glad I have an excuse not to go. LOL

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice time at the wedding and got to finally hold you newest great grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of you ... small weddings are the best. If the young want a rowdy reception, I will gladly stay home! CONGRATS ... not sure I'm brave enough to be out in public yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to attend the wedding, and hold the new great grandson; that made it all worth it. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, age is just a number, right!! And master gardener, too!
    Funny we can have thousands at some funerals and "protests", but only 10 people at our local funerals and churches. Something ain't right!

    ReplyDelete