title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Blogger and I were in a fight.  For some reason, it wouldn't let me post photos, which ticked me off, so I didn't post.

Grandson Stephen and Carolyn's little wedding was just lovely.  I think I liked it better with just 50 of us in the church.  It seemed more intimate.  I don't have many photos of it as yet, just the ones Karen took.  We had a nice late lunch out at her place afterwards.



Yes I hugged him.  I hugged all of my grandchildren and didn't wear a mask.




 Grand Daughter Helene, holding the great grand babies and cousins.
Della, Harrison and Benedikt

I got to hold Benedikt, for the first time, and whisper his blessing in his ear.
=================
Last Friday Karen took me for my first pedicure as an early birthday gift for me.  I did wear my mask this time.




I just about slipped when I got up out of the chair with those slippery little flip-flops on.


It is sort of a tradition that daughter Pam paints my toenails on my birthday, but since I wasn't going to see her, Karen took care of it.  My feet still feel smooth.

Pammie called me Saturday because she had to work Sunday, on my birthday.
============
Tomorrow is going to be my first real day out.  I am going to the Print Shop to get a genealogy to barter with the hair stylist for a hair cut.  She is the best, but I can't afford $40.00 every 5 weeks for a trim so I will give her the genealogy and get a free cute.  As long as it took me to do it, it should be worth 3 hair cuts. LOL

Then I am going to Michael's.  I need to make arrangements to get the kids wedding sampler, stretched on foam core and framed.  Their Big Do isn't until the middle of August, so I do have time.
===============
Well, how do you like the way the world is operating now?  BLM who I understand is an extreme left-wing instigators who don't really care all that much about black lives, they just want to cause more division and riots and anything that will mess with the election.

Tearing down Statues?  Although I am wondering why the Statues of FDR and LBJ are still standing, as they were big time racists.  Back in the day, some chuckled when LBJ signed the Civil Rights bill because he really disliked blacks, but he was forced into signing the bill.
==================
The Virus is still with us and probably will be for months or another year.  We have had only 28 people died in our County.  All in nursing homes, because our Democrat Governor, like Democrat Governor Cuomo, decided it would be a good thing to put recovering hospitalized people in a nursing home for rehab.  Although those recovering people were still contagious.

I am wearing a mask if I have to go out to pick up a prescription and I will wear a mask tomorrow to go into the stores.  One of these days, I will have to get over my slight case of agoraphobia that has settled in from not being able to go anywhere, and force myself to start getting my own groceries.  I kind of dread that first trip and if I am in the cat food aisle, picking out different kinds of wet food and NO ONE is around, I am sure I will pull that thing down under my nose so I can breathe!!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I love love love all the photos. Thank you for persevering. I haven't taken an occasion to get out and wear a mask. Maybe we should wear SCUBA gear so we can get fresh oxygen!

    It's 90 here today in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I do hate breathing in my own CO2. I suppose we could get one of those little oxygen tubes that goes in the nose, like people with COPD use?

      Delete
  2. My county is effeminately on the down side of the virus. At our peak we saw 232 deaths in one day and now we're down to 3 today. I for one am glad our governor took strong measures to keep the virus from spreading.

    I had a day like you with Bloggers not letting me load photos, too. I figure it's part of the big format change they are doing and that I'm dreading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they were doing a format change. I wonder how long that will take me to learn. LOL

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I am glad you got your toes done. They look really nice. I haven't been to the nail salon yet. Can you get curb side pick up where you are? Wal-Mart does it here and so does Target. I have not done it but my daughter does all the time. I don't think there is a charge for the service. I am upset they are letting people tear down the historic statues. Our ancestors fought for freedom. I wish people would read their history books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid from now on, "they" are going to re-write the History books to reflect their view point. They've already tried to re-write the Bible, or at least its interpretation.

      Delete
  4. Haven't had a real pedicure in years, but they're nice--particularly when your daughter takes you! My DIP took me a few times.
    The world is nuts. I live in the county where Nat Turner's rebellion took place. I am still in shock at what people have been writing on Facebook (both sides!) since this Marxist movement began. I know God is over it all, but I think we are in for a bumpy ride. I was naive enough to think we had made so much progress, but here, evidently it isn't so.
    Boy, your grandchildren are all marrying and having beautiful bzbies! Sounds normal. At least something is still normal!!
    Take care--you look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to wonder if we are in the early stages of the Tribulation.

      Delete
  5. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete