title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I do believe I've lost all logical reason.

Monday was the most perfect day.  My kind of weather.  69 degrees and sunny.  I had the doors and windows open.  It was lovely.

After my Soap, I decided to clean the house.  Scrub the bathroom and kitchen.  Vacuum and dust, wash some windows.

I had planned on going outside and weed the perennial garden of all grasses that are growing in it and sweep off my porch and the 457 million Maple Whizzers I have on my driveway.

Instead I cleaned house.

Yesterday, it was 90 with high humidity, I was closed up in the house with the A/C running.  What a perfect day to clean house...but I had already done it and it was too hot to work in the garden.

I watch the weather report.  I knew what kind of weather we were going to have, so why in the world would I switch up my days and clean on a cool day?

I think senility and my ability to think things out and get organized has flown the coop.

Today, it is 89 and high humidity.  I stare out the window and look at my perennial garden, with the grass growing taller and taller.
==============
I have been watching too much of the News, so yesterday I took great pains to notice things right here in my corner of the Universe.  I take these things for granted, most of the time, and just sort of look through them.  By the time night fell, I was very relaxed and calm.



 Mt east facing kitchen window sill.
The morning sun makes all the little pitchers shine

A Finch at the Thistle seed sock feeder 

My neighbor's Chinese Chain tree.
The yellow flowers hang in chains

The Red Bellied Woodpecker eating from
the bird feeder because I haven't hung out
his suet.


Red Cardinal.  
Whenever I post a photo of a Cardinal on Face Book,
someone invariably comments, "Oh, Someone you
love has come from Heaven to visit you."
Ah-hh, no, it's just a hungry Cardinal. 





Oh yes, my 457 million Whizzers on the driveway.









14 comments:

  1. Your glassware in the window is very pretty! So are your birds.

    I can't believe your soaps are still on the air. Mine are doing reruns since the pandemic started which I'm not the least bit interested in seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are filmed six months in advance, so probably will run into October.

      Delete
  2. It's great to take a moment to enjoy the beauty of every day life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to get my mind away from all that is going on and center into my own space.

      Delete
  3. Cleaning to keep your mind off protesters? You are NOT senile, kiddo!
    We've been so disappointed in the news, I looked up old Charles Kuralt "On the Road" videos on youtube. We watched them and his voice was so soothing, and the people across the USA were always interesting. It was a pleasure to watch and something I recommend! 💕
    Be well!💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching a lot of "soothing" shows.
      I don't like angry, yelling people.

      Delete
  4. Did you get exhausted counting all the millions of maple whizzers? That made me smile. Any activity we do is preferable to getting sucked into the violence around us which the news portrays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep the TV off until the local news at noon. As soon as I see the weather report, I turn the TV off again until my Soap comes on.
      Then TV off again until Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Then, try to find something on the History or Discovery channel to watch.

      Delete
  5. I have been living in the moment since the beginning of the year, so have continued during the shutdown. I really enjoy spending time in the yards, watching the light move through the trees and cast various shadows. Of course, there is always lots of work to do inside and outside. Never time to slow down around here, but maybe, with the heat coming on, I will do more of that. I have a stack of books from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bee hot and humid here these last few days. The hot isn't too bad to stand, but the humidity puts me down!

      Delete
  6. I like your pitcher collection. Very pretty, and your house looks so comfortable in the photo with you two cats. Our birds are out and about, but I'm very late getting the hummingbird feeder out. Gotta do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two pair of Baltimore Orioles, but right now is nesting time so they don't come to the Grape Jelly feeder as often.

      Delete
  7. well...sometimes it's just nice to clean indoors when the weather is cool. windows open, that air circulating in the house, you will have time to clean up outside. don't you have a home owners association that keeps up with outside??

    your birds are beautiful, you are getting a nice variety. and your glass vases on the window sill are just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No home owners association here, Deb. We maintain our own lots. The maintenance of the park mows the park property and in the winter, plows the streets.

      Delete