title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, June 11, 2020



I watched the funeral.  All 4 hours of it.  I had to click onto another channel a couple of times when it got so noisy.  I don't see how those women can sing like that and not ruin their vocal chords!!!  and why some speakers had to politicize a funeral is beyond me.  There is a lot in this Country that I guess I don't understand.
===================
We are having massive severe thunder storms all this afternoon.  The weather man said, "Hurricane force straight line winds, which can as much damage as a tornado."  I mention it on Face Book and people comment, "Be safe."  I live in a manufactured home--there is no "safe" from a tornado.   I really wish my weather man would be more reassuring than trying to scare me to pieces.


I did move my car, out from under the big Maple, and to the other side of the drive.  I also have a small cord that I loop over the inside handle of my storm door, pull inside, close the front door and tie that cord around the inside front door knob.  Just to keep the wind from whipping that door open and slamming it against the porch railing.  That happened once years ago.  Ruined the door.

=============
I got all rebellious and smart alecky Saturday, when at the wedding and afterwards, I didn't wear a mask and was hugging everyone in sight.  I was even mentally swaggering around when I got home.  Pretty smug that I wouldn't catch any bad germs.


Now today, with seeing number of cases rising after the slight opening up, and the famed or infamous Dr. Fauci saying we are still in the early stages of the pandemic, I'm not feeling so smug.



Beauty salons open here on this coming Monday.  Of course, I was going to be first in line.  After the wedding, I don't really care what my hair looks like, and it looks weird, but I think I just might wait until late June, early July before I get all antsy and go out.  I have 7 bags of bottles to return.  4" of hair to get cut off, and the kids wedding present to get matted and framed, but..................






9 comments:

  1. I did not watch the funeral or the memorial service earlier in the week. Like it or not George Floyd is now an iconic figure in our history and to expect his funeral not to be politicized was unrealistic in my opinion. He became the straw that broke the camel's back (no pun intended) with the Social Injustice Movement.

    We had a lot of tree damage over close by me with that straight line wind and some power outrages but not on my street. Still scary.

    I don't think Dr. Fauci is "infamous" at all. He's serviced six U.S. Presidents as the top infectious disease expert. When he says the danger is over that's when I'll quit wearing a mask and social distancing in public. Just crazy to follow the president's over Dr. Fauci's on something he's devoted his entire life to studying.

    Have the bottle recycle stations opened yet? I don't have but 2 dozen but I know a lot of people who are anxious to get rid of their cans and bottles. Those lines are going to be LONG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottle returns open Monday--15th.
      I like Doctor Fauci, but I know some that think he is just prolonging this, therefore, they would call him infamous. :-)
      I would have much rather had "them" televise the funeral of David Dron--the retired policeman protecting his friends store--shot by one of the looters.

      Delete
  2. I only watched about 30 seconds of the funeral, literally! They were bringing the gold casket it and that was enough for me to turn it off! Everything in the news is driving me crazy right now so I'm watching a lot of Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what crisis will arise next to get us all in a thither.
      I didn't realize his casket was gold--I thought it was bronze. I wish he hadn't ended being a martyr for the cause. 5 felonies. 5 children that he doesn't pay support for. Spent time in prison, more than once. Trying to pass a fake 20. Fentanyl in his system and Cocaine in his pocket. Not that I wanted anyone to be a martyr, but they sure made a big deal out of this guy. Why not the kid that was shot while out jogging and totally innocent? Oh--he wasn't killed by a Cop, just three evil White Supremacists.

      Delete
    2. maybe the casket was brass...I didn't look close enough I guess! This whole thing is just making me sick right now! I worry for my grandkids, what kind of country or world will they be adults in?

      Delete
  3. I try not to watch any more news than I have to as Louis Dean has it on fairly often. I can't do one thing about any of what's going on except pray and I do. I also treat everyone the way scripture teaches us.....with kindness, love and compassion...but my heart is heavy for our country.....and I pray for God to bind the evil in our land.
    And no, I am not feeling smug either....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Governors Cuomo and Newsom and Dr. Fauci are my heroes in this pandemic. We also have a company here in Fresno, BitWise, that has done some amazing things through all of this. They are very smart people and they have said they are staying shut down, with everyone working from home, for the rest of the year.

    As for not wearing a mask, as long as others were, you should be okay. You catch this virus by being close to people or by touching your face,having picked up the virus from a surface. The neighbors across the street are now quarantined as the grandparents have become infected with the virus. I am not surprised as they just kept going and also having lots of company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love storms judy, especially thunder storms in the middle of the day. not scary thunderstorms, just fun, regular storms!!

    i have not been around anyone nor have i been in a store, but if i were to, i would definitely/always wear a mask. you put others at risk when you don't do so!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete