title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Last Saturday was one of those perfect days for me.  Not something most women would get excited about, but...3 football games on TV consecutively, starting at noon.  Ohio State vs Wisconsin at noon, Michigan State vs Penn State at 3:30 and University of Michigan vs Notre Dame at 7:30.  11 hours of watching football?  

You know why I like it?  I sit in my recliner and work on my projects--cross stitch and crochet.  I don't watch every football play, listen mostly, but look up when there is some action.  At half-time, I get up from my chair and load the dishwasher, vacuum the living room, do some laundry.  So...........I'm not really lazy. LOL

This past Saturday, yesterday, only one ballgame and it was boring.  I spent most of the afternoon watching "Property Brothers" and cross stitching.

Now we have the dreaded time change.  So many people hate it, I don't know why we just don't stay on Eastern Standard Time and forget all about Daylight Saving Time.  But the "fall back" affects me less than the "spring forward", I still will feel a bit discombobulated for a couple of weeks.

I set my Cuckoo clock back an hour in the middle of the week.  I don't consciously hear that clock anymore, but I figured, unconsciously I'd hear it and even though the other clocks stated 4:00, the Cuckoo would cuckoo 3 times and ease me into the time change.  I know.  I am weird!

Well it was kind of nice to wake up this morning at my normal 9:00 inner clock and realize it was only 8:00, according to the clocks.  I felt like an early riser, but of course tonight, when TV programs are on at 10:00, but in yesterday's time and my inner clock time it is really 11:00, I'll be dozing in my chair.

It's all very confusing to me.
======================
This great grandchild of mine, Harrison, is only 3 months old.  He is in the 90+ percentile for height and weight.  He is going to be an enormous kid!!!  He looks so much like his Dad, it's spooky!




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Karen is having the time of her life, being a Grandma.

      Delete
  2. I love Property Brothers but I often forget to watch it.

    I woke up this morning at 6:30 the old time and couldn't fall back to sleep. I will pay for that tonight and tomorrow. But the time change doesn't usually bother me except I have one clock that is a pain in the butt to reset and usually takes me 15 stupid minutes.

    Karen looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Cuckoo clock takes forever to turn it back. Much easier in the spring.

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet baby! Maybe he will play football?

    Yesterday we binged on Centennial on Starz. I did not watch all of it but rather listened at times since I had other work to do. I only saw that once when it first aired on TV in the late 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that movie. It would be good to watch again. I wonder if I have it on DVD?

      Delete
  4. He is beautiful, seems since February heart attack and continuing healing I no longer watch television. With home, cooking, camera, blog and insta gram the day is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ernestine, I watch very little.
      Never the news. My Soap from 1:00-2:00.
      and mostly PBS or History Channel in the evenings.

      Delete
  5. your grandson is so cute. I hate time change it messes me up at work.
    I hate coming home in the dark.
    you are a football fan I am a patriots watcher and I watched them get beat soundly on Sunday night.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch much NFL--only college, but I did see the Pats lost.

      Delete
  6. we don't watch football in our house - no sports as a matter of fact. occasionally i will watch the giants, but they are doing do poorly, i am really not interested!!

    i have never watched property brothers....and i am NOT adjusting well to the time change!!

    little harrison is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to like football, but my husband is a fanatic about "his' team. Even when they win, they "should've, didn't could've..." whatever. I feel on edge the whole season because "his" team affects his moods that much. It "shouldn't" be that way! ;)
    Harrison is a beautiful boy! <3

    ReplyDelete