title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, November 17, 2019

I am just wondering if I should even post anymore.
There is absolutely nothing interesting going on in my life.  
Nothing anyone would want to spend time reading about.

I can't even come up with an interesting illness, that people would want to follow, empathize, give advice.  I suppose that is a good thing.

Yesterday, I put the humidifier together, filled with water because everything I touched, I got a shock.  

Today I vacuumed the kitchen, living room and den.  And dusted.  Set up the air cleaner here in the den.

Oh, you did hear we got 9 inches of snow last week, right?  It's been unusually cold since, but I love the cold weather.  I had an appointment last week at the Pulmonologist and she asked if the cold weather bothered my breathing.  I told her "No" and she did a breathing test and said, "Your lungs are great for their age.", which struck me as funny.  My lungs are the same age as me, right?

or maybe not.  Maybe they are 6-7 months older---'cause they were growing before I was born?

My Christmas Cactus is healthy and nice and green and not one single bud on it's stems/leaves/fronds...whatever those things are called on a Cactus.  Everyone I know, who has a Christmas Cactus, are posting pictures of how theirs are loaded with buds.

This is my exciting and interesting life.
==================
No one is having Thanksgiving this year and I just found out our family Christmas will be on the 28th.

The traditional family Christmas Eve, which was celebrated for over 100 years, is now whenever--sometime in December.  So that means I will be home Christmas Even and Christmas Day.

Why don't I just slash my wrists now!!!!!!!?

Ever since my 80th birthday in June, I ponder on why I am here.  What good am I to anyone?
The kids don't call or visit.  The grand kids--well, I have no idea what is going on with them.
I don't see my sister very often.
It's hard.  At one time, I was the "hub" of the family, but then......I haven't been the hub in many, many years, so why does it bother me?

I feel like I am totally useless to anyone.  They would all get along just fine if I weren't here.

I think it is difficult for a once vibrant, involved in everything, socially active person to become irrelevant, but that is what I have become.
==================
I have this fantasy.  I sometimes sit and ponder on it and see it all falling into place.

I have a new car--a small SUV.  I pack it up with everything I will need for a month and...I just take off.  I tell no one that I am going.  Just like my kids and sister do--they go on vacations, or trips, and never inform me they will be gone.

I meander around the country.  I've always wanted to see Vermont in September.  I stay for a week, on the ocean, in Nags Head, North Carolina's Outer Banks.  I get off the interstate and travel the back roads, stopping along the way to see whatever takes my fancy.  I might even stop in at Oak Island, in Nova Scotia, of spend a week in North Dakota with my special "daughter", Chris.

I wonder how long it would take before anyone realized I was gone.  Two weeks?  Maybe longer.  Someone would notice that I hadn't posted on Face Book.  Someone might contact Karen and ask, "Is your Mom all right.  She hasn't posted on Face Book in two weeks."  Then Karen might call and leave a message.  The next week, she might ask the other kids or my sister if they had heard from me.  She might even drive up here and ask a neighbor.

No one knows.  Would they worry?  Would a police report be made for a missing person?  Would there be yellow police tape around my house as they checked for clues?  Would my face appear on a milk carton? 

I have no cell phone to trace my whereabouts by GPS.  
And when I returned, would there be an ambulance ready to take me to the nursing home---where I could be watched 24/7?
========================
Just a selfish, revenge fantasy, that would in the long run, prove my true irrelevance.





16 comments:

  1. Please dont even think you are not read:blog: or appreciated.I look forward to reading your entries. I feel an affinity to you as we are both in Michigan and both MSU fans. Yes, life is different as we are aging,but blogland gives us a whole world to explore and meet and care about other people. You are appreciated more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awful game last Saturday. Thank goodness the basketball team is stellar!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh you have a lot to say! How is NOBODY having Thanksgiving? Your sister? Karen? This is ridiculous. I am disappointed I. Your family. I missed part of the spring posts, how are your neighbors? The gentleman with the dog that passed? The older couple down the road? I’m sorry that I al blanking in their names. I was your visitor from Woods Hole.

      Delete
    3. Oh Julie--I will have to post about them.

      Delete
    4. I was wondering about those people too..Thanks Julie. I too look forward to Judy's blog. I miss you when you don't post..and worry.
      Cheers,
      Carol in ON

      Delete
  2. I'm a lurker not a commenter but I enjoy your blog. What may seem mundane and ordinary to you is interesting to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Plain Jane, "mundane and ordinary" are interesting to read about in other people's lives because that makes our own mundane and ordinary lives feel less lonely or different from the norm. But if you are looking for more to write about, you've got decades of memories to revisit and those are always fun for others to read.

    You were a successful parent and taught your kids to be strong and independent. It should come as no surprise that they still think of you that way. I remember last time this year you went through the same kind of depression about the holidays and being alone but you ended up with a great family gathering and you were glowing in the photos and festivities. Doesn't matter if it happens on the 25th or 28th, you will get quality time with your family and that's the important part.

    Hope you are using your special light for seasonal depression. It's going to be a long, dready winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would miss you. I enjoy reading your blog and it doesn't matter what you are writing about it is fun to follow along. I think you also need a cell phone just incase you are out and about and need help. My kids are grown up and they don't keep in touch as much as I wish. It is hard being a parent/grandparent at times. So many challenges and I think young people have no idea about all that. Please keep posting about whatever you want. I know we will all be happy to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blog is great, and I enjoy reading what you are doing. I have you on my blogroll and I would hate to have to change that. You may not think it interesting, but I find other's lives very interesting. Also, your blog provides the most referrals to my blog than any other. So, you have to keep writing. You really do have quite an audience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep writing your blog! I look forward to reading what you are up to. Many are in the same position as you when it comes to family. Times have changed from when we were the younger ones in the family. It is easy to be depressed around the Holidays. Write whatever you want, I will be waiting to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discovered a great way to talk with family and friends. I call THEM! You can start out slow ... ask your sister if she would mind if you call her every Tuesday at XX:xx. It can be a corny joke that you want a regular check in so if you should pass away from back football, someone would know you were missing in a week.

    Then do that with your "special" daughter. A different day of the week. Before you know it, you'll have human contact every day of the week. Do the same with your neighbors!

    With your grandchildren, email and ask for the latest picture!

    For Christmas, tell people all you want is a smart phone ... then you can receive photos of the great grands and a short message.

    From all these comments, it looks like you have a great following on Blog! And Facebook! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea about calling. I used to say the phone lines run in both directions but that doesn't make much sense in the cell phone age. LOL I do something similar. I have a list of 5 people I like talking to and I'll call each one, once a month when I'm in the mood to hear a human voice.

      Delete
  8. I always enjoy reading your blog and I hope you continue to blog and more often, if only to tell us how you feel. It's OK. A lot of us are in the same situation or even more limited. I do have a feeling your family would be surprised to know you feel the way you do -- they wouldn't want you to feel left out I'm sure. Please let them know how you do feel, I bet they will change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though I'm not blogging now, I do still read the blogs of several women. Every day I look to see if you've left a post and feel a bit let down when there's nothing new to read. So, don't go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd go with you on a trip (providing we could get an suv). :)

    However, this year has been the pits with my granddaughter and her health issues; the bad foot and ankle. And, if I left who in the Sam Hill would do their laundry. LOL

    Actually, I've been at their house most of the year it seems. I'm glad to be able to help out; I'm only home for a couple of days now and will go back tomorrow or Monday. I do get a kick from the kids though. They're pretty sweet little ones. Of course, Hunter stays in her room a lot (especially now that she has a room to call her own). The good news is that the children are put to bed about 7 p.m. This is what our mother did also; we went to bed early.

    I'm sorry, just rambling, Judy. But, when I'm home I enjoy reading blogs; yours in particular.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete