title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, October 25, 2019

Well, it has been a while.

Finally, after more than a month, I think I have my BP back under control.  It didn't take much to throw it off, but took a long time to get it back.  

Karen came over and cleaned up the brush piles I had made from trimming Lilac bushes, then she trimmed the hedges along the East side of the house and dug out all the grass clumps in the little front garden.  I lost all my beautiful Iris because the grass had grown around them and practically buried.  I took up the Iris I could find and have planted them in the 3 big pots I normally grow my tomatoes in.  I hope the Iris come back.  I had some real beauties a couple of years ago.

When she was done outside, she came in and with much protesting from me, she vacuumed the living room and den and then mopped the kitchen, laundry area floor.  I have never had anyone, ever mop my floor for me.  It made me feel kind of weird.
=================
A Dear Friends husband died after months of her taking care of him at home.  So, I had to drive up to Durand for the visitation.  I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing.  I just walked into the room, walked up to her and took her frail, 5'2" body and wrapped my arms around her and just hugged her for a long time.  She kept saying, "Judy. Judy." and I just rocked her back and forth in that hug.
============
This past Wednesday, Karen and Pam, my sister Susan and granddaughter Madeleine, went to see "Downton Abbey" at the theater.  They have luxury seats in this theater.  Leather, wide reclining chairs.  We all loved the movie, as we all had watched the entire series from Day One.  To me, the best part is just being with my girls!



Maddie is nearly 5 months pregnant.  Her tummy looks like she has a soccer ball under her shirt.
===================
As I was trimming Lilac bushes a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the trunks were so crowed at ground level.  Every few years, Lilac bushes need to have the largest, oldest trunks cut out and of course anything that is dead, plus, I had a 15 feet Maple tree growing up through one of them.

I asked my brother-in-law to bring his chain saw down with him when they came to put plastic on the back door to help keep out the cold, winter drafts.

He trimmed out of lot!  Now the air and sun can get down to the roots and help the new saplings grow.

We had six bundles to tie up with twine and put out by the street for yard waste pick-up.

While I was outside helping him, my sister shrink-wrapped my back door.  She does such a great job you don't even notice there is plastic there.


Yesterday was also Karen's 58th birthday.  Her granddaughter Della shares her birthday and is 3.

Karen, Della and Harrison who is 3 months old.

We are having normal October weather.  There are so many hard woods in this area, that the scenery out my windows is ablaze with reds, yellow, orange and an occasional dark green pine tree thrown in for contrast.  I love this time of year!



10 comments:

  1. Have missed seeing you blogging posts, glad to know you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have help when you need it, Judy. Those birthday girls are beautiful, and such a cute baby boy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got brighter color than we have on this side of the state. Glad your daughter helped you with your chores and glad you had a great girl's night off to the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you writing again. I missed reading your posts. Lovely that your daughter helped you so much. Your mention of a stray tree reminds me to cut out the wayward ones in my overgrown clump of Lilacs.I get maple trees sprouting all over.
    Cheers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. our autumn colors are really missing this year, your are so beautiful!! i'm glad you had some help with your yard work, you need and deserve it girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see you blog again. You do keep busy and I'm happy you got in some quality family time!! Hooray! And got a lot of work done. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checked before you posted. I'm glad about your BP. I'm so thrilled about Karen helping you! It's hard to accept help, I know!
    The pic of you ladies at the movies is one I'm so glad to see. And I'm so thankful for your sister and b-i-l helping you.
    You are so deserving of help and love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Judy, like you, I find that responding to grief often leaves me mute. Then it is that your response--of simply holding the grieving person close to a warm body and rocking like a baby bring comfort. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was nice of your daughter to help you so much! I still haven't seen the Downton Abby movie and I had every intention to see it as soon as it came out!

    ReplyDelete