title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, October 10, 2019

My, my.  Time does get away from me.

Getting at the yard work to be done.  Daughter Karen was coming today to help, but had to baby-sit for her grandson Harrison, who has pink-eye.  Nine weeks old and looks six months.  He weighs 14.5 pounds and is 24 inches long.  Pediatrician says he will roll over soon and be early in crawling and walking.
Look at the mitts on that kid!!!!



Della, who will be 3 in two weeks, had preschool pictures taken.  She is a strong willed little girl and was very upset that her mother wouldn't let her wear her flower girl dress for the photos.

I told her mother she needs to get this kid into modeling and then Mom could retire. 
=====================
In preparation of Karen coming to help, I trimmed back my Lilac bushes, taking off all the lower branches.  Now I have piles of brush all over the side lawn...Karen was going to take it home with her and put it in their burn pile.

My lawn mowing kid is suppose to come and take out the raised bed garden I have on the side of my shed.  Yesterday I cleaned out all the weeds and Zinnia's that were in it, in preparation for his visit.

Not only have the timbers rotted, but rain water off the roof of the shed, pooled into that raised bed and then drained under my shed--which I have just discovered was not placed on a cement slab--thus the shed's floor boards on that side have rotted away!

Karen was going to help me clean out the shed so I could get some boards down to replace the rotted ones.

Today, I am headed out to cut back the front garden and wait for Karen, who promises to be here on Monday to trim the hedges.

This has been the perfect week--sunny and high 60's, to work outside and being we live in Michigan, I know this weather is not going to hold.
==================
I have been battling high blood pressure since the first of October.  A mix up in my prescription had me taking 1/4 of the dosage and it took me a couple of weeks before I realized what was wrong.

So back on the correct dosage and it has taken a week and a half before blood pressure has returned to  normal.  Plus, working on a couple of small genealogies has kept me busy.
=====================
A rattle underneath my car let's me know I have to get that checked out before winter sets in and of course, no extra money to take it to the mechanic.
=============
My neighbor's ex husband died last month and she is now getting his Social Security.  She's poor too, so this has really helped her.

So, on a whim, I checked on the SS web site, under the heading, "Ex Spouse Survivor Benefits" and sure enough.

When my ex dies, I will get 100% of his Social Security.  I figured it out as best I could--I will receive $2,000.00 a month!  Twice what I get now!

EGAD!!!  Now wouldn't that make my life a lot easier?

Not that I want him to die or anything, but hey--it's good to know these kinds of things.
===============
I could get off Welfare.  I could get this room painted.  No constant worry about how to pay the monthly bills.  I could get my car fixed or even.....lease a new one!

No doubt God is going to punish me for even having these thoughts and I will die before the ex does.  LOL

7 comments:

  1. You can collect on ex's account IF you did not remarry. You may want to talk to SS because I think you can collect ex's SS before he dies IF you did not remarry. visit www.ssa.gov for info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Awkward Widow. There are a lot of 'ifs' at play in collecting S.S. on an ex-husband. So don't count your chickens too soon.

    Glad your daughter is going to help with some of your yard work. That's a blessing. I finally got some of mine done today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did sign up under his name when I turned 62...a partial part of his total SS. When he dies I get 100% as will his now wife.
    We were married 27 years--have to be married 10 years in this State.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister-in-law really screwed up. She divorced my brother at 9 1/2 years. I didn't know you'd been married that long. I'm surprise both your and his present wife get the same. I would thought---any been wrong---that it would be pro-rated by how many years you each had.

      Delete
  4. my oldest was 10 lbs, 8 ozs at birth, and 24 inches long!!! he was quite the celebrity in the nursery. the little ones are adorable, that little della could be a model!!

    it's good you have a little help with the yard work!! you will appreciate that increase in ss when it comes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How on earth can his current wife get 100% if you do, too!?
    I can't wish him ill will, but hope you live long enough to get a reward! ;)
    Della should be a model! But, what a hard life that can be. Harrison has his serious face on. It's serious business growing so fast!
    Our great-grandson, Henry is 18-months old and we will welcome his little brother, Connor, around Christmas. My, my! Their half-brother just turned 9, and he's a pistol, but then, so is Henry!
    Sending you a warm hug, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete