title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, June 15, 2019

It's difficult to post anything when I am in The Pits.

It's difficult to post anything when minutes, hours, days are all the same.

The struggles remain.
Back Pain
Money worries
Lack of motivation
Loneliness

No one wants to read about all that negative stuff.
====================
When it hasn't rained, which it does, every other day, our weather has been beautiful.  Sunny and in the 70's, which is my kind of weather because I hate hot and humid.

My Old School Gal Pals luncheon was last Thursday.  I didn't know if I should go.  It was just miles from The Farm and when we have it in that town, I get to make a stop to visit "Lil Sis" on my way home.

I had less than 1/2 tank of gas and no money left in the gas budget envelope.  It was a 75 mile round trip and how would I pay for my lunch?
Emotionally, I needed to go.  To drive up through familiar countryside.  To look at the fields and see if any of the crops were coming up or even planted, it has been so wet.  I needed to see friends and my sister.
I had $60.00 left in my grocery budget envelope.  $60.00 and it wasn't even the middle of the month.  How is that going to last me the rest of the month?
That made me mad!
I live a simple life, but can't even enjoy a once a month lunch out because there is never any extra money in the budget.
So, I took a twenty out of the grocery envelope and off I went.

It rained constantly from here to there and back again.  I have a bad windshield wiper.  The rubber blade keeps wanting to slide out of the metal holder....so every few miles, I had to stop, get out in the rain and slide the blade back into place.

The lunch was great.  9 of us there, only missing our Bethie who couldn't make it.  My lunch total came to $6.00 because I ordered the cheapest menu item--4 tacos.  A $2.00 tip brought it up to $8.00 so I still had $12.00 for gas.

The time spent with my sister was wonderful.  We sat and talked for an hour and a half.  My BIL fixed my wiper blade, he thinks.  It did stay together for the trip home.  Then it was nearly 5:00 and time for me to head home.  Going home always brings me a certain amount of peace.
============
Jennifer's oldest, Andrew, my grand son that I was always so close too, graduated way out in New Jersey.  Karen had flown out for the event and sent a video to me.  It made me cry.  He will be going to Bentley University in September--wherever that is.  Somewhere near Boston I guess.
Ever since they moved, I've been depressed.
============
I have to get to the store today.  Cats need food and so do I.  I have been eating peanut butter sandwiches for the last three days and I don't really like peanut butter, so I am getting sick of them real fast.

Now as I look in the grocery budget envelope and realize there is only $40.00--it just makes me angry again.

Was the emotional lift really more important than food?  I can't rob Peter to pay Paul because Peter has no money.

Was food for my soul more important than food for my body?
==========================
See, I told you it was all going to be negative.



12 comments:

  1. Feeding your soul is always important. To be out, to see things, to talk to friends and family. That makes it a good day. As for the food budget, I hope the money appears to feed you and the kitty for the remainder of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comment before mine....feeding the soul is a priority.
    It sounds like you are making the most of what you have....but it's tough when there's not quite enough to go around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a wise choice to take the $20 and have lunch with your friends and a visit with your sis, those were real spirit lifters, and I hope money will appear for you for the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to the the other three comments. I would feed my emotional soul before feeding my body. But if it had been me I would have make a sandwich and ate it in the car then go inside the restaurant and just ordered a Pepsi and tell the girls I was having "digestive problems" and didn't feel like eating.

    Too bad you can't find a way to turn your wonderful handcrafts into a little extra cash. Maybe add a page to your blog to list baby stuff, adult and children's hats, with photos and prices. You crochet beautifully! You could take customized orders. You'd only have to have one item to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the comment right before this! That's an awesome idea, Judy. At least you could give it a try, right?

    Also, I have a feeling there are other places to get food; perhaps churches. Can you check that out, if you haven't already. There are several around here, but thanks be to the Lord we haven't (yet) needed to use them. Our next door neighbor does.

    I'm glad you were able to visit with your friends and sister. So important to get out once in a while.

    Wish I could help.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you didn't get to see, in person, your grandson graduating. I could say more, but just won't. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you weren't going through all this, Judy! I don't have any sage advice, I know you've already thought of things and can't work things out better.
    I know what you are feeling, although I'm not alone. Sometimes one feels lonely in the presence of others. Wearing a mask is exhausting!!💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry buddy. Financial problems are second only to health problems. Several of our neighborhoods have food banks! That is definitely worth checking into. I know you were going to one and I bet there are others!!

    I just Googled Brighton Food Banks .... https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/mi-brighton and this is one good link. Also Gleaners Community (Howell) and Bountiful Harvest (Brighton). Those two have websites so you can learn how to qualify. There seem to be a lot of resources in your County ... I just don't know the logistics of where you live in relation to them.

    DO IT! Food is necessary for the soul to be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bountiful Harvest even serves a FREE breakfast during their Sat morning shopping time! Maybe this is the one that you used to go to?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one wants to read about all that negative stuff...I don't know about everyone. I'm honest in my post and there some time things aren't going well.
    I hope things look up soom=n
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  11. Switch to tuna fish! It's cheap. I hope you like it better than peanut butter. I find that nowadays, food appeals to me less and less. But then, I don't have to worry about where it's coming from and I am so sorry that you do. I agree that you should take advantage of any free breakfasts or other meals out there. You're good at talking and meeting people, so I think you may really enjoy that. I don't know much about food banks but you've talked before about stocking up at one. Has that come to an end for some reason? At any rate please don't be discouraged. I hope you find some relief for your back pain too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete